It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The price of crude oil dropped over 8% today bringing it below $100 a barrel.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I just wanted to post something incourgeing.

I hope the price continues to drop.

On a side note, silver is below $35 an oz. Last week it was almost at $50. That is quite a drive. Becareful people!
Due to the amount of advertising involving silver lately, I believe this sector is ripe for abuse.

www.oil-price.net...
edit on 5-5-2011 by IndieA because: added link

edit on 5-5-2011 by IndieA because: added "a barrel" to title

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA

On a side note, silver is below $35 an oz. Last week it was almost at $50. That is quite a drive. Becareful people!
Due to the amount of advertising involving silver lately, I believe this sector is ripe for abuse.

I find it odd that this happened, silver dropped over 8 % in a day?, something is wrong with this, I dont know if my conspiracy mind is on hyper drive but something smells weird about the gas prices too.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ok, the price dropped significantly. Will it drop at the pump overnight?

NOT. If oil goes up any almost immediately the price rises by a few cents. Yet when it drops drastically, they very slowly bring the price down.

Oh well, I hope it drops to $45.00 a barrel, and a gallon of gas is back at $1.00. Then I will put $3.00 into the bank for every gallon of gas I buy. That means I put over $1000.00 a month in savings. So that is $12,000.00 a year. Then in two years I can pay cash for a car that gets 60 mpg. Yep, that means I can afford health care now for 1.6 years.

I like the price drop, but we are so played. Run it up till they scream, then slowly loosen the gas noose, then repeat over and over and over ......... profiting Billions along the way.

Oh to be a Oil Executive.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I just read an article about how Gas Prices are still Rising as crude oil has dropped. Lots of profit to be made.

Gas Prices Rising while Crude Oil Drops to 100 dollars a barrel

edit on 5-5-2011 by dwmjr1985 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Welp, I paid 54.00 for 15 gallons today... I had 20 cents off on the gallon too as a perk from my local grocery store...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Is it just me or do these gas
prices seem rigged?

There is no gas shortage their just leaching
as much money as they can out of us..
RAPE

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

It is interesting... Hmmmmmmmmm

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Silver dropped because they have raised the minimums on margins 3 times recently.

They are actively trying to discourage people from buying on margin since they cannot actually deliver what they have sold.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It always amazes me how gas stations will IMMEDIATELY shift their prices up when there is an increase in crude oil prices. Yet when the price goes down, those same high prices will linger for weeks.

If that isn't price gouging I don't know what is. Who will do something about this? Our government seems too busy patting each other on the back still for the whole Bin Laden saga.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by colbyforce

I don't trust zerohedge.

I have caught them manipulating the truth too many times, it's really quite sad.
edit on 5-5-2011 by IndieA because: sp.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yeah.. but don't forget... If the Government raises taxes on gas. Corporations will raise the cost of gas.

They want their profit margin. They'll "let" the goverment get theirs.

They're gonna get theirs too.

With Soros dumping gold and silver, Mexico buying tons of gold for reserves, and China hourding cash..SOMETHING is coming.

And someone else knows but me.

What else is new?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I don't trust zerohedge.

I have caught them manipulating the truth too many times, it's really quite sad.

Well, it is a blog, and I admit it can be a bit slanted. Regardless, I still think there is alot that can be learned from Zerohedge.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbyforce

I don't trust zerohedge.

Well, it is a blog, and I admit it can be a bit slanted. Regardless, I still think there is alot that can be learned from Zerohedge.

There can be. Always do your own research though. There is bias in the majority of articles posted to that website.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

Silver dropped because they have raised the minimums on margins 3 times recently.

An 8% drop in one day should trigger some margin calls on commodities and maybe a short covering rally for the US dollar. I haven't looked at the open position data to see what kind of follow through we might expect but tomorrow is Friday and the Japanese stock market opened down about 2%.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
according to MSM talking heads, Oil is dropping because there is a vast oversupply in crude alread pumped and awaiting transport.

silver like its been reported has had 3 major increases of the margin requirement in the last ~10 ays or so...

jumping from around ~$4,000 up to a hefty ~$21,000
its said only the big players can afford these stakes...
they (the big money players) have circumvented the 'break JPM' silver shorts campaign begun by Max Keiser

it seems All commodities are getting a 8-10% haircut
but its only a matter of weeks for the clandestine QE2 money to get channeled through a serpentine money hose....and commodities to again go parabolic, at least thats how i see it....

today was a good day to buy gold, it was down ~$40 & i did a small transaction right under the wire at 4PM

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Notice how the rates for new speculative accounts are pretty high now, while the big money hedges can still enjoy relatively lower rates.

The are trying to squeeze out the smaller money from the silver market.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfpack 51

Hey Wolfpack, do you really believe the price of gas will ever go as low as $1.00 a gallon again?
I was under the impression that it would never happen.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
delete
edit on 7-5-2011 by cpdaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

according to MSM talking heads, Oil is dropping because there is a vast oversupply in crude alread pumped and awaiting transport.

silver like its been reported has had 3 major increases of the margin requirement in the last ~10 ays or so...

jumping from around ~$4,000 up to a hefty ~$21,000
its said only the big players can afford these stakes...
they (the big money players) have circumvented the 'break JPM' silver shorts campaign begun by Max Keiser

it seems All commodities are getting a 8-10% haircut
but its only a matter of weeks for the clandestine QE2 money to get channeled through a serpentine money hose....and commodities to again go parabolic, at least thats how i see it....today was a good day to buy gold, it was down ~$40 & i did a small transaction right under the wire at 4PM

well gold didn't get the real haircut......ags....silver and oil got pounded

what is the mechanism thru which u think this qe 2 money is going thru a "serpentine money hose"? the only mechanism i see is qe 3 being announced that sends commodity's higher or a significant breakdown in dollar index against other weakening currency's...and given the recent dollar bounce and time running out for qe 2 i see that possibility dwindling in the near term (60 days).the euro is overbought ....

bank credit is contracting and will continue to . bank excess reserves will remain high as their is low loan demand and less credit "worthiness" in the eyes of banks and a incentive to not lend and collect risk free interest from fed.

a risk off period for assets appears likely and if the dollar catches a meaningful rally then commodity's will get hammered and as qe 2 approaches the smart money gets out of stock while pomo's keep them from tanking....then post june 30'th ....stocks crash......some money flow in toward treasury's and gold as well. this will keep interest rates low which is NEEDED.....if for some reason money did not flow into treasury's ....it can be gauranteed qe 3 would be around the corner.

then as economic indicators continue to look like crap the political will for qe 3 as stock market tanks and takes investor confidence with it as rumors of double dips get louder and as commodity/inflation pressures temporarily yet forcefully decline around the world as dollar rallys commodity bubble unwinds save gold.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfpack 51
Ok, the price dropped significantly. Will it drop at the pump overnight?

NOT. If oil goes up any almost immediately the price rises by a few cents. Yet when it drops drastically, they very slowly bring the price down.

Oh well, I hope it drops to $45.00 a barrel, and a gallon of gas is back at $1.00. Then I will put $3.00 into the bank for every gallon of gas I buy. That means I put over $1000.00 a month in savings. So that is $12,000.00 a year. Then in two years I can pay cash for a car that gets 60 mpg. Yep, that means I can afford health care now for 1.6 years.

I like the price drop, but we are so played. Run it up till they scream, then slowly loosen the gas noose, then repeat over and over and over ......... profiting Billions along the way.

Oh to be a Oil Executive.

and a too big to fail bank w the fed as ur biggest lobbyist....who enjoys 100% days trading at a profit

new topics

top topics

join