It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This inherent, all consuming feeling of "waiting" - but for what?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Sounds like your not fulfilled in some aspect of your life. As you said you have everything "material" maybe it's something Spiritual or emotional.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

No worries. Context is everything and its one of the most difficult things to have some across in text. I didn't mean to jump down your throat. I get a little lost and frustrated myself from time to time. I'm sorry to hear about your loss (no matter how long ago it was). I've faced loss in my life as well; my mother, grandmother, and two uncles in the last 9 years to cancer, and my grandfather took his own life. My father now is on the verge of his own end, but that's life, right? Short.
I can respect that you got to where you are by your own hand. I've been walking that same path for years myself, though it seems I've been stuck in quicksand for the last few years. When the recession hit my wife and I both lost our jobs, and we had to lose the apartment in PA and move the family back down to NC, where we're currently staying with my in-laws (maybe now you can't sympathize with the hell I'm living in :lol
. Anywho; take my advise in my above comment and take a look around. The path is never ending. The turns may be hidden from time to time, but life isn't over until you hand the Fairy Man your coin.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando

Originally posted by BioStatistic
I have no idea what to tell you. Not all of us have the ideal existence you do. I work full time and go to school full time, and maintain my home alone. I don't have a perfect fiancé and I'm not a self made millionaire. Im not an all American hero and I don't have a mansion.

Maybe you're coming to the realization that materialism doesn't satisfy your true needs. No one can tell you what things you need to learn or what you should do. That's entirely up to you. We are all here to learn our own lessons.

Definitely - the point I'm trying to make (which I think you've seen), is that even with the perfect exterior, it's nothing but.

I'm not fulfilled, I don't feel like I've achieved even a % of what we are able to, and I feel more restless each and every day.

I think sharing thoughts like this help the collective as well as the individual - yes, you can't tell me what I can or should do, but by exploring, and sharing thoughts, we can hopefully influcence each other to achieve greatness (whatever that may be).

We can't give you what you want. You've come up in a world that rewards trading one item for another. Not a single person in the world can act as your compass and tell you where to go next. Charities are nice, but it's still an empty gesture. Anyone can give money away. It sounds to me like you're starting to wake up, and it's confusing and scaring you. You're afraid that everything you've accomplished is for naught.

Stop trusting what you have externally and start working on what you have internally. Make yourself a better person. I don't mean working out excessively, or donating to charity. Learn true compassion. Find out what it really means to connect with your human brothers and sisters.

We should all be taking care of each other anyway, instead of perpetuating the rat race and expending each other like fuel for our fires. None of us will survive what is coming if we don't grow up and realize we're all in this together, and stop differentiating based on social and economic stratifications.

My suggestion... make yourself stop. Learn to be still and learn to quiet yourself. Listen for that voice that tells you where to go. Tell the universe, God, the divine matrix, Allah, your toothbrush, or whatever guides you, to point to in the right direction. When your answer comes, and it will, listen to it, and do it. It more than likely won't be what you want, but it WILL be what you need. You'll know instantly what you need to do. When we ask, we always get an answer. Most of the time, though, people don't listen because the answer they get isn't very palatable.

I wish you all the best. I'm excited for you, because you're at such an exciting point in your existence.

Go for it!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The world is your oyster, what was your ultimate dream when you were younger? To be a sports player? Well why not make it your goal to be wealthy enough to invest or have some major part in whatever team you support?

Thats just an example, but always think bigger, nothing wrong with ambition. Create a new business, do something major, go for hundereds of millions/billions. Go to a 3rd world country for 4 months with your wife, invest in an area and make it better. Do something crazy like buy you and your wife tickets for the 1st space tourist flight, go on the Zero G (vomit comet) plane. Practise a musical instrument and become the best you can at it, who knows where it will take you.

Theres so much you can actually do and yet here you are wasting time, you have eliminated probably THE biggest constraint now a days which is financial constraint. You dont have to fit things in around work or around a budget you can just do ANYTHING. So go fricken do it, hell go book a recording studio out for a day and record a song for your wife.

In a survey of millionaires in similar positions to yours, once they had gotten used to the money and things had became 'normal' again, the majority said they get the most satisfaction and fullfilment out of using their money to help others.

I think you 2 should go to the 3rd world country, theres plenty of charitys who would love to take you over and let you put money into an area. You would get a dam hard culture shock which would do you the world of good and at the end of it you will probably burst into tears when you realise what you have done means to those people of that area.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

There's nothing to apologise for - I don't have a glass jaw

I too, am sorry for your loss - it sounds like a hellish situation.

I can empathise, I moved back from London 6 years ago without a penny in my pocket, living with my mum in the 3rd bedroom of her tiny house.

It's been a pretty interesting 6 years to say the least.

What industry are you in?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon102
Well you have the resources and born with the determination to move forward. So, I really really really do not understand what is keeping you.

You could meditate perhaps or read some philosophy. I dunno man, I'm on the lower end of the social ladder so I really can't figure you out.

What is keeping me is not knowing.

If money was not an issue for you - and you had nothing holding you down - what would you do with your life?

