It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

73,846 US Iraq War Soldiers Dead How they manipulated the numbers to fool you.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

Former Yugoslavia, Iraq, Afghanistan (relatively low numbers here as there were not many armed vehicles/bunkers) and now Libya. DU is real "dirty bomb". Usage of DU is crime against humanity - against probably tens generations of humans - not to speak about life in general.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I do remember this definition of KIA from years back...they had to die in Iraq to be counted, and it was rumored that there was a concerted effort to fly them out to Germany fast...

I remember discussing at the time that this may have been part of the reason for not showing the coffins coming home.

Funny too that one of the first things this administration was lift that restriction, and yet we still don't see that horrible part of warthe part that would go a long way toward making people snap.. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I bet there are some threads around about this somewhere. It was probably around 2005 or 2006?

Oh, and don't forget the PMCs, who are counted and reported differently too. Not sure quite how, but...
edit on 5/6/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
The sad truth appears to be that many of our Service Members have been turned into toxic guinea pigs pumped full of shot after shot, drug after drug before being deployed, and often even when not deployed.

The various degenerative muscle and immune system diseases that appear to result from this, then are treated with a wide range of experimental chemicals, injections, and treatments that seem to turn them into death on legs, slowly robbing them of the ability to enjoy quality of life and healthy normal bodily functions until some overtaxed part of their system finally gives out and dies.

I have seen a few friends go from healthy bulls to walking skeletons before passing away and know a couple more suffering from the process.

The drug companies are getting rich off of all the immunizations before hand and then all the treatments afterwards.

Its controlled genocide for profit, and one more very good reason not to join the US Military.

May I call foul on this? Having experienced the protective use of immunizations in the military for 18 years, and having ZERO after-effects, I find your statement unfounded. A large military force can be decimated by disease, as shown by the Spanish flu epidemic in 1918. I seem to recall that we lost more soldiers to disease in war than to combat injuries in both the Civil War and WWI. Additionally, you may notice the short haircuts of the military. This is not because the US hates hair, it is because of the head lice problem. Short hair was begun by Alexander the Great to combat the head lice. The US military is the greatest fighting force the world has ever seen. It is a force for peace in the world. You may recall that we entered this theater to stop bloodshed. It takes force and gunfire to eliminate those who kill their own countrymen, or who would set up killing regimes.

I suppose we should solve all the problems of the world, right? We take on the biggest problems for us, and we let the smaller ones go by, like Darfur. Priorities. And one of our best priorities is taking care of our soldiers. Don't think for a single solitary minute that the US does anything other than take good care of it's active duty soldiers. There are limits to what the US can do, and some will fall through the cracks. They make the mainstream media.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
I do remember this definition of KIA from years back...they had to die in Iraq to be counted, and it was rumored that there was a concerted effort to fly them out to Germany fast...

I remember discussing at the time that this may have been part of the reason for not showing the coffins coming home.

Funny too that one of the first things this administration was lift that restriction, and yet we still don't see that horrible part of warthe part that would go a long way toward making people snap.. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I bet there are some threads around about this somewhere. It was probably around 2005 or 2006?

Oh, and don't forget the PMCs, who are counted and reported differently too. Not sure quite how, but...

We fly them out to Germany because we care about them.
We don't advertise the deaths because we want to keep a positive morale in the military. Morale is a big deal.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

I was simply relaying that this has been covered before in recent years and some of the points.

Of course we fly them out because we care about them. Of course morale is important. But I think that everyone knows people die in wars, especially those that are in the thick of it. Maybe if it wasn't hidden and people weren't shielded from the horrors of it, it would stop.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by romka71

That is a hell of alot. Are those numbers from both Gulf wars or just the Iraq one? then again even if it is both that is alot more than what they have said on the news.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Sure you may, but with neither of us understanding the exact science that makes different bodies and different metabolisms function differently, your example, may simply be your example.

I have a brother who can eat three plates of food and never gain a pound.

I can gain wait looking at a weight loss shake commercial.

Different people's bodies, diets, lifestyles, DNA, genes, etc, have different reactions to chemicals they injest.

So you can cry foul, but that doesn't mean a foul has occured.

A whole lot of veterans are dying or suffering from Gulf War Syndrome and something is causing it to happen.

Thanks.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

Please refer to my earlier reply to this topic.

These are all the deaths that have occurred from 1990 to 2007, not just the gulf wars. Believe me, if 78K soldiers had died in the gulf war, you would have heard about from every MSM outlet around. No way to hide those kinds of numbers. The OP copied the headline from a Web site article that was GROSSLY MISLEADING, it lumped ALL military deaths into one specific operation. Whoever wrote that should be embarrassed for their lack of reading comprehension.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Just to add to what you have said the "Era" figure, which is vast bulk (59,828) of the 73k number, seems to include all deaths that have occured while in service except those who died while deployed. For example if somone was involved in a car crash in Texas and died while still part of the military they would be included in this number which is again a little misleading.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Yeah, lets boost our moral so that we can fight better for interests of politicians and big companies!

I really don't believe that people are arguing here if 73,8460 soldiers died in 17 years period or in "just few" years period. The fact is that 73,846 families got ruined because of big lies and that's not ok even if it happened over 50 years.

We don't need army and we don't need to be lied to us. But as long as we blindly support our troops, we give "green light" to the government for whatever they are doing.

P.S. I'm not from USA but my country is part of NATO and we have troops in Afghanistan and Iraq too.
edit on 6/5/11 by dario86 because: grammar

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
ops, double-post. please delete it.
edit on 6/5/11 by dario86 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by XmikaX
soldiers are paid to being killed.

if you accept to have an army, i'm failing to see where is the problem in having soldiers killed since that's the whole point of it.

how many iraki civilians killed (not including the death from no food from blocade) ?

