It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drinking enough water may cure or lessen asthma for some

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This is my first thread. Hello everyone!

While the subject has been covered before, America's Center for Disease Control's (CDC) announcement yesterday (May 4, '11) that one in twelve children and one in ten adults suffer from asthma may make it time again to talk about one of the biggest secrets: drinking enough water everyday cures asthma. Asthma is a symptom of dehydration (as are many many other "diseases", better to call them symptoms).

Who benefits from keeping the public ignorant of the fact that asthma and other "illnesses" are just symptoms of dehydration? The main four groups who benefit are : Doctors. Big pharma. Hospitals. And major media outlets who accept millions of advertising dollars from these sources. The money flowing into these four industries on just asthma alone is in the billions worldwide. And then when the symptoms get too serious for the body or even medical personnel to sustain, the funeral industry gets its cut.

Some of the main information on this literal top secret is on the site Watercure2.org and Watercure.com. Water and sea salt are suggested. They say that people can stop someone from having an asthma attack by giving them two large glasses of water to drink along with a touch of sea salt on their tongue.

This is a longtime issue of mine. The information and apparant proof that being hydrated "cures" the dehydration symptoms named/labeled asthma, depression, the flu, and dozens of other "diseases" is common knowledge in some circles. But it is also covered up or ignored by the major media. The most common words in hospital emergency rooms are "push fluids", and I've been told by emergency room personnel that seldom do they see anybody come in who isn't dehydrated.

So as not to make this opening post overly long, I want to say "hello" to people here again. In more common words, I'm a long-time reader, first-time threader. Thanks for all of the great issues and posts I've read on the site.
edit on 2/2/2015 by kosmicjack because: title edit at OP request

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

well theres some truth to that but allergies trigger my asthma,especially cats and parrots, but i did notice that after a night of drinking a bunch of liquor i wake up all stuffed up and find it hard to breath until i drink a bunch of water

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
i drink quite a lot of water every day. i've had the flu and colds before. i get sick roughly once or twice a year, but i'm always properly hydrated. so from my personal experience, i'd say that website is full of malarky.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I've had chronic asthma since I was a child, water does nothing .

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well I'll have to tell my dad that the asthma is just all in his head and he didn't need to go to the ER all those times! And those times he just about died I'll let him know a double shot of water woulda saved him all that trouble.

This is what bothers me about the alternate health community!

They always take it too far and just sound silly!

the worst part is they get people killed

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Make sure to drink fluoridated water only. It only works with fluoride.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
For colds and flu, the normal symptoms are all the bodies way of asking for water. A sore throat is just a plea for water (which the pharma industry uses by providing people with candy-like things which mask the symptom by locally anesticizing the throat). Those sights say allergies are also hydration related, and actually come before full-blown asthma. It's interesting to me that some people would pin "malarkey" on an entire body of work by many people without fully experimenting to see if it is true or false. And where do users find this thread, it's not coming up on New Topics. Thanks.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Greetings brother.

Remember you need to include a link to the source of your information. Try to include it in another post or edit the original one.

I have asthma and it only get triggered by a big flu or cold, bad air and probably those chemtrails too. Nothing to do with water so far (in my case).

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

drinking enough water everyday cures asthma
Asthma is a symptom of dehydration

Curious...were are your sources and facts to back this theory up?
edit on May 5th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The watercure2 website used to have a standing offer that if they couldn't cure a case of asthma in a child with water, I believe it was for the state of Pennsylvania, they'd pay out $50,000. And of course try to drink non-floride water.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'm not really sure how to link a website. This is all from watercure.com and watercure2.org. I don't have asthma nor do people I know, so I can't personally testify to that cure. I do know that since I've been hydrated I've never had a bad cold, any depression (once purposely didn't drink water for 12 hours, depression came on, as a symptom), etc. Everytime I do have a cold at least once during it I purposely do not drink water, and observe the throat pain and other symptoms increase and increase, and when I do drink water they go away (drink more water everytime the sore throat comes back, at those time the body wants lots of water!)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
i had chronic asthma growing up. in and out of hospital a lot. i used to panic a bit which only made me worse.
i tried tablets, inhalers, fresh air, water.
nothing worked for me. until i turned 14...
and guess what cured me of my asthma?
smoking!!
like a lot of kids my age i tried the wicked weed (tobacco)
and within months my asthma was gone. being a smoker you cough up phlegm and as this was a big reason for my asthma, coughing it up cleared my chest and therfore cleared my breathing
when you have a smoke you calm down which also helped me. no more panicky breathing
obviously i dont recommend anyone to start smoking to cure their asthma, but it definitely worked for me

