It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've shared music before, but this is a bit different

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I don't sing and I've been told time and time again that my music sounds like it could be a score for film.. I used to do a lot of visual effects work ( 7 or 8 years back ) and so when the opportunity arose where I work to get involved in a video project I jumped on it ..long story short, it motivated me to get back into video work so I've been toying with the idea of either writing music around visuals or visuals around my music .. whichever works best.. in this particular, short case.. i decided to start with video and then compose around it .. it's a short 53 second piece that's barely music .. butafter I finished the visuals I just wrote what I felt matched.. I'm very interested in thoughts

Software used, since I know I'll inevitably be asked

1. Adobe After Effects CS5 ( text and effects )
2. Sony Vegas Professional ( combining video and audio tracks, as well as color mods )
3. Sony Acid Professional 7

Hardware:

Midiman radium
(keyboard)

And the text in the video is the name of my "band"

On my youtube channel there's several visual things but they are all very after the fact rushed together, not thought out pieces that I did just to put something there so i could upload the song.. this is the first time I've put any effort into combining the two

edit on 5-5-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Not shabby at all. I checked out your promp video (more music). I really do think you have the stuff to score film.

The promo video base line reminds me of a move from about 20+ years ago. At least I think it was a movie. Its on the edge of memory. Maybe Risky Business? It has a certain Tangerine Dream "feel" but "not".

I say go for it.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I put it on my headphones and thought the predator was about to step into ma living room heheh, nice work bro

The visuals are also nice but being a music man I prefer the sounds, sounds like a movie soundtrack, very sci-fi like.

Good stuff.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Not shabby at all. I checked out your promp video (more music). I really do think you have the stuff to score film.

The promo video base line reminds me of a move from about 20+ years ago. At least I think it was a movie. Its on the edge of memory. Maybe Risky Business? It has a certain Tangerine Dream "feel" but "not".

I say go for it.

Thanks for the response, and more than a sentence at that! I didn't expect much given the short clip so I appreciate it very much.. the only confession I can make is that I had eraserhead on my mind when I did the audio track ... =) the bassline was actually something I did for my event horizon 2.0 set .. I just borrowed the bass track from one of my existing songs and worked around it to save time..

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
I put it on my headphones and thought the predator was about to step into ma living room heheh, nice work bro

The visuals are also nice but being a music man I prefer the sounds, sounds like a movie soundtrack, very sci-fi like.

Good stuff.

lol thanks .. yes I'm an audiophile first and foremost, when I'm writing something I always like to think about mood so I tend to have an ambiance with most of my work.. Event 2.0 was the first time I actually wrote out a story first and then wrote music around that.. it helped with mood, so I think maybe I'm looking to take it to the next level and combine visuals..

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Yes I believe you should take it to the next level, you have the talent and it's also kool what you do.

I love it

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

Yes I believe you should take it to the next level, you have the talent and it's also kool what you do.

I love it

I greatly appreciate it .. I can always trust on the ATS crowd to give good feedback, I may not always agree with all of you in the various threads (I'm a debunker) but we do generally all fit in the same thread and get along otherwise.. this has become one of my favorite places to share my work

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Arrgh .. I should have let it go another second.. I reversed before the Y finished displaying... I based the music on that time line... so it means redoing it all ... but I guess that's how this work goes...

top topics

join