It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

73,846 US Iraq War Soldiers Dead How they manipulated the numbers to fool you.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by arcnaver

Sorry to say this but he has the right to express what he feel is going on with this nation regardless, I happen to believe that wars the reasons they are fought today are a disgrace.

The government is using young people to fight for nothing but profiteers taking into consideration that those same profiteers are the ones that are making possible for our young to be unemployed and with not choice but military service or be lost in the system.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver
reply to post by romanmel

That statement is cowardice.

You don't want to be in the military? Fine that's your choice. You don't have to serve in it to be patriotic, but do not disparage those who take your place and sacrifice their rights to give you the freedom to be a plushy armchair commando.

The OP statement flat out misleading if not a complete lie.

Actually I would have to say you are the one lying. But I know you are just ignorant and unaware of the actual facts of the matter so I will kindly present to you a few basic questions that hopefully will open your mind to the fact you have been played like a pawn in the game of illuminati chess.

#1) What rights did Saddam Hussein threaten? Which freedoms did Saddam prevent Americans from enjoying?

#2) If Saddam was not infringing directly on the rights of American citizens in any way at all, than how can you justify bombing their nation to bits and killing hundreds of thousands of civilians through collateral damage??

#3) Nations are mere creations of our imagination, they are make believe and do not exist in reality. (Go to the US-Canada border, there is no line there, the map is lying.) --- So since nations are figments of our imagination and human beings are real flesh, how can you in clear conscious claim "patriotism" when you justifying the murder of countless innocent women and children?

#4) Thanks to your so called "patriotism" we have wasted over a trillion chinese loaned dollars $$$ in this war. THANK YOU FOR BANKRUPTING AMERICA! Go Patriotism!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I agree, I also know how the government works with the manipulation of data, if the soldier doesn't die in the field he is not a casualty of war, if he die in a hospital he is classified as dying of war related injuries.

We have to remember that in our nation numbers are nothing but minor problem easily dealt with.

Is a reason why Bush didn't wanted the media to keep track of the death coming from Iraq the same way that collateral deaths were not counted.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Is a reason why Bush didn't wanted the media to keep track of the death coming from Iraq the same way that collateral deaths were not counted.

If they won't even mention 100,000+ dead civilians, ie "collateral damage," then why do people think they would honestly report US casualties?

I guess the mentality is, those innocent civilians don't count for anything since (1) they're Arabs, (2) they weren't fighting, and (3) they're not American.

The truth is that our leaders don't give any more of a rat's ass for our own soldiers than the innocents they have killed. A heartless murderer is a heartless murderer. Being racist on top of it doesn't excuse or explain it.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The OP's numbers are not correct.

Want an official document? Well here ya go.

Dig a little.

www.fas.org...

Becker

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
The OP's numbers are not correct.

Want an official document? Well here ya go.

Did you even read the OP?

They are using technicalities in definitions to avoid having to report the full numbers.

For example, you step on an IED, you get taken to a hospital in a neighboring country where you immediately die, you are not counted as a casualty of war. Etc.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by romka71

Oh crap..and my husband just reenlisted...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by XmikaX

You do press one heck of an issue, and one cannot argue with it.
My only problem is the military prefers the young and dumb, I am not making a statement here as i consider myself as used to be young and dumb, but young minds are impressionable and young boys see the romance of carrying a big gun and being in charge, yelling like a big man.
Some will actually get to realize what is going on and mature.
I think the best idea would have been to not go to war at all and just seek out the heads and predator drone them to death.
Problem solved, as we would have no military death and if done right the only civillians would have been the ones in direct contact with said criminals.

I agree with you, and to add!.......i dont think we should have a military at all. there should be no special training given to anyone that would make them killers. I believe every one in America should be able to protect themselves from any threat domestic and foriegn. Let the people protect themselves! Against invasion also should it present it self. Im sure just about every one in America has a weapon of some sort. I think it will work. No need to take a fight to any enemy, we should wait, and be prepared should it come to us. Im with you bro! Lets wait for it to come to our front doors! Im ready! We are all ready! We dont need these young dumb fools protecting us anyway!.
edit on 6-5-2011 by PLASIFISK because: (no reason given)

So...there should be no special training given to anyone that would make them killers, yet...everyone in America should be able to repel foreign attacks? How would this be accomplished without killing people? And with no training? So a housewife who's never picked up a gun before (because remember she has no special training which would teach her to kill) and suddenly becomes Rambo against a foreign enemy? Very rarely do you see someone contradict themselves within ONE sentence.

Bravo.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
I think you need to review the PDF file and revise your post title, OP.

According to the pdf file this was from May 2007, and cover all service member deaths from 1990 to 2007 - a 17-year period.

The deaths directly related to those wars is here;
Operation Iraqi Freedom: 4770
Operation Enduring Freedom/Afghanistan: 2444

The way you worded your OP, you are making the claim that all service member deaths from 1990 forward have been due to those wars which is not true. 73,846 deaths over a 17-year period is crazy high, though, no matter what.

edit to add:
not blaming you for the post title OP, as that is what this Web site called it, but it's still wrong, 73,846 deaths were not caused by Iraq war alone but all deaths over a 17-year period
edit on 5-5-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

It has been long known that non-military casualties will not be counted, not will any casualties resulting from non-combat missions. In other words the death must occur by an American soldier in a direct combat situation.

