It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli defense minister : Iran won't use nuke against Israel even if they get one

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well duh! If we could trust Stalin, Mao, Kim Jong Il and Pakistan with nukes, you can bet we can trust the Mullahs with it (if they were to get it)... Men in power don't care about religion, they care about POWER... and nuking Israel would make sure to put an end to that.

Iran won't use nuclear bomb against Israel: Barak

Even if Iran obtains nuclear weapons it will not use them against Israel or other countries in the Middle East, Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak told the Haaretz newspaper on Thursday.

The views expressed in the interview with the Israeli daily appear to put the defence minister at odds with many in the Israeli military and political establishment, including Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Iran will not drop a nuclear bomb on Israel, "not on us, not on any other neighbour," Barak told Haaretz. "I don't think in terms of panic," he added.

The warmongers propaganda is falling apart by the day... Palestine uniting, the myth of ``Iran nuking Israel the first chance they get`` being destroyed by Israeli defense minister...

This is getting good.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I have to admit that I was once sure that Israel and Iran would go toe to toe with the US in the middle of it all. It just looked too obvious. We have them almost surrounded, it would be easy enough to plant the intel or materials, then get a UN invasion order and take down the regime.

However, I never once thought about any side using an actual nuke on them. The fallout would be too grave. If iran launched on Israel, then it would essentially be over for Iran...period. the allied forces led by the UN and their Pitbull America would devastate them and anyone who tried to help them. China and Russia would likely not give a full committment to aiding them in a full scale war because of their financial investments and interests. So, it would be most of the world vs Iran, maybe Turkey and a few of the 'Stans. Not a fair fight at all.

On the flipside, Israel could never convince the US or UN that a nuke strike is necessary to protect themselves from big bad Iran. First off, there is too much oil infrastructure there and some major European and Asian pipelines. With so much Asian finance invested in America, the UN would never get the key US vote for such an action.

No, I do not believe there is a nuclear threat in the middle east from anyone now, or in the near future.

Personally, I think Iran should be allowed to develop nuclear tech like the rest of the world. I think it would go a long way towards helping to settle some things down over there. Let them show progress. Let their people feel like the world cares what happens to them and their way of live. Iranians in general love the western world. They just want a bigger piece of it for themselves and this type of tech would go along with that.

Besides, I have never agreed with the notion that only a few nations should hold the big guns while the rest just get sticks.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I always figured Iran wanted a nuclear bomb as a deterrent to Israel and America. Since the Iranian revolution, we've constantly meddled in Irans affairs.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz
I always figured Iran wanted a nuclear bomb as a deterrent to Israel and America. Since the Iranian revolution, we've constantly meddled in Irans affairs.

Since they had a democracy you mean? In 1953 with the overthrowing of Mossadeq?

Can you imagine how modern and free Iran would be today if it wouldn't have been for Mossadeq overthrow? Iran would be the shining beacon of the middle-east...

The extremists would have never been created... there would be a strong democracy, they would be rich since all the oil would be theirs...

Anyway, Iran would be a much better place today than it is now.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Iran has not initiated an attack on another country in over 200 years so why would anyone think they would nuke another country. Israel, yes but Iran no.

top topics

join