It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a bad feeling that the war on conspiracy theorists has begun (or at least has been ramped up)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
One time, at band camp

I told my boss that there was fluoride in the water and that fluoride was used first by the nazi's and the soviets to "medicate/pacify" their populations.

Initially he did not believe that there was Fluoride in the water.....after this "crushing blowing" we would debate wether it had any effect on the population and lastly, we debated wether a government would knowingly do such a thing....... and that was the end of it pretty much..... as we had alot more "juicy" things to talk about once Bush was in office. Post 9/11 his opinions became alittle more vocal like how he would turn the entire Middle East into a solid piece of GLASS if he had his way and on and on...

Is this the kind of debate tactic that is preferred?

JUNGLE OF LIES meet PENKNIFE OF TRUTH ........ that is what its like.....

Dig it? now hack!!!

Hack??? hmmmm maybe thats the point here...

LISTEN UP YOU TOOLS, FOOLS, SCHILLS, TROLLS AND SUCKERS ONE AND ALL!!!

I aint buying it, this nor that, what he, she, it, the GD funny hatted pope nor his evil twin say, nor what the aliens say....nada.... none....nien....nil... and will continue to think as I wish minus a complete Ancestor Simulator Harddrive MalFNfunction..... ya dig?

I will not eat green eggs and ham!!!

I have "planted seeds" - "built it" - "waited patiently" and otherwise did as the "wise masters" instructed.

Apathy!!!

and thus here is my corresponding video...good night and good luck

"Just victims of the IN HOUSE drive by - They say JUMP and you say HOW HIGH"

But wait there is more to what will be termed a nonsensical rant of unepic proportion.....

Why post a response such as this one might ponder...
Well, my friend, all I got from these pages was "act like this" and "act like this" and "debate like this" yet I have been here a good many years watching intently as the noose gets tighter and tighter.... as the pot of frogs gets hotter and hotter...

If you want to feel like "we" are even truly "we" and that "we" are "winning" then go for it and while you are at it pass me the morphine, please...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

no

CE's are actually extremely predictable, no need to watch anything. I can hear any news story, and immediatley predict what the CE's community's reaction will be

100% of the time

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Mate it's not a war on conspiracy theorists, it's a challenge to allowing lunacy to be seen as ordinary.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If "they" shut down sites like this tomorrow there wouldn't be a peep anywhere about it and no one would care anyway...

so..why haven't they shut the sites etc . down?

..keep chasing your tail...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well, it's just damn time we start labeling the labelers. From now on, for me, they are the "official story theorists." Two can play this game and frack them anyway. " Who's afraid of the big bad wolf..." Stand up and be counted. Light ALWAYS trumps darkness. And TRUTH, is the light.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by grahag

I am mature enough to consider crazy a compliment.

Awww you guys are waiting for the once upon a time in far far away land when all this stuff is simply generally accepted so we can storm the Bastille of Evil and Injustice simultaneously hmmm yes.....that is Soooo Sweet

Nurse, please sedate the patient so we can open up their head and see what could be the problem...

Doctor, it appears that the Bravery and Courage cortex has been removed, with precision, perhaps by aliens!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by iggy50
Well, it's just damn time we start labeling the labelers. From now on, for me, they are the "official story theorists." Two can play this game and frack them anyway. " Who's afraid of the big bad wolf..." Stand up and be counted. Light ALWAYS trumps darkness. And TRUTH, is the light.

Could just be a case of Chicken Little saying that the sky was falling. Or the boy who cried wolf... But this is a CT site and I have had some AWESOME discussions. I tend to get along with people I disagree with just because if they're rational, I consider them a friend. If not a friend, then at least a worthy adversary.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by iggy50

yer an anti federalist!!! I am a federalist! No!! yer an anti federalist and we are the federalists!!!!

I.E. this name game has indeed occurred previously.... need quotes, links, data that stuff you call "proof"?