This removes all IED devices, suicide attacks etc used against servicemen not engaged in an actual deployment or operation. This removes all military deaths not from combat (guns going off, friendly fire, truck drops of hoist and kills mechanic).
Further the Second gulf war was a mercenary war, and a corporate outsourcing bonanza as Im sure you are all aware of. No mercenary is counted - none. Further all services traditionally supplied by the military including latrines, mess, service and support is now outsourced to Halliburton etc. There were huge, vast numbers of casualties in this area (attacking the supply chain is the most basic combat strategy) - not one of these deaths is counted. In fact those injured are not even qualified for any form of compensation from the government - they must sue Halliburton (etc) for compensation.

Over 60% of security and military personal were non-government (corporate), that figure has risen to almost 90%

The real figures for Iraqi deaths in Gulf War are estimated at well over 1 million. The displaced and homeless is estimated at around 8 million.

Depleted Uranium was used extensively in the second Gulf War - as was white phosphorous (illegal weapon). The battle of Fallujah used both extensively.

Have done a Masters Degree on this from the UK,

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

I really hope your are being sarcastic. Otherwise this is the dumbest thing I have ever read on the internet, Ever. Please tell me you are joking...please...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
to post by PLASIFISK
sorry..not a joke...

i wish it was

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by romka71

The thing about depleted shells is, they're depleted. While some radioactivity is in them, it is not at the level that will cause huge biological damage. People have to start learning what radiation is. And the fact is you're bathing in it right now. The level of radiation from such a thing as those shells is the same you get from eating a large number of bananas every day.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abney

Originally posted by PLASIFISK

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by XmikaX

You do press one heck of an issue, and one cannot argue with it.
My only problem is the military prefers the young and dumb, I am not making a statement here as i consider myself as used to be young and dumb, but young minds are impressionable and young boys see the romance of carrying a big gun and being in charge, yelling like a big man.
Some will actually get to realize what is going on and mature.
I think the best idea would have been to not go to war at all and just seek out the heads and predator drone them to death.
Problem solved, as we would have no military death and if done right the only civillians would have been the ones in direct contact with said criminals.

I agree with you, and to add!.......i dont think we should have a military at all. there should be no special training given to anyone that would make them killers. I believe every one in America should be able to protect themselves from any threat domestic and foriegn. Let the people protect themselves! Against invasion also should it present it self. Im sure just about every one in America has a weapon of some sort. I think it will work. No need to take a fight to any enemy, we should wait, and be prepared should it come to us. Im with you bro! Lets wait for it to come to our front doors! Im ready! We are all ready! We dont need these young dumb fools protecting us anyway!.

So...there should be no special training given to anyone that would make them killers, yet...everyone in America should be able to repel foreign attacks? How would this be accomplished without killing people? And with no training? So a housewife who's never picked up a gun before (because remember she has no special training which would teach her to kill) and suddenly becomes Rambo against a foreign enemy? Very rarely do you see someone contradict themselves within ONE sentence.

Bravo.

I was being sarcastic. Really have no time to entertain you #ers! But in closing I will leave you with this quote.

"...War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. When a people are used as mere human instruments for firing cannon or thrusting bayonets, in the service and for the selfish purposes of a master, such war degrades a people. A war to protect other human beings against tyrannical injustice; a war to give victory to their own ideas of right and good, and which is their own war, carried on for an honest purpose by their free choice--is often the means of their regeneration. A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature, who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. As long as justice and injustice have not terminated their ever renewing fight for ascendancy in the affairs of mankind, human beings must be willing, when need is, to do battle for the one against the other...."~John Stuart Mill, The Contest in America, vol. 1
(1868).

Any questions? I didnt think so! However, I do have one for you........which side of the line do you stand on? Patriot or Coward?

I SAY HUA! (that saying there should tell you which side I'm on, dont talk # about my brothers and sisters. most of you will need us before we need you!)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I feel this thread is misleading. Simple fact is that it is covering casualties from 2 seperate wars for the sole reason of inciting anger.

I guess we should tack WW I's casualties to WW II's while where at it...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I dont feel an ounce of remorse for any soldier who got killed in Iraq or their families.
That is all I have to say. Go on... let soldiers kill muslims...and let the muslims kill these soldiers. I dont give a flying #. No offense intended.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

RADIATION casues dementia as a symptom
maybe you shouldn't bath in it

about a quarter MILLION us troops have died from DU poisoning
plus the related collaterals

one woman even told of how she would put a condom of frozen peas inside
after sex with her gulf war vet husband to ease the burning from the radiactive sperm
that whole family is dead now

yay for facts Gorman
edit on 7-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
I dont feel an ounce of remorse for any soldier who got killed in Iraq or their families.
That is all I have to say. Go on... let soldiers kill muslims...and let the muslims kill these soldiers. I dont give a flying #. No offense intended.

I agree with you 100%!

second line!

oh but before I go....ahummmm......# YOU, GO KILL YOURSELF.....
ps: No offense intended!.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
i hope he shoots better than the americans soldiers in Iraq do
it took 250,000 round per kill in Iraq
look it up

thats why they use DU....

hey look at the falujah babies!

coming to a united states of denial near you

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Funny. You yell "yay for facts". Then give me no sources for your claims.

I mean the last one is pretty much hilarious. I don't know. maybe I'm just being silly here, but I suspect the guy with radiated balls would probably be in the hospital and not having sex from the pain if she was hurting from after just a brief time with him. But hell, that's logical thinking.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Hi. I hope you lost a family member in Iraq and Afghanistan or wherever the # else the US army is involved. I hope you loved him/her more than your own life. I also hope it hurt real bad. No offense intended.

edit on 7-5-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: grammar

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join