It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unconditional Love and God

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
He might of, but no I do not believe God wrote the biblebut the people that did write the bible were supose to be in contact with god writing as he spoke to them or however it worked out.
edit on 8-5-2011 by Doublemint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

he means no not personaly but the people wrote it believed god was speaking through them.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solsthime331

he means no not personaly but the people wrote it believed god was speaking through them.

Ya i know what he means, i don't see why he doesn't just say it...

He might have... but i don't believe it?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

can you prove that god did not write the bible?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint

Originally posted by Akragon

can you prove that god did not write the bible?

no...

I have no doubt God had some part in it.

Who can prove anything for absolute fact?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
and that would be why I wrote what i did

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

So is God a liar or is religion Garbage?

it was your statement... I just asked you a question

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I have to assume all posibilities because I can't prove any of them, being 1. god is liar, 2. the religion is garbage, 3. the religion is 100% truth, 4. the religion is a combanation of lies and truth all ranging from 1%-99%, 5. any combanations of the previous 4 points, and 6. I'm sure there are more.

But between the 2 you asked me the religion is garbage and falsely represtens god.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

this stament was directed towards why I wrote He might of, but i do not believe god wrote the bible, not about weather god was a liar or the religion is garbage. just to clear that up

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

this stament was directed towards why I wrote He might of, but i do not believe god wrote the bible, not about weather god was a liar or the religion is garbage. just to clear that up

So if God "inspired" some of it, would you still believe he also condones murder etc etc etc...?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

the god of bible condones murder.

now I do not believe in this god the god I believe is not happy with murder.

But a question for you, when you eat was your food murder?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

the god of bible condones murder.

now I do not believe in this god the god I believe is not happy with murder.

But a question for you, when you eat was your food murder?

bleh.....no comment...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
lol really I awnser your questions and you will not awnser mine alright.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

No this post is not a god bashing post and just as I said in the first post and every other post I have posted that there is never an intention of offense but that these are questions to generate thought and to question the traditional belief systems that plague mankind.The fact is you stated your opinion and I countered with my observation. Quite honestly you havent answered the original question adequetly and have only perpetuated the idea of a loveless god. The only thing I attack is the ridiculous box people place god in. god sure does seem to have alot of representatives that know exactly what he thinks even though they all cant get the story straight themselves.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

edit on 9-5-2011 by UnknownPhilosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Do YOU believe the bible was written by God?

If not, other than subjective experience - Is there any way you can argue for the existence of a deity? (or God)

Or do you admit your belief relies on the ASSUMPTION that God exists?

Just interested to know, as you were claim you're not religious but you define God (and Jesus) as if you're a theist.? You state "god is this" "god is that"

How could you? Subjective experience - right? I've have to be in your body and mind to understand?

edit on 9/5/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by Akragon

Do YOU believe the bible was written by God?

If not, other than subjective experience - Is there any way you can argue for the existence of a deity? (or God)

Just interested to know, as you were claim you're not religious but you define God (and Jesus) as if you're a theist.? You state "god is this" "god is that"

How could you? Subjective experience - right? I've have to be in your body and mind to understand?

No, i don't believe the bible was written or inspired by God... It was written as a means of control over the populous. Though the words of jesus i believe were inspired by God. As i've stated before....his words were revolutionary in that time. He showed love to everyone and judged no one. That is very God like...or Christ like.

Heres the definition of deity for you...
A deity[1] is a recognised preternatural or supernatural immortal being, who may be thought of as holy, divine, or sacred, held in high regard, and respected by believers, often religiously referred to as a god.

IF this is your definition of deity, then no...God isn't a deity. And i've already explained to you what God is....we don't need to go over that again do we?

Nope, i already explained this to you...

You don't need to be religious to read scripture my friend.

I've also told you how to find the spirit within...

What you do with that knowledge is up to you. You don't need to be in my body to understand. We are brothers made up of the same material inside and out. You have the exact same spirit as i don't, you just don't recognize it. Very few people do actually, this world is one big distraction. Do me a favor....try to completely empty your mind for 1 minute....haha, i'll make it even easier for you....try for 30 seconds.

It takes some practice believe me, but you can do it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That is very God like...or Christ like.

if Christ did say the words and practiced what he preached, then it is very Christ-like, but by the very definition of itself.

It's important to note that Christ was written about by the same ("controlling") men who wrote the bible (or parts of it) Of whom, you claim are trying to control the populus - And i'd agree, BUT perhaps the bible was a good thing for society AT THE TIME, perhaps not. It certainly isn't now.

It's also important to note we can't prove God, or Christ. We can't prove his immaculate conception, and if it WERE proved true, it still doesn't prove that there's a God, only that Christ existed, and he said some things, that were QUITE useful at the time.

I can't prove Socrates existed, but he doesn't claim anything unprovable, he doesn't threaten me with hellfire, he doesn't tell me what is "moral" and what is not.

That's my thoughts on Christ, obviously i've remained as unbias as possible, obviously you have FAITH in Christ, and don't have any argument for the validity of his "divine" nature, or why that proves God exists.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

i know nothing of the immaculate conception, nor do i argue about the divinity of christ. I believe he was a man just like any other. They say he healed people, and walked on water. Sounds fishy to me, but i wasn't there.

Personally i believe certian things were altered to make him seem more Godly then he was. Our God walked on water....so ours is better then yours. *shrug*

The fact remains though, the words that are written about him....or at least the words he supposedly spoke were all truth and love. Which pushes me towards the "he was sent from God" side.

For all i know he Might have been God in the flesh... It doesn't say that in the bible, that is a fact.

Either way, the words you find in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and even Thomas... are amazing. Base your life on those lessons and you can't go wrong.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Which pushes me towards the "he was sent from God" side.

Fair enough, i guess we'll have to agree to disagree with that "logic".

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join