It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

73,846 US Iraq War Soldiers Dead How they manipulated the numbers to fool you.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Iraq War Deaths Exceed Vietnam War Numbers

Department of Veterans Affairs Reports 73 Thousand U.S. Gulf War Deaths

More Gulf War Veterans have died than Vietnam Veterans. This probably is news to you. But the truth has been hidden by a technicality. So here is the truth.

The casualties in the Vietnam War were pretty simple to understand. If a soldier was dead from his combat tour, he was a war casualty. There are 58,195 names recorded on the Vietnam War Memorial in Washington, DC.

But something odd has happened with the Iraq War. The government, under the Bush administration, did something dishonest that resulted in a lie that's persisted since the war began -- and continues to this very day. They decided to report the war deaths in Iraq only if the soldier died with his boots on the ground in a combat situation.

The actual figures have been hidden from the American public just like the returning, flag draped coffins were censored from the press. But the figures are now available and we can only hope that the American people will be outraged when they learn how they have been misled.

According to The Department of Veterans Affairs, as of May 2007, reports in the Gulf War Veterans Information System reveal these startling numbers:

Total U.S. Military Gulf War Deaths: 73,846
* Deaths amongst Deployed: 17,847
* Deaths amongst Non-Deployed: 55,999

The stastics for non-lethal injuries are likewise staggering:

Total "Undiagnosed Illness" (UDX) claims: 14,874
Total number of disability claims filed: 1,620,906
* Disability Claims amongst Deployed: 407,911
* Disability Claims amongst Non-Deployed: 1,212,995

Percentage of combat troops that filed Disability Claims 36%

I know you probably will think this is another conspiracy theory

full article -- www.viewzone.com...

Source: www1.va.gov... Note: Sometimes this link is not active so we have posted the pdf file on viewzone 393 kb.]

More deaths and mysery to follow...

More than 1,820 tons of radioactive nuclear waste (i.e. depleted uranium) were exploded in Iraq alone in the form of armor piercing rounds and bunker busters. This represents the worlds worst man made ecological disaster ever. 64 kg of uranium were used in the Hiroshima bomb. The U.S. Iraq Nuclear Holocaust represents far more than fourteen thousand Hiroshima's.

The nuclear waste the U.S. has exploded in the Middle East will continue killing for hundreds of years! That's how long these particles of radioactive dust will continue to blow around, get lodged in someone's lungs or be ingested. Scientists calculate that there is now enough radioactive material in Iraq to wipe out a third of the world's current population.

While we never found any WMD's (Weapons of Mass Destruction) in Iraq, we sure made up for it by importing our own! Birth defects among Iraqi newborns are up a whopping 600% from before the war. The defects are typical of the kind produced by exposure to radioactive poisons. And these injuries are happening to the civilian population of Iraq -- the people we were supposedly "liberating."

edit on 5-5-2011 by romka71 because: forget something

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
oh wow...if this is real...and the majority of people saw those numbers...I bet our support for any U.S. involvement overseas would go down the toilet...do they do this same manipulation to numbers in afghanistan too?'

I also like how it states that the only good democracy is one that is well informed...very true
edit on 5-5-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
just want to add that this figure is including the total number of gulf troop deaths since 1990 in case people dont realise

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If this is accurate, what did the people die from? Do these numbers include the Blackwater folks and other mercenaries, or just military personnel?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
military personnel...

please....open pdf file...all info there...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
What do Members Stoploss and Airspoon think of these numbers?

Bump

+7 more 
posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Even ONE death is too many when the wars were based on manipulated evidence, lies, deceit, and MIC interests- so "frankly, I don't give a damn, my dear." I given all damns a man can give in one lifetime already.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well you ain't gonna see that on CNN! Good find OP!

Shame on us for allowing it to continue though *sigh*

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Ihave a buddy who was killed in Iraq in july, he was training the Iraquis.
His death would probably considered friendly fire as it was one of his trainies that shot him.
I wonder if he is included in the "War Casualties" or whatever.
All i know is i lost 2 people to this particular theatre.
1 death the other, what came back is barely a shell of what went there.
He lost his jaw from a sniper and has had a heart attack and 3 strokes since, along with other complications.
I say support our brave troops and bring em all home.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
look how many children are loosing there fathers for the sake of lie

edit on 5-5-2011 by majestic3 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
soldiers are paid to being killed.

if you accept to have an army, i'm failing to see where is the problem in having soldiers killed since that's the whole point of it.

how many iraki civilians killed (not including the death from no food from blocade) ?