1,5 millions or 2 millions ?

so your 74000 is what ?

5% of the total count (if you count them as equal but they are soldier so in fact they count far less than the women and children they have killed)

might sound absurd to yo but what is war really ?

I think the point is that NONE of these people should be dead. This war was begun on lies, continues on lies, and should be ended yesterday.

It is a war few of Us actually support. Irrespective of the ratio of military v. civilian casualties We should not be in ANY war. No one has attacked Us initially. We are the aggressors. Because We were lied to and manipulated (9/11) into all this mess.

And a life is a life. The soldiers AND the civilians are equal.

Frankly, *I* DON'T accept to have an army. If it was left to me, I would behave better in the world theater such that armies are unnecessary. (How big is the Swiss army these days?)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
You may recall that we entered this theater to stop bloodshed. It takes force and gunfire to eliminate those who kill their own countrymen, or who would set up killing regimes.

I'm sorry but I fail to see how killing close to 1 million Iraqi civilians and decimating future generations of citizens with WMDs (DU munitions) can be considered "stopping the bloodshed"

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by romka71

I love how 99.9% of people on this site take everything they find off the internet, or one secondary source of information, and intrepret it as fact. Please learn how to research. Its not always fun, usually takes several hours, and I will give you a hint, its not as easy as finding one article (by a liberal, unchecked news group) on the internet and presenting it to us as fact. When you come back with different forms of information, primary, secondary, news articles, interviews, pictures, etc. They you can make these claims. Until then, understand that Bush is not the reason for all of your failures in life, and move on with it already. Or at the very least, take a history class. geesh

re·search/ˈrēˌsərCH/
Noun: The systematic investigation into and study of materials and sources in order to establish facts and reach new conclusions.

edit on 6-5-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by romka71

This has been debunked so many times before, its getting kind of sad.

Chemical and Radiological Toxicity of Depleted Uranium

Radiological Risk Assessment of Capstone Depleted Uranium Aerosols

Cancer surveillance in Italian army peacekeeping troops deployed in Bosnia and Kosovo, 1996–2007: Preliminary results

Sandia completes depleted uranium study

Results of veterans' assessment programmes in the UK and the USA indicate neither an abnormal pattern of disease which might be expected to result in worsening health with time nor the presence of any unique Gulf-related condition1,2,14,15,16. Veterans do not have an excess of hospital admissions17,18 or have children with excess birth defects19,20. While there was a small statistically significant increase in deaths among American Gulf veterans21,22,23, this was due to accidents not disease; moreover, a recent study by Kang's group24 does not show any significant difference in mortality rates. A UK study showed fewer deaths from disease but more accidental deaths among Gulf veterans than in controls; these results did not reach statistical significance25. There were no excess deaths from cancers. Our clinically derived series from 3000 veterans supports the view of Unwin et al.5 that veterans' physical and social disability was generally not severe.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

No excess mortality from disease, all excess mortality from accidents. No excess birth defects. The majority of service related disabilities are from orthopedic issues (knees being the most common). So that one doesn’t hold much water. Even soldiers with DU fragments still lodged in their bodies have not shown the ill effects that have been plastered all over the media.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by XmikaX

You do press one heck of an issue, and one cannot argue with it.
My only problem is the military prefers the young and dumb, I am not making a statement here as i consider myself as used to be young and dumb, but young minds are impressionable and young boys see the romance of carrying a big gun and being in charge, yelling like a big man.
Some will actually get to realize what is going on and mature.
I think the best idea would have been to not go to war at all and just seek out the heads and predator drone them to death.
Problem solved, as we would have no military death and if done right the only civillians would have been the ones in direct contact with said criminals.

I agree with you, and to add!.......i dont think we should have a military at all. there should be no special training given to anyone that would make them killers. I believe every one in America should be able to protect themselves from any threat domestic and foriegn. Let the people protect themselves! Against invasion also should it present it self. Im sure just about every one in America has a weapon of some sort. I think it will work. No need to take a fight to any enemy, we should wait, and be prepared should it come to us. Im with you bro! Lets wait for it to come to our front doors! Im ready! We are all ready! We dont need these young dumb fools protecting us anyway!.
edit on 6-5-2011 by PLASIFISK because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2011 by PLASIFISK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Even ONE death is too many when the wars were based on manipulated evidence, lies, deceit, and MIC interests- so "frankly, I don't give a damn, my dear." I given all damns a man can give in one lifetime already.

Lets be realistic. There will always be manipulated evidence because people will always want to save their own azz so what do you do...The truth is if your azz was on the line you would lie too. You need to stay objective or else your emotions will take over you

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Ghee, Maybe wars are not a good thing?

Explains why aliens don't show themselves, they are worried about being killed or captured, and if they did they would chose the world power government first because they would be open to negotiations ect.

We are not "evolved" into the modern age, we are the same ancient stone workers of egypt that built the pyramids, but now with new toys to kill each other.

If you think about it, earth would be one of the best theaters in the galaxy, I'm sure the situations that are happening to us are a very rare event in the entire galaxy and maybe the surrounding ones, which would surely bring some here just to observe and hide from sight while watching them blow each other up. Sounds logical to me xD

Imagine a world run by 6ft tall gorillas that use their technology to kill each other for a useless currency that is going to be replaced sooner or later by better technology, instead of helping each other and having a controlled food system so that millions of gorillas do not die every year.

Oh wait thats right..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by romka71

those soldiers died 4 nothing...that's a bit*ch of a thing for any soldier

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
No wonder the female to male ratio on college campuses is 60-40.
My brothers keep dying in an unnecessary war.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join