Ah hah! Now I see what your trying to get at. Well, I can't tell you how to live your life, after all it IS your life. Hell, you've done more than I'll ever do in one life (or ever want to).

Since you have invested so much time into material things, why not venture into your spiritual side or gaining a different perspective on life ie. philosophy? If you have children then devote your time to your children (but don't smother 'em to death).

... and yeah that's it I suppose.

Or, you can be Batman? lol just a suggestion.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I would do the same thing i try to setup everyday.
I am currently looking for my dream piece of land, there i will build the home i plan on dying in.
This home will be waaay in the woods, no powerlines no water lines no sewage no garbage.
The only difference is i am on a budget but, if cash was not a problem....
I would buy a helicopter and learn to fly as well.
I do enjoy the city as well as the country.
Nothing says living like sleeping under the stars, or smoking a fat cigar with friends at a scrubby dirrty bar!

Get some land brother and a helo, live it up!!
edit on 5-5-2011 by g146541 because: punctuation sucks as well as my spellar.

edit on 5-5-2011 by g146541 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I'm currently taking advantage of the $h!tty job market to play Mister Mom to my son while pursuing a dream I have to finish out a screenplay I began years ago.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I have no idea what to tell you. Not all of us have the ideal existence you do. I work full time and go to school full time, and maintain my home alone. I don't have a perfect fiancé and I'm not a self made millionaire. Im not an all American hero and I don't have a mansion.

Maybe you're coming to the realization that materialism doesn't satisfy your true needs. No one can tell you what things you need to learn or what you should do. That's entirely up to you. We are all here to learn our own lessons.

Definitely - the point I'm trying to make (which I think you've seen), is that even with the perfect exterior, it's nothing but.

I'm not fulfilled, I don't feel like I've achieved even a % of what we are able to, and I feel more restless each and every day.

I think sharing thoughts like this help the collective as well as the individual - yes, you can't tell me what I can or should do, but by exploring, and sharing thoughts, we can hopefully influcence each other to achieve greatness (whatever that may be).

We can't give you what you want. You've come up in a world that rewards trading one item for another. Not a single person in the world can act as your compass and tell you where to go next. Charities are nice, but it's still an empty gesture. Anyone can give money away. It sounds to me like you're starting to wake up, and it's confusing and scaring you. You're afraid that everything you've accomplished is for naught.

Stop trusting what you have externally and start working on what you have internally. Make yourself a better person. I don't mean working out excessively, or donating to charity. Learn true compassion. Find out what it really means to connect with your human brothers and sisters.

We should all be taking care of each other anyway, instead of perpetuating the rat race and expending each other like fuel for our fires. None of us will survive what is coming if we don't grow up and realize we're all in this together, and stop differentiating based on social and economic stratifications.

My suggestion... make yourself stop. Learn to be still and learn to quiet yourself. Listen for that voice that tells you where to go. Tell the universe, God, the divine matrix, Allah, your toothbrush, or whatever guides you, to point to in the right direction. When your answer comes, and it will, listen to it, and do it. It more than likely won't be what you want, but it WILL be what you need. You'll know instantly what you need to do. When we ask, we always get an answer. Most of the time, though, people don't listen because the answer they get isn't very palatable.

I wish you all the best. I'm excited for you, because you're at such an exciting point in your existence.

Go for it!

Your post resonated with something inside me.

You know that feeling you get when you stare up at the night sky, and see the billions of stars, and that ripple of excitement sparks through your body? I got that reading your post.

What you said drills down to the core of what I'm trying to figure out - charity seems OK, but it's still just doing something that's seen as being the right thing, or to tick something off the box. It's almost a mindless gesture (one that I do now, and gives me absolutely zero feeling of goodness).

I think you are right, I need to learn to meditate - my mind is constantly at 100%, I can't actually remember the last time I was just "present".

Thank you - this is one of those times that words really can't express the overpowering appreciation at what you wrote.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Have you looked at the Great 4 Questions of Life? Trick is you have answer these for yourself and the answers have to be honest. It sounded in your OP that you might have been letting the Matrix tell you who you are?

1. Who am I?
2. Where did I come from?
3. What is my purpose here?
4. Where am I going after this is over?

And then spend some time examining the Oracle's reaction to Neo in the original Matrix script here In the Oracle's apartment:
thematrixtruth.remoteviewinglight.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

it is a constant process of birth and rebirth within your mind mostly
the spirit always seems to go in the same direction though

i'll try to give a few random bits of info

but overall interaction with your environment can go to different levels
your senses can become more acute or even change
intuition can also reach higher levels to get you where ya need to be
the truth becomes clearer to you in your daily life
these can be with earth, people or animals, time, light, thoughts there are so many

kinda like a video game you can go up and down with the level of your mind or attributes
determination is key to keep it at a steady slow climb not to quick or to slow
like the saying use it or lose it
the body mind and spirit quickly show you that

hope ya can make a little sense of that

ya might have to be a little more specific there is SO much to learn for all of us

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11dead1

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

it is a constant process of birth and rebirth within your mind mostly
the spirit always seems to go in the same direction though

i'll try to give a few random bits of info

but overall interaction with your environment can go to different levels
your senses can become more acute or even change
intuition can also reach higher levels to get you where ya need to be
the truth becomes clearer to you in your daily life
these can be with earth, people or animals, time, light, thoughts there are so many

kinda like a video game you can go up and down with the level of your mind or attributes
determination is key to keep it at a steady slow climb not to quick or to slow
like the saying use it or lose it
the body mind and spirit quickly show you that

hope ya can make a little sense of that

ya might have to be a little more specific there is SO much to learn for all of us

But is knowledge power? And what is power? Is power something to be sought and coveted?

