It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drinking enough water may cure or lessen asthma for some

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

It does, as far as I can tell. The damage caused by smoking outweighs the benefits, but for an asthmatic smoking can indeed make breathing easier day to day. There are many ingredients in the tobacco that act as bronchodilators, allowing a bit more oxygen to be inhaled/processed. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure of the mechanic behind it, but it's something along those lines. I'm an asthmatic and an ex-smoker, just recently quit (not for the first time, but successfully this time), and my lungs have been in horrid condition as a result, including a horrifying trip to the ER in the wee hours of the morning. Times past that I tried quitting I noticed my breathing was also laboured.

Anyways, not something I'd recommend, but it does seem to work. Quitting smoking naturally causes the lungs to expel alot of built up junk, and it's worse for an asthmatic. So for the time being no strenuous exercise for me, but once my lungs are a bit better I intend to exercise them alot more. Seems to be the best overall method or treating asthma in the long run.
edit on 9-5-2011 by NoNameNomad because: typos

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I too smoke, and have had asthma since being a child. Overall it does seem to be better a lot less minor episodes, but whenever I have a bad episode it is much worse, and harder to get under control. Oh and on the water thing, I don't know about everyone else, but it's utter bs in my case. Has never worked.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
not to necro the thread but my gf has severe asthma and we both started the water cure for a month so far her asthma is pretty much none existent and she can run now,

this is the best we have felt our entire lives no brain fog. weight loss don't crave crappy foods much anymore. her blood sugar is normal now. and all we are doing is drinking 5 glasses of water to equal our body weight with Celtic sea salt.
edit on 2-2-2015 by cronotrigger30 because: extra info.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: cronotrigger30
not to necro the thread but my gf has severe asthma and we both started the water cure for a month so far her asthma is pretty much none existent and she can run now,

That's wonderful news. Apparently it doesn't work in all people, but for some it may show that their asthma is a symptom of dehydration. Did your galpal drink much water before that, or during her lifetime? One woman I knew who cured lots of things by drinking water couldn't remember ever drinking water as a child or teenager. I've never had asthma, but have drunken only water and some juice since 1988, and it seems to be working out fine (I was a soda addict before that, but I must have drank water to, just can't recall doing so - maybe when we do drink water as kids or older we don't remember because it is so natural, like air). Thanks for coming by this old thread (still has life in 'er though).

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

she use to drink soda and sugary juices. she does not crave them anymore its part of what the water cure says it does i cant even drink soda anymore it has lost all taste. and pre packaged foods taste disgusting. only healthy prepared meals appeal to me now. I think that is because my body does not crave the garbage anymore.i use to drink water but i had brain fog and anxiety. i started doing the salt and i have felt enormous benefits. my blood pressure has normalized to.

took about three weeks for it to work.
edit on 2-2-2015 by cronotrigger30 because: extra info for op

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: cronotrigger30

Nice. The woman I mentioned, who I knew in the early 1990s, never drank water. Then we started to notice lots of the things it would cure and were probably symptoms of dehydration (I hadn't heard of Dr. B and his Watercure at this point, was winging it on my own after lots of other life changes). She began forcing herself to drink it. Yuck. Didn't like it. Kept drinking day after day, not enjoying it. Then, and I've got a few tears in my eyes writing this, about a week into it she suddenly had the urge to drink water and keep drinking water and she drank glass after glass within an hour or two. What I assumed happened there, after she told me, was that her body, which was perpetually dehydrated (like a cactus) and was in some kind of slow-down or shut-down mode, finally began to trust that she would keep it up, let go, and she craved it like she never craved it before.

Thanks for allowing me to go into that memory again.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

your welcome when i started i went into it as was malarkey. boy was i wrong. we are told salt is bad for you well i agree with them that table salt is but not natural salt.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
What a complete & utter crock of bullsnip. Water will not cure asthma. My younger brother has been severely asthmatic his entire life, needing his rescue inhaler daily & nebulizer treatments regulalry in Florida. What helped him was moving from Florida back to MI with my dad & stepmother when he was a pre-teen. There literally wasn't a single medication left to try any more or lifestyle/dietary change he hadn't already tried, moving was the last thing to try. It was the tropical pollens that made the poor kid heavily reliant on rescue inhalers & nebulizer meds. Once they moved away from the tropics, he never used a nebulizer again, and once or twice a year reaches for his rescue inhaler, in spring. That's a massive difference and water had jack crap to do with it.

I myself may also be asthmatic, though never formally diagnosed. It was simply in many doctors' opinion that I may be. I've never been in need of any meds, though I do wheeze like no tomorrow under moderate or heavier physical activity. Hydration doesn't do squat for my breathing, either.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It worked for the poster above's girlfriend, and for lots of other people. For some it doesn't work, and posts like yours are needed to remind people that. If I had asthma, or allergies, I'd try it. It couldn't hurt, so why not at least post in a way that other people may try it to see for themselves, or to tell their friends and family members. It may help some, no? But, again, posts like yours are needed and valuable to not give anyone the impression that hydrating is a cure-all. But, yes, It does cure a lot.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

no need to be so aggressive it works for her.
and its not the water that does anything its the salt i have already proven that. we did a test this week she went a day just drinking water her asthma came back she did the salt the next day her asthma was gone no explanation other then the salt.
edit on 4-2-2015 by cronotrigger30 because: needed to expand my post

edit on 4-2-2015 by cronotrigger30 because: (no reason given)

i can also provide puffer pics and blood sugar tests if anyone wants proof.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join