It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a bad feeling that the war on conspiracy theorists has begun (or at least has been ramped up)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
YOUR QUOTE :

"A conspiracy theorist is a nut who thinks EVERYTHING is a lie.
News flash - everything isn't, though many things are.
A rational person will investigate and eventually be able to tell the difference. They will not hop on the first bandwagon their friends are on.
I am a thinker, awake and aware of the potential for lies and threats but also able to distinguish and handle the truth when I see it.

And you are a "conspiracy theorist." Pleased to meet you.
You don't mind if I keep my weapon on me do you?
Not that I don't trust you.
"

First of all, a rational person does not investigate, The "normal" masses do not investigate, or even care to hear about alternative theories. For instance, lots of chemtrails in the sky today. You could actually see the "clouds" forming from the airplanes flying overhead and streaks covering the entire sky. My husband still trys to blow it off as just water vapors coming from the planes even though I've told him "THEY HAVE ADMITTED THAT THEY USE CHEMICALS". So no, rational people don't want to know. But i'm guessing rain in our forecast for tomorrow.

Now as far as you having a weapon with you if you ever meet me. Please do, then I can use my mind control technique and convince you to use it on yourself.

edit on 8-5-2011 by katndew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by katndew

Sure but I would have helped you help spread awareness and information about the chem trails so you might begin by more accurately identifying your friends and your enemies. This is a good first step that will help you a great deal.

A rational person does investigate. This is what makes them rational. What you mean to say is that most people are sleeping. This is true. I agree with you.

I think I used the emoticon because humor is lost on some people. The "I have a gun" was a little joke to show I am kind of a conspiracy theorist myself. I don't trust anyone either, and especially maybe not someone who sounded a little bit fringy.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by katndew

And I will your mind control tricks still work if I am wearing a tin foil hat?
:
Just playing with you. I realize re-reading the above I sound stuffy when I mean to be funny/ friendly. People don't always get that impression though. I don't know why. Maybe it's my avatar.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Yes, I agree with you on this post. Peace then.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

As more people are waking up that the general news media is nothing more than a glorified corporate mouth piece and our governments really do not have the common man's best interest at heart, TPTB, The real puppet masters are becoming frightened.

There's more of us than there are of them and once enough of us wake the frak up, stop fighting each other, unite and rebel...................this tyranny will eventually come to an end.

They, ie: The small hand full of elite thus far running the show don't want us pions to put our heads together and piece together what our true reality is.

We are waking up and conspiracy sites are one of the tools of the awakening of the general public.

It's only a matter of time.

United we stand, divided we fall.

occurro tyrannis

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
So you are upset that Obama got 'us' into another mid east conflict but also think he should be getting us in more of them?

Which is it?

Well, seeing as how they are trying to cut spending, and threatening to shut down the government...we shouldn't be getting into any other conflicts unless we're directly attacked by a standing foreign army, and now that they "got" OBL supposedly, we should be pulling out of the ones we're in now. Since now it's even more obvious that you don't combat criminal terrorist gangs with standing armies, instead you use spec forces and intelligence to hunt them down.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Don't feed the troll-bot!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Troublesome
It's laughable how we're labelled nutjobs/insane/crazy, yet the majority of the posters on this site are amoungst the most intelligent and intellectual individuals in our society. We're just intelligent enough to see through the BS.

You're mistaking intelligence for sanity. The two are mutually exclusive. I've known a few people who were absolutely brilliant, but are probably certifiably crazy.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
Was just thinking that maybe it's time for "Conspiracy Theory" and "Conspiracy Theorist" to be rebranded into something more appealing and acceptable for the sheeple and masses, if it's to become mainstream and more widely accepted.
You have to admit the terms come with a LOT of negative baggage from the past, that try as we might, we can't shake.
I'm beginning to feel a lot more comfortable with the Truth Movement and being a Truth Seeker.
I also think these days that the terms more accurately reflect what the main aim is and what it is that we are looking for.

There's a reason it comes with negative baggage and I don't really see a reason that would change. You can call it what you want, but people who don't share your views will always call you a conspiracy theorist. The will really only change when you provide more proof than evidence.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Troublesome
It's laughable how we're labelled nutjobs/insane/crazy, yet the majority of the posters on this site are amoungst the most intelligent and intellectual individuals in our society. We're just intelligent enough to see through the BS.

seperating the wheat from the shaft on ATS is becoming more difficult. that is what us as members, need to keep a firm grasp of, to NOT believe everything is a conspirecy.
edit on 7-5-2011 by jimmyx because: sentence structure

It's separate the wheat from the chaff. Basically, to sort the grain from the non-grain parts... Just wanted to correct you because it looks silly.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by TWILITE22

I think the Supreme court just ruled. If you ask me freedom of speech should have a few constraints just like don't yell fire in a theater. Lots of people are trying to do that here. Not everywhere of course some of this information is vital and true but the rest is pure unadulterated disinfo.

That's not part of free speech. You can still yell fire in a theater, but you'll go to jail if it's a hoax because it's a danger to the public.

