It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwan Man Commits Suicide over Apocalypse Warning...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

WILL THIS BECOME MORE COMMON WITH ALL THE PREDICTIONS WE CURRENTLY HAVE AND THE DATES FAST APPROACHING?

Taipei - A Taiwan man allegedly committed suicide because he worried the world was coming to an end after a self-proclaimed prophet warned of the pending apocalypse, a newspaper said on Friday. The man in his 70s, identified only by his last name Cheng, lept from a window of his fifth-storey home in Peitou, on the outskirts of Taipei, Thursday, the Liberty Times said. He was rushed to hospital but was pronounced dead.

His wife Chen Chu told police that he has been depressed since hearing the apocalypse warning made by a man, known only as Teacher Wang, that a killer earthquake and tsunami would hit Taiwan on Wednesday.

His worries deepened after magnitude 5.7 and 6.2 quakes hit Taiwan last week, she said.

Last week, Teacher Wang warned on his blog that Taiwan would be hit by a magnitude-14 earthquake which would trigger a 170-metre tsunami. An earthquake has never been recorded with a magnitude above 9.5, according to the US Geological Survey.

The Central Weather bureau has warned that Wang could be fined up to 1 million Taiwan dollars (33,000 US dollars) for making unauthorized earthquake warning.

Wang is building 200 shelters with cargo containers in central Taiwan and is urging Taiwanese to buy 'container homes' so that they can seek shelter.

If convicted, Wang, in his 50s, could face a maximum five-year jail for fraud.
...www... .monstersandcritics.com/news/asiapacific/news/article_1637379.php/Taiwan-man-commits-suicide-over-apocalypse-warning
I have a feeling that with the more predictions we recieve that this will become common place...Especially the more people here of them...People,since Japan,are probably terrified that they could be next...People are instilling fear into people by them trying to get famous hoping that something they say might actually happen...I am one who believes that unless theres proof that something is close to happening,keep it to yourself...Its gonna end up like the mass suicides we saw in the movie 2012 the closer we get to future dates
edit on 5-5-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
meh...one less dumb ass in the world.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Everybody Wang Cheng Tonight!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to be the one to say it...

He had it coming

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This is sad news. There are two types of people in this world, and both are revealed during times of fight or flight. Facing the apocalypse is one such circumstance (whether the revelation about the end is founded or not). Many will choose to survive, many others can't fathom the hardship. I definitely believe we will hear many more stories like this in the next year or so.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Similarly, I was discussing such a topic with my sister yesterday. I believe it was Y2K (people committing suicide). She told me this will most likely happen with the coming of 2012.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Hmm, in these times, it's best to remember that when the cheng hits the ground, things are only getting started!!

A safe for work alternative to SHTF!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Ha Ha

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
reply to post by gdaub23

Hmm, in these times, it's best to remember that when the cheng hits the ground, things are only getting started!!

A safe for work alternative to SHTF!

cheng hits the ground

I like that! I never cared for "SHTF"... seems a lil nasty to me... i'm a foul mouth, don't get me wrong...

I say all kinds of "colorful" words...

But i like "The Cheng has Hit the Ground!" Badw0lf I think you might have coined a new term!

I give my condolences to Cheng's family...
I would be heart broken if one of my family member's did this...
If you let fear consume you... you might do some crazy things...

Not only do I expect suicides to increase...
But we will probably hear more and more

"Man/Woman kills family and himself/herself to save them from 2012"

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!
It is not worth killing yourself over!!

If it is going to be as bad as the fear mongers scream...
You will die within seconds!!!
I've heard some frightening claims!
(none I believe in)

If its not you can laugh and go on about your life
grow old and become fat and be taxed for doing so

edit on 5/5/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Meh.

People kill themselves when their stocks crash, when they lose their jobs, when they lose their girlfriends, when they fail courses in school, for all kinds of reasons.

Its really hard to blame someones suicide on someone else, unless that person has had them in a torture room for days psychologically abusing them or something.

And Im not being callous about suicide in general, either. My brother killed himself, and I loved him more than anyone else in the world, and I was devastated. But suicide is about the person who killed themselves, its not about some external trigger.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This is just sad to me. Even if I knew the end was coming...I'd want to spend as many of my last minutes, hours, and days with my family. I feel so sad for his wife especially....they were older and had probably been together for a very long time and now she's alone to face whatever comes

Michelle

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Or he was pushed. I don't believe news, its all propaganda. Problem, reaction, solution. Its possible he was distraught and depressed but suicide is not an answer. There are other possibilities too.

top topics

join