1,5 millions or 2 millions ?

so your 74000 is what ?

5% of the total count (if you count them as equal but they are soldier so in fact they count far less than the women and children they have killed)

might sound absurd to yo but what is war really ?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I am pretty sure this is gulf war 1 in the 90s.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by XmikaX

You do press one heck of an issue, and one cannot argue with it.
My only problem is the military prefers the young and dumb, I am not making a statement here as i consider myself as used to be young and dumb, but young minds are impressionable and young boys see the romance of carrying a big gun and being in charge, yelling like a big man.
Some will actually get to realize what is going on and mature.
I think the best idea would have been to not go to war at all and just seek out the heads and predator drone them to death.
Problem solved, as we would have no military death and if done right the only civillians would have been the ones in direct contact with said criminals.

+3 more 
posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The sad truth appears to be that many of our Service Members have been turned into toxic guinea pigs pumped full of shot after shot, drug after drug before being deployed, and often even when not deployed.

The various degenerative muscle and immune system diseases that appear to result from this, then are treated with a wide range of experimental chemicals, injections, and treatments that seem to turn them into death on legs, slowly robbing them of the ability to enjoy quality of life and healthy normal bodily functions until some overtaxed part of their system finally gives out and dies.

I have seen a few friends go from healthy bulls to walking skeletons before passing away and know a couple more suffering from the process.

The drug companies are getting rich off of all the immunizations before hand and then all the treatments afterwards.

Its controlled genocide for profit, and one more very good reason not to join the US Military.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
A very good friend of mine was working for the US military, under civilian contract, a few years back. She was a psychologist doing psych evaluations on wounded soldiers coming out of combat. Now I should point out she specialized in post traumatic disorder cases and worked here in states and has even testified in court. She choice to work for the government, but six months in she learned that the military psychologists were overruling her patient recommendations and sending soldiers who she felt were unfit for duty back into combat. That was pretty bad but she had accepted that could happen going into the job. What she didn't expect was the suicide rate for these patients. She told she had seen more suicides in her two years working for the military than the other ten years she has worked in psychology.

My friend's overall opinion of this war was it would make the psychological scars of Vietnam War look minor compared to the Gulf conflicts.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by XmikaX

My only problem is the military prefers the young and dumb

so if the army would recruit (by force because this group would not just volunteer) the wise and intelligent that'd be ok with you to make war ?

i don't know what you're talking about. you accept war or you don't, no middle path here.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by XmikaX

No no no, you misunderstand me.
I am saying the military has a never ending supply of fools.
However if the military only hired seasoned individuals with morals and real world thought patterns there would be a lot less war crimes.
If i could i would put the leaders of nations into a deathcage and the winner gets to go home.
End of war.
People who want war never fight them, people who fight them never want war.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It states gulf war... Which one? The first gulf war, the 2nd gulf war, both wars combined?

+8 more 
posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I think you need to review the PDF file and revise your post title, OP.

According to the pdf file this was from May 2007, and cover all service member deaths from 1990 to 2007 - a 17-year period.

The deaths directly related to those wars is here;
Operation Iraqi Freedom: 4770
Operation Enduring Freedom/Afghanistan: 2444

The way you worded your OP, you are making the claim that all service member deaths from 1990 forward have been due to those wars which is not true. 73,846 deaths over a 17-year period is crazy high, though, no matter what.

edit to add:
not blaming you for the post title OP, as that is what this Web site called it, but it's still wrong, 73,846 deaths were not caused by Iraq war alone but all deaths over a 17-year period
edit on 5-5-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
WTF?

I knew about the radio active bombs and people giving birth to disabled children there...

BUT! I didn't know the radio activity was soooo much more than in Hiroshima? Do you have any idea which regions besides Iraq are/will be effected by the radio activity?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join