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
For colds and flu, the normal symptoms are all the bodies way of asking for water. A sore throat is just a plea for water (which the pharma industry uses by providing people with candy-like things which mask the symptom by locally anesticizing the throat). Those sights say allergies are also hydration related, and actually come before full-blown asthma. It's interesting to me that some people would pin "malarkey" on an entire body of work by many people without fully experimenting to see if it is true or false. And where do users find this thread, it's not coming up on New Topics. Thanks.

it's malarky because you can drink all the water you want when you feel the symptoms of a cold or flu coming on , but you still get the sickness.

where is the experimental data that proves flu and other conditions can be cured or prevented from drinking plenty of water? remember drinking too much water is poisonous

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Tech support, what did I do wrong that this thread isn't appearing on New Topics? And is there some way to put it there? Thanks.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

Prevented is too much of a claim, and my choice of words was wrong. Drinking enough water relieves the symptoms of a cold or flu, including the stuffy nose and sinuses (solid mucus compared with liquidly mucus), sore throat, muscle pain (the main repository of water in the body is in the muscles, and when the body is lacking in water it draws it from the muscles, resulting in soreness, cramping, etc). Much of this is on those websites, but for the cold and flu, self testimony and plenty of it. Once in the '90s my roomate got this horrendous thing, I have no idea if it was a cold or whatever, and was too weak to even drink water. His lasted two days. I caught it, and started drinking, and drinking, and the sore throat came back, and drank some more, most of my life, and I knocked it out in two hours.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Water probably cures most things, its just people would rather drink processed crap that does nothing for you body.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

drinking liquids to ease the symptoms of colds and the flu has been standard practice in the medical field for eons. that's not some special secret, and never has been.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

While proper hydration is Key to a properly functioning human body cannot "cure" asthma! And I do wish you wouldn't say it could! You could very easily kill someone by saying that they don't need their asthma meds just plenty of water!

And while I understand that You FEEL you are trying to do something good by starting this thread there is a WORLD of difference between sore throats caused by dehydration and asthma!

As a sufferer of childhood asthma and ravenous water drinker at the same time I can tell you this is not the case.
It didn't matter how much water I drank when my airways started to seize I probably couldn't have drank water if you PAID me to try it sometimes! Nor did my level of water consumption do anything to change the frequency or number of my attacks!

If you really want to help asthmatics you should point them to things like the buteyko method.

russian breathing method for mitigating asthma symptoms

I wouldn't show so much concern except I know how many people the so called holistic medicine industries KILL every year by making claims they couldn't HOPE to successfully defend! And I can't help but be catapulted back to the nights when my dad would start having an asthma attack at 2 am that his nebulizer and any of his 6 or so inhalers wouldn't stop! I remember seeing him turning bright red as I hustled him into the car and drove him to the hospital talking to EMS the whole way. I remember seeing him lose consciousness in the passenger seat next to me as I'm driving for all I'm worth to get him to the hospital.... Seeing doctors cut his shirt off and frantically reading off the entire ARMLOAD of medications he was on on a daily basis to the doctors as fast as I can while they DESPERATELY tried to find some way to get him breathing again!!!

THAT is what you want to cure with 8 big glasses of water a day? REALLY? I just don't see it.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You miss the point, it is not water .It is saline water ! Salt does cure asthma .Russians use a salt pipe and it does work .Relaxing the wind pipe .

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge
i had chronic asthma growing up. in and out of hospital a lot. i used to panic a bit which only made me worse.
i tried tablets, inhalers, fresh air, water.
nothing worked for me. until i turned 14...
and guess what cured me of my asthma?
smoking!!
like a lot of kids my age i tried the wicked weed (tobacco)
and within months my asthma was gone. being a smoker you cough up phlegm and as this was a big reason for my asthma, coughing it up cleared my chest and therfore cleared my breathing
when you have a smoke you calm down which also helped me. no more panicky breathing
obviously i dont recommend anyone to start smoking to cure their asthma, but it definitely worked for me

As odd as this sounds,this to is valid .Secondline

top topics

<<   2 >>

join