It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subscribe box checked on every post. Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I noticed that every time I reply to a thread, the " Subscribe to thread" box is checked. Is there a way to turn that
feature off because I don't want to subscribe to every thread I post in. Can I make the subscribe box unchecked my default preference? If so, can someone tell me how, please?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

When I click on the box, the check mark disappears. I guess you'll just have to remember to do that whenever you don't want to follow a thread.

You can always remove an unwanted thread from your subscribed list if it gets there accidentally.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Correct. Subscribing to threads where you've posted a reply is a default setting. You can't change the default, but you can (1) Uncheck the Subscribe To box as needed when making a reply, or (2) delete threads from your Subscribed list whenever you'd like. To see a complete list of all your subscribed threads, click on Tools then Subscriptions. You can then check as many of your subscribed threads as you'd care to unsubscribe to, all at once.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

its always been like that - question is why do you feel the need to post and run ?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Ok, thanks. I was hoping I could change the default.

ignorant_ape
Post and run? It's been one day. I wasn't aware there was a time limit for replying. I don't sit on the computer all day long. I do have a life outside ATS, believe it or not.

edit on 6-5-2011 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join