I don't think so. I think the pursuit of power is what is crippling the world, and putting shackles on the people.

Specifics? I'd like to know what you would suggest as the very first steps to seeking enlightenment.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
The world is your oyster, what was your ultimate dream when you were younger? To be a sports player? Well why not make it your goal to be wealthy enough to invest or have some major part in whatever team you support?

Thats just an example, but always think bigger, nothing wrong with ambition. Create a new business, do something major, go for hundereds of millions/billions. Go to a 3rd world country for 4 months with your wife, invest in an area and make it better. Do something crazy like buy you and your wife tickets for the 1st space tourist flight, go on the Zero G (vomit comet) plane. Practise a musical instrument and become the best you can at it, who knows where it will take you.

Theres so much you can actually do and yet here you are wasting time, you have eliminated probably THE biggest constraint now a days which is financial constraint. You dont have to fit things in around work or around a budget you can just do ANYTHING. So go fricken do it, hell go book a recording studio out for a day and record a song for your wife.

In a survey of millionaires in similar positions to yours, once they had gotten used to the money and things had became 'normal' again, the majority said they get the most satisfaction and fullfilment out of using their money to help others.

I think you 2 should go to the 3rd world country, theres plenty of charitys who would love to take you over and let you put money into an area. You would get a dam hard culture shock which would do you the world of good and at the end of it you will probably burst into tears when you realise what you have done means to those people of that area.

Firstly, wanted to comment on your user name - I have a beard myself, and it's great.

Buying things doesn't work - the satisfaction lasts for a short period of time, and then it becomes another hollow possession.

Charity, I do it already - and it's nice, but it feels too general, almost like a bandaid for my conscious.

There has to be more ...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Go for it!

You know that feeling you get when you stare up at the night sky, and see the billions of stars, and that ripple of excitement sparks through your body? I got that reading your post.

What you said drills down to the core of what I'm trying to figure out - charity seems OK, but it's still just doing something that's seen as being the right thing, or to tick something off the box. It's almost a mindless gesture (one that I do now, and gives me absolutely zero feeling of goodness).

I think you are right, I need to learn to meditate - my mind is constantly at 100%, I can't actually remember the last time I was just "present".

Thank you - this is one of those times that words really can't express the overpowering appreciation at what you wrote.

I hope I helped.
One word of advice... Don't ever base your success on what someone else has accomplished. Measure your success on how far you have come.

You already know that money and riches are empty. You're already so far ahead of the game just from that tiny shift in your world view.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

How do you find your "true identity"?

Go walkabout.

NOW.

No that's foolish. Take 48 hours to square things up and prep your BOB, kiss your gal and come back in 40 days. I guarantee you'll have enough ideas on what to do with your true identity to last you a while.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Go for it!

I hope I helped.
One word of advice... Don't ever base your success on what someone else has accomplished. Measure your success on how far you have come.

You already know that money and riches are empty. You're already so far ahead of the game just from that tiny shift in your world view.

You have definitely helped.

I would like to think we're all seekers, and I am of a view that we need to share what we have sought out - otherwise what is the use of knowledge?

I'm very, very thankful that you wrote what you did, thank you again!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

there was a saying in america knowledge is power
and power doesn't mean control over others
but words are so polluted now adays by attachments to them
remember when bush was good and i dont mean the 2 presidents

the pen is mightier than the sword
kinda like that

but for the battle inside your own mind
your thread is part of that as it appears

you need the knowledge to fight your own self
a lack of knowledge often sends you down the wrong path even though it may seem right or thats all ya can do

knowledge is needed to get to there, it brings courage, determination, truth and all kinds of friends with it

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Go for it!

I hope I helped.

You have definitely helped.

I would like to think we're all seekers, and I am of a view that we need to share what we have sought out - otherwise what is the use of knowledge?

I'm very, very thankful that you wrote what you did, thank you again!

I'm glad.
I wish you all the best in the world. Trust your gut, it'll never lead you wrong.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
You are in a position to stop playing the game. Popularity, business, relationships. All trinkets. At the end of the day all you have to do is live. Stop everything else and start living. Then you'll find out who you truly are and what you really want. You'll probably end up with some simple answers but that's the beauty of it. Once you stop with all of the time consuming stress filled games you start to see the simple things that make being alive great.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

This might help you my friend

reluctant-messenger.com...

You might have everything you ever wanted, but you can't take it with you

Inner peace is happyness bro

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join