It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a bad feeling that the war on conspiracy theorists has begun (or at least has been ramped up)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I have a question.

Why is it no one ever cares about a conspiracy from the government to do good in the world? Seems like everyone is hand wringing about conspiracies to do wrong but no one cares about conspiracies to do good.

A conspiracy is a conspiracy right?

Where are the threads entitled "Government conspires to clean up the air and water on the planet...they suck and are taking away our rights to have dirty water and dirty air?"

Do you guys see what I mean? Where are those conspiracies about the government trying to stop crime or wall street theft?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I submit the government conspires to do more good than they do harm. However, the extreme viewpoints seem to think the government can do no good whatsoever,

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Call me a truth seeker or alternative thinker. Not conspiracy THEORIST.

For we know that many of these topics are no longer theories.
edit on 6-5-2011 by GalacticPhotonBands because: typo

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Good, let them. Let them talk about these "conspiracy theories" on television. They never did it before.

Let them, and just watch what happens. It won't be what they want, I can promise you that.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Don't know if this story has been posted in this thread yet...I posted this in another thread...

They've finally come up with a cute name for anybody who doesn't believe the official story...

With "birthers" mostly silent, "deathers" are now pushing a new conspiracy theory.

The release of President Obama's birth certificate last week apparently tamped down -- to a large degree -- skeptics who questioned whether he could legally serve as president because they said he wasn't a natural-born citizen. Now, a surprisingly diverse crop of people are questioning whether Osama bin Laden is actually dead.

Oh, but I thought the release of the BC did nothing to satisfy those who made up their minds. Apparently, according to the MSM, that's not true. So, I guess we could expect the release of the photos to tamp down -- to a large degree -- skeptics who question that they killed OBL that night, contrary to what so many are saying.

One expert on conspiracy theories said that such wide, diverse claims have one common element: They often come from the political "fright wing."

"Your conspiracy theories tend to proliferate on the extreme edges of the political spectrum," said John Avlon, a CNN contributor and author of "Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America."

"Unfortunately, you're going to have people who -- especially in today's politics and especially with the amplification that the Internet provides -- will embrace conspiracy theories on almost anything."

And Avlon said such people often share a common trait.

"They come up with these ornate explanations, alternate explanations, for how events occur, like JFK's assassination, in order to keep their own psychology in place. 'Nineteen guys could not have brought down the twin towers. It had to be a government conspiracy,' they say to themselves. Otherwise, the world becomes really scary and unpredictable and unstable for them."

"While it's entirely predictable that certain Osama bin Laden conspiracy theories would proliferate in the Middle East, because of some people who have a creative interest in those rumors ... the fact that such (bin Laden) conspiracy theories are anywhere in the American political spectrum is a little surprising and a lot pathetic," Avlon added.
edition.cnn.com...

So, there it is. According to their "expert on conspiracy theories", anybody who doesn't just swallow what their fed, is frightened...and sees a boogey man around every corner. The world is very scary and unpredictable, for anybody who doesn't put blind faith in the government. Okay. Seems to me, the opposite would be true. But whatever, this is their tactic to try and shame us into not questioning the official story. PHOTOS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. I'll go back into my closet, and shiver with fright now.

One interesting note, if you read the viewer comments below...you'll see actual calls for the death of those who don't believe the official story, and comments that anybody who questions it doesn't deserve free speech. No joke. That's where we are now, folks.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The "war on conspiracy theorists", really???

The war has been waged on conspiracy theorists a long time ago, without any of their help. Ignorance breeds curiosity, and curiosity breeds conspiracy within an unproven theory. Since the dawn of man, and his/her ability to communicate the spoken word the human race has had conspiracies about things not understood(higher government, societies, social malfeasance, ect)

This is the information age, a time not too long ago people were not granted the rights to information pertaining to obscure subjects. Now, it is information overload, you cannot make a move without being informed on multiple levels, which was not the case 50-60 years ago. Paranoia also causes conspiracies by its sheer nature. Fear breeds more fear, and then ignorance blows it out to conspiracy status. It is actually classified as a manic-phobic condition in most psych circles.

Realists, either optimistic or pessimistic are grounded by factual reality and thus does not share the traits that are so evident in your classic conspiracy theorist model. The average conspiracy theorist is malinformed from not having stably grounded concepts for a foundation to base out logical thoughts on. If you then feed him/her information it is tainted whether or not it has truth in it.

edit on 6-5-2011 by maestromason because: *correction

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Question. If the government came on tonight claiming all the conspiracies we thought were true, were in fact true, how would your life be different tomorrow?

Think about it for a second. If they said 2012 is true then how is your life any different tomorrow? I guess you would start making plans to survive right? My second question is this then. Why aren't you already making plans to survive? If you're waiting for THEM to tell you its all true then you will be waiting a very long time. If you honestly thought 2012 or some other conspiracy was truth then waiting for THEM to confirm it would be futile.

My advice to you is to worry about yourself and make plans for yourself and your family. The government and THEY will never tell you what is going on.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
yeah, even yahoo had an article, 'are birthers in decline?'
What a joke.
You mean they don't even notice that the #1 best selling book in america is 'Where's the birth certificate?'
10s of millions of americans know that the latest obama birth certificate is a forgery.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LosLobos
Question. If the government came on tonight claiming all the conspiracies we thought were true, were in fact true, how would your life be different tomorrow?

