It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intel from Bin Laden Compound

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Sheppard Smith on Fox News just announced that intel from bin Laden's compound said there were plans to attack trains in New York, Washington DC and Chicago on Sep 11, 2011 (no hard link yet. Will update if/when...)

So, look for TSA to start implementing their procedures at train stations there sooner rather than later. There was a thread earlier today that they're already assisting the transit authority in Portland Oregon.

ETA: Got it!

www.cbsnews.com...

CBS also adds Los Angeles, and mentions possiblities for major holidays.
edit on 5-5-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Was this intel they pickked up during the mission or did the Pakistanis discover it ?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Not sure. I didn't hear him say anything about Pakistan, so I'm thinking it's from the raid (maybe the computers?).

Still no article on their website yet.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Piledriver

If this intel is correct, and we are able to thwart these attacks and actions thereby saving many innocent lives, then the exercise we accomplished, no matter how unattractive, was worth it.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Is there a direct source?

I'm more worried about them trying to drive a truck full of explosives into a public place now more then anything else. The WTC attacks were big and glamorous, they wanted the shock and awe it inspired to create fear and tension.
Now I think it's more about revenge and yes I do fly often but I am in public places far more often. If I found myself watching a dozen or two trucks being blown up in city streets across the country I would be far more paranoid then what they did on 911.
I guess we will all be witness soon to what happens, but I don't believe it is going to be a big event. I think a series of smaller events that make one huge event is more feasible.
edit on 5/5/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I agree. Chaos seems to be the theme currently..

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
More fear on the airwaves. TSA will probably run with this rumour and push for the use of their products and manpower to city and state governments. It will be horrible if or when TSA gets a firm grip on the subway, train and bus routes (not to mention a firm grip on something else).

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hmm... I'm a little suspicious about the "intel" they got from OBL's compound.

I mean, OBL was the Number 1 target. Why store all such sensitive material with him in his place of abode? Seems a bit stupid. If they were clever, the "intel" stored in OBL's house is bogus.

So, we'll see if Al Kaeda were stupid or clever.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

I agree with you a little too suspicious, but honestly it looks staged.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'm cynical now and am not believing anything they tell me after how shady they have been over this whole thing.

They will not provide ANY verifiable confirmation to us in the form of photos or footage but what a miracle! Now we have information our train systems could be under attack. Time to expand TSA molestation tactics into train transportation, too. No 911 necessary for us to go along with it. It's just all in the Osama files, don't you know.

I just don't know what to believe anymore. I do feel it is very probable an attack will occur in some fashion, though. Either a true retaliation by extremists or a government false flag. But this seems awfully convenient.

'We can't prove anything we say really occurred but, lo and behold! We discovered information about possible attacks. Pardon us while we take more of your freedoms away.'

link   

Originally posted by angeldoll
reply to post by Piledriver

If this intel is correct, and we are able to thwart these attacks and actions thereby saving many innocent lives, then the exercise we accomplished, no matter how unattractive, was worth it.

I hate to be the one to tell this: ATS is a "conspiracy" site. You're looking for the "official story" site....

link   
I could see the US diverting the money they've been giving to Pakistan to TSA and putting scanners/gropers in train stations in the cities mentioned in the CBS article.

It just has a "we're coming to a town near you, soon" feel to it.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I just read about this.
Al quaeda was gonna attack trains!!
I hear they were gonna flly them into the US Bank building in SoCal!!
I will have to look for the plans but apparently the flying machine in the osama compound was a prototype to add wings to trains!
When asked a Pakistani scientist, he said we could make pigs fly,....well if we could handle them anyway...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
When I heard this on the radio earlier tonight, they also said that there have been no indications elsewhere that any of this is in progress. No corroborating intel, so to speak.

I agree with almost FoxM entirely. How dumb would they have to be?

edit on 5/5/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
One Step Closer To a Full Police State...

They have the "Power" to claim the Intel said anything to implant whatever they desire... and the sheeple fall for it in the name of 'Justice' and the 'USA'

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This story is just getting stranger by the minute.

You mean to tell me that if it wasn't for this operation, The US would have no knowledge of such a possible attack even after capturing and killing so many alleged terrorists..

I just find it hard that a diminished Al-qaeda threat can outwit one of the best intel agencies in the world.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Airports, in some articles claimed they won't change anything, but are now saying the people deemed as "safe fliers" will be in front of the line. That will be the change? Not likely to stop there! Where does that leave the rest of the people without a safe flier record, maybe they have no record-don't fly often,etc? .

top topics

join