It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-believer in Gods or ufos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I was raised rather cruelly within a loose affiliation of religions and politics. Supremacy even if it's shared supremacy seemed to be their aim, much like the ancient polytheism that gives birth to the disaster they have made of human kind. Tortured and abused treat like a dog yet with the assumption that given my conversion to 'their' beliefs I would then consider myself somehow above the humanity I consider myself very much a part of and that obviously the people that did, and continue, to torture me are nothing to do with.
The stated facts would already lead lead right thinking people to think I may be anti-religous and rightly so. Christianity, Judaeism, Islam; polytheism under the same Abrahamic Old Testament murderer, peadophile, human and animal sacrificer, misogynist, enslaver, you name it that old goat's got a record as long as you're arm for it. Wait a minute says you, you could be describing two thirds of the worlds political leadership and systems there. Well according to their figures two thirds of the world, in one form or another according to 'their' figures follows the old goat. Coincidence. I think not!
Ufos. Sorry but my mind comprehends at least as any mind can comprehend the true scale of the universe. Quite simply you are doing a Noah in reverse and presuming that all you need for a trip accross the universe is a little glowing orb. As in the Noah story the modern idea of logistics to my mind just cannot support such a journey. As with the Noah story you ignore the needs of fodder etc in your little fantasies. To my mind it shows just how these simplistic stone/bronze age fantasies impinge on the modern mind. Chickadee chickadee the sky's falling in. Don't worry there's something from far far away to come and save us. Still! In the modern mind! Just shows how pernicious religion can be when it's had people enslaved for thousands of years.
Conspiracy theories. Hell yes. An interesting fact notwithstanding the campaigns in WWII about American involvement in the Middle East is their part in the downfall of the legal regime in Iran in 1953, mainly on behalf of a company that later metamorphised into B.P. I like many others feel the U.S.A. is run via the Fed by European and other interests.
I sincerely cannot bwelieve the three Towers at the W.T.C. were brought down by those planes. So yes i would seem to be a conspiracy theorist.
My education such as it was was disrupted by my treatment but I have fought back since then and tried to educate myself best ways somebody unlearned can do. Spent some time in the Army and helped raise two wonderful children.
What brought me here at first was the 'Electrical Universe' theory for it struck a chord with ideas my un-educated mind had formed for itself. I found the discussion informative and stimulating as I have other discussions I've checked out and I look forward to more of the same. Hello.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Welcome, welcome, welcome. Thank you so much for sharing part of your soul with us. I hope we will be able to share some conspiracy fodder some time.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DonnaLynn

Thank you, and i too hope we can share at sometime, there would seem plenty to go at the moment and lots more on it's way by the looks of things!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by goldentorch

I hope that as you participate in this website you will have a chance to consider what it really means "to believe" in something.

A person could only believe in what he could see with his eyes or touch with his hands. But of course that's not really what belief is for. So, what about everything that others say is "true" that you can't recall ever seeing or experiencing yourself? You can "believe" someone's story about their own experience, or you can "disbelieve" because it seems illogical to you or doesn't match your reality of how life works. Or you can just listen and take it for the data that it is.

What if, after a little while, 50 different people have told you very similar stories about things they are sure happened to them, but that seem "unbelievable" to you? Hm. Well, this doesn't force you to believe them. But now you do have the data that this "unbelievable" reality was experienced by 50 other people, and they were all convinced that it was real.

And in the absence of an ability to somehow extend your own perceptions to inspect for yourself the phenomena that these people told you about, they essentially become that extension.

And your next challenge is: Can I "believe" what my own perceptions are telling me?

For example: Modern physics tells us that hard matter is actually made of up arrangements of little fuzzy packets of energy. They've "proved" this with particle accelerators and so forth. So why should you "believe" this story if you can't see the "fuzziness" of hard matter with your own perceptions? It's very much a matter of judgment, and deciding who's word will carry more weight in your life.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I accept that in some way that I am measuring 'belief' somewhat by my own experience in my OP, however by your own measure I could cite millions of people who don't believe by their knowledge/experience. So although I'm just an atom by relating my experiences I become part of a "fuzzy whole" when added to the sum of human knowledge.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by goldentorch

Hi goldentorch, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome and the useful links. I'm enjoying the wide range of topics.

new topics

top topics

join