I got yer back, bro?

I laugh everytime I say the word PROOF, anyone else?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Kurt Vonnegut earned you a star!

What is a CE?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Just something to all the other conspiracy theorists on ATS....

Don't mind being called a card carrying member of the tin foil hate society. Lets all get together when we are in the FEMA camps.
edit on 6-5-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

conspiracy enthusiast !

and SOT is a book I try to read once a year

total mind blower

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

Oh yeah, well listen up matey mate mateman! if you dont know...... why dont you GO!!!

I bet you do not even know the name of the British monarchy?!!?!?

I bet you also know nothing about the bombing of Dresden!?!?!?

Bring it 'cause my jesus christ has canine teeth!!!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
And just remember folks, just who was in power when 1984 truly came to pass. "D"

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by paearmor

I am going to fire back at you ONE LINER FOOLS and TROLLS until someone enforces the (many curse words) rules around here

Are these people from our own ATS group of elite agent provocateurs er something as that would make sense otherwise their existence in this realm does not compute unless!!!

they have unleashed the Sims!!! run!!!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by grahag

The boy actually saw a wolf, many times in fact as the wolf is wise and knows to show himself only to the boy until the townspeople no longer pay attention to the cries of the boy, even when the wolf is ripping his head off...
edit on 6-5-2011 by OverMan because: I am crazy like that...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

But of course!

Hmmm now I am wondering why this book and myself have not been introduced sooner yet nothing ever really surprises me as I find the best nuggets are always the hardest to find...

Thank you very much.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Oh wow ... Was not expecting this tread to really take off. lol

I see there are many here who agree with my OP. Thanks to everyone who has contributed with links and thoughtful posts thus far.

This is turning out to be on helluva year!

Peace & Respect,

AS

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
An interesting discussion regarding a more 'mainstream' look at 'conspiracies. Informative. There is little doubt, after listening to him speak, that he is very familiar with ATS

Jonathan Kay: "Conspiracy sites" get nod on CBC's "The Current"

Jonathan Kay has been giving a lot of thought to the conspiracy theories that have emerged since the attacks of September 11th. He's the Comments Page Editor at The National Post and the author of Among the Truthers: A Journey into the Growing Conspiracist Underground of 9/11 Truthers, Birthers, Armageddonites, Vaccine Hysterics, Hollywood Know-Nothings and Internet Addicts (released next week) . Jonathan Kay was in our Toronto studio. Ali K. Chishti is a Pakistani investigative journalist. He writes for both The Daily Times and The Friday Times. We reached him in Karachi.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Among the Truthers A Journey into the Growing Conspiracist Underground of 9/11 Truthers, Birthers, Armageddonites, Vaccine Hysterics, Hollywood Know-Nothings and Internet Addicts By Jonathan Kay

Book Description Millions of people around the world have convinced themselves that the actual perpetrators of 9/11 were not al-Qaeda terrorists but elements within the U.S. government seeking a pretext to launch wars abroad and enact draconian laws at home. These “9/11 Truthers” are not alone. They are part of a vast conspiracist subculture that is spreading like wildfire and beginning to influence mainstream politics.

For two years, Canadian journalist Jonathan Kay has been researching the underground world of conspiracy theorists by immersing himself in their ranks. He has attended their conventions, infiltrated their Internet discussion boards, become a connoisseur of their propaganda videos, and engaged them in in-depth, revealing interviews. While many individual conspiracy theories seem harmless, even amusing, the phenomenon is doing real damage to the unity and health of North American society.

Since the JFK assassination, conspiracy thinking has proliferated, and the Internet has fostered the growth of numerous alternate conceptual worlds in which traditional media and academia have no authority. 9/11 was a death blow to the older consensual view of reality, and as a result, North Americans no longer inhabit one cognitive universe. What this means for the future of politics, and for our society at large, is at the heart of Among the Truthers.

www.harpercollins.ca...
edit on 6-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join