Free speech needs to be free BECAUSE of that unpopular opinion that someone has. When those people like Westboro Baptist or the KKK get quieted by the government, you should worry. They are the canaries in the mine of free speech.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by grahag

I'm thinking Larry Flynt was the canary in the coal mine to test how free free speech really is.
Everyone coming after him seems to be that same canary just crapping all over the place.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Free speech is vastly overrated and there is nothing to indicate that it is advantageous to a society. When you can get 90% of the population to believe half-truths by psychologically conditioning them HOW to think from day one, why not let them have all the free speech in the world? I mean, look at the amount of unsubstantiated bullfrog which continuously circulates through this site which serves as cover for the legit info. So who really benefits in this case?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

See? Some proof of deterring people from visiting a site that promotes conspiracy
! I hope you can provide your own analysis of the proof. This is relevant because of the fact that Google is preventing legitimate debate.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by grahag

Originally posted by Flighty
Was just thinking that maybe it's time for "Conspiracy Theory" and "Conspiracy Theorist" to be rebranded into something more appealing and acceptable for the sheeple and masses, if it's to become mainstream and more widely accepted.
You have to admit the terms come with a LOT of negative baggage from the past, that try as we might, we can't shake.
I'm beginning to feel a lot more comfortable with the Truth Movement and being a Truth Seeker.
I also think these days that the terms more accurately reflect what the main aim is and what it is that we are looking for.

There's a reason it comes with negative baggage and I don't really see a reason that would change. You can call it what you want, but people who don't share your views will always call you a conspiracy theorist. The will really only change when you provide more proof than evidence.

Attempting to change another person's opinion is just going to make them more set in their ways.

Why can't you just let people have their own opinion. Wrong or right it doesn't matter its their opinion and they have a right to believe in what they want. Right?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Free speech is vastly overrated and there is nothing to indicate that it is advantageous to a society. When you can get 90% of the population to believe half-truths by psychologically conditioning them HOW to think from day one, why not let them have all the free speech in the world? I mean, look at the amount of unsubstantiated bullfrog which continuously circulates through this site which serves as cover for the legit info. So who really benefits in this case?

Praise Mao!

Why does free speech scare you?

Why does one having their own opinion and freedom of expression scare you?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Did someone already post this? The scary thing is that on the forum I found this link on, the person who posted it had one comment. "Should conspiracy theorists be waterboarded too?

Osama bin Laden conspiracy theories flourish online
edit on 5/9/2011 by ~Lucidity because: dang it

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Originally posted by grahag

Attempting to change another person's opinion is just going to make them more set in their ways.

Why can't you just let people have their own opinion. Wrong or right it doesn't matter its their opinion and they have a right to believe in what they want. Right?

I wasn't saying they can't have their opinion. I was saying that if people want to be taken seriously about these things, they need proof and not just evidence. If anything, I'm trying to get people to express MORE of their opinion, but with something to back it up. Live and let live, I say.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It's been a really bizzare two weeks. The OBL story has served to 'awaken' many. And as more and more people awake, it is clearly evident that the Mainstream Media, a certain radio station in particular; i wont mention which (Talksport Mike Graham) ...oops. Have served to 'discredit / mock / fail to entertain' anything of conspirational value. A lot of people have been ringing the late night talk show, only to be shot down and labelled as a 'Tin-foil hat wearer'.

It's sad to think that people who could bring change, fail to do so. Why?

1st post

edit on 10-5-2011 by Zabadeano because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Unfortunately it has been. Diane Rehm had an author on her show last week and for an hour it was full of judgments against conspiracy theorists. You know "people that are otherwise sane and reasonable in other parts of their life." There was so much demonizing going on in the show I thought I might start growing horns. Here is a link to the show archive where you can listen to it for yourself.

Diane Rehm-Jonathan Kay "Among the Truthers"

Transcript

Some of the better quotes:

Sure. I have a chapter in my book, chapter five, in which it's called "A Field Guide to Conspiracy Theorists" in which I go through the psychological motivations of conspiracy theorists, and I break them down into eight different types. The most prominent type is what I call the failed historian. These are people who are simply unable to deal with the way that history has turned out, and they create fantasies to recreate history.

Right wing conspiracy theorists will typically say that 9/11 was part of an operation to create a one-world government, New World Order, United Nations, that sort of thing. Left wing conspiracy theorists, on the other hand, will tell me, oh, this is a big plot by Halliburton and Dick Cheney and the weapons manufacturers. But the central theme of their conspiracy theory tends to be the same, that there is one entity, whether it's the Bilderbergers or the New World Order, whatever it is, whatever name you have, one entity that is trying to control the entire planet. And 9/11 was a false flag operation aimed at furthering that global plot.

REHM 11:37:18 You talk about the sort of conspiracy theorists who are going through a midlife crisis. KAY 11:37:27 Yeah, 'cause I have this typology where I show the eight different psychological profiles of some of the people I met. And sometimes it's 50-year-old men who are just looking for something new in life.

edit on 19-5-2011 by coyotepoet because: Add links and quotes

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join