I don't consider myself a "conspiracy theorist", and I don't buy into the 2012 nonsense, personally. The world will one day experience an ELE, but there's no telling when that will happen. Just cuz somebody's calendar comes to an end, doesn't mean it's the end of time. It's just time to get a new calendar. I don't live in fear in any way, and I have no "bug out bag" or anything along those lines. If I'm presented proof of something, I will accept it, and admit that my suspicions were incorrect. In regards to the OBL assassination, my gut feeling is that they are not being honest with us. If a photo comes out, I for one will accept it as long as it's not an obvious fake, meaning the image that was doctored is readily available online. There are no photos of OBL sprawled out on the ground, so IMO it would be hard to fake that. I don't believe the government is in contact with aliens, or that they carried out 9/11, etc.

All that said, it's no secret our government has lied to us before. I do believe the 2 party system is a scam, and that the very rich run the show behind the scenes. And, I do find it insulting when anybody who wants a little proof from known liars, is labeled a nutcase.
edit on 6-5-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Good to see the whack jobs out in force.Everything is a conspiracy didn't you know that. There are so many but jobs in the world these days, they are actually worth a mention on the mainstream press. That is all. I've seen plenty of idiotic threads on ATS over the years with absolutely nothing logical to back them up, so what's the first thing these loons say......"Whaaa, you;re just trying to cover it up"....yeah right, your idiocy is plainly obvious.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadtoad
What a joke.
You mean they don't even notice that the #1 best selling book in america is 'Where's the birth certificate?'
10s of millions of americans know that the latest obama birth certificate is a forgery.

Wow, the best selling book two weeks before it's even released??

You are experiencing confusion with the term 'best selling author'. The author has had a number 1 book in the past. The book you are referring to is not released until may 17.

His two best-sellers on the NYTimes best selling books were : The Obama Nation and Unfit for Command

brianekoenig.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by roadtoad
What a joke.

Wow, the best selling book two weeks before it's even released??

You are experiencing confusion with the term 'best selling author'. The author has had a number 1 book in the past. The book you are referring to is not released until may 17.

His two best-sellers on the NYTimes best selling books were : The Obama Nation and Unfit for Command

brianekoenig.com...

Do you read the news? Ever? His book was #1 on the Amazon list, that's what he meant.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I for one do have a bug out bag prepared, but it's not because I'm paranoid. I just don't want to be caught assed out when and earthquake hit or something like that. This whole war from the MSM is a good thing IMO. Somebody will come out and say hey there is a difference between tin foil wearing crazy guys and people who seek truth and facts. Bring everything to light it, will just bring more people out the woodwork and make us stronger. I just hope that America isn't dumb enough for all this, which it seems to be that way. But I have hope!!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

Do you read the news? Ever? His book was #1 on the Amazon list, that's what he meant.

The claim was "...the #1 best selling book in america is 'Where's the birth certificate?' "

Since the book isnt out yet, that just cant be true. How is a book a 'bestseller' when it hasnt been released for SALE??

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I would like concrete proof why I should believe a conspiracy theorist over the government.

Give me one thing that should make me believe some ATS poster over the United States Government.

No real answer means there is no real answer. I want PROOF I should believe the government somehow became a terrorist organization against its own people. And for what end?
edit on 6-5-2011 by LosLobos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FatBoi

Well, right. If you live in an area prone to sudden natural disasters, a little extra food and supplies stashed for emergency would be an intelligent thing to have. I'm sure the people in Japan that didn't have a little food and water put away were regretting it. And I agree with you, just because we want our government to be held accountable and transparent, doesn't make us paranoid or delusional. Quite the opposite.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Too bad "deathers" was already assigned in 2009 to those fearmongering about death panels (coughsarahpalincough). Guess they're recycling it

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Check this article out from CNN
Why do we embrace conspiracy theories?

The propensity of Americans to embrace conspiracy theories has long been attributed to their great suspicion of state authority. America was founded as a revolt against centralized power and there has always been a fear of coordinated action taking place in the dark behind closed doors. American conspiracy theories implicate Wall Street, the Federal Reserve, the U.S. government, the intelligence community and many others. But conspiracy theories are certainly not confined to the United States.

Conspiracy theories are indeed an odd phenomenon since they are widely present in the world’s leading democracies and the world’s leading dictatorships. They can’t be entirely related to political institutions.

There must be something deep in the human psyche that makes us believe there are patterns to events – order, purpose and meaning.

This is currently the third from top article when you go to CNN home page.
Why is it so important bash us free thinkers?
They're pretty much saying like they always have that if we have a different idea than MSM or our Govt that we are are crazy and pathetic..... ticks me off!

I think its a good sign, I just think it means a lot of people must people calling it fishy and MSM needs to do something to counter act and ridicule us. Our numbers might be bigger than we think.

Doesn't matter if you believe in any conspiracy or not, even if you believe that it was OBL that was killed, you still gotta admit that dumping his body in the middle of the ocean immediately is completely BUNK! and suspicious! I don't care what you say!

Anyways why is this third third from top on CNN home page, but cant see any article that mentions the mississippi river flooding. THAT deserves 24/7 mainstream coverage! People in our own country are being evacuated and left homeless right now.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LosLobos

Well, here's one...

Declassified docs prove what was widely accepted,that is that the 1964 Gulf of Tonkin attack on a U.S. Navy warship was faked in order to escalate the war in Vietnam.
smirkingchimp.com...

Why are you trying to make things so black and white? That you either believe "conspiracy theorists" or you believe the government. The government has lied many times in the past. They are not deserving of blind trust, anymore than "conspiracy theorists" are. Try thinking, critically, for yourself. Don't look to anybody but yourself to decide what's true.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I for one don't care what they say. I just tell people that i've seen normal and i'm not impressed. Maybe they are pissed off still about all those wasted, useless (if not dangerous) vaccines they couldn't convince us to take. Anyways, I will continue to say what I want and when I want. They can increase with their insults all they want. I actually believe people are waking up more to notice what they are doing. So it just hurts their credibility. Do people even watch the news anymore? Funny......

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join