It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Insider: Obama Hesitated – Panetta Issued Order to Kill Osama Bin Laden

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The White House photographer is usually around during certain situations to document moments for posterity. This has been done for some time now going way back to the turn of the century.

Thats one possible explanation for the photo.
The other reason would be more political, which is to say a photo op to be used dueing re-election campaign, showing the president making the tough national security choices (provided the article here is not true).

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

For what it is worth, sometimes information is not as accurate as it should be in an effort to protect sources and other operations. Pinpointing precise dates / times could place sources / intel in danger of being exposed. From a law enforcement aspect I have seen this done to the media, where information is released that is not always 100% accurate to protect parts of the investigation.

This simply might be along those lines.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by centurion1211

This is very interesting... when I first saw this photo I wondered why Obama looks so angry. Maybe this story is true and the reason he looks so pissed off.

The other interesting thing about this picture is that a one-star general is sitting in Obama's seat while Obama is sitting off to the side in a clearly subservient location. I surmise that the general may be controlling the video feed from his computer, so that may be the reason. Also, Obama just came in after 9 holes of golf so he's still in his golf clothes, but even that is kind of strange. I suppose it could be explained that he just came in late. Since protocol is everything in politics this just seems strange to me.

Very astute observations. You bring up some great points.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Its so sad that an article like this would actually be taken seriously, with no sources at all. I love how it all ties up to President Obama being : incompetent,unsure,out of his league,wishy washy, friendly to Muslims etc etc
Another hate site for people who just have an agenda to discredit this president who was left a big pile of unpaid bills and two wars from the last president, Fact .
On a conspiracy website I would expect to find false information about government workings but this site has been over run with Obama haters plain and simple, every post seems to just lead back to the top ten things they have listed to continuously create doubt about our president and his qualifications.
How about the suggestion that Obama knew that Osama was already dead and that the CIA was going to sit him in a room and show him a fake video complete with a blackout to convince him and others that the operation had gone down? How about just one theory that promotes our president as being somewhat savvy to some of wool that has been collectively pulled over all our eyes ? I mean isn't it a little odd that all the theories on Obama paint him as unflatteringly as possible ?
I can't help but think after reading the stories about programs that allow a user to have multiple names and personal details, and the efforts to use these programs to make it appear all the comments on a story are skewed one way or another, to sway large segments of society to believe what they are thus feeling is really what the majority of Americans feel on a subject, that we really are at war on the internet...a war for truth.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Why on God's green Earth would a White House insider want to make Obama look weak?

This is just getting ridiculous.

I think the internet is about to implode.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

An intresting read but I dont completely buy it. For starters it would indicate the possibility of a coup. Military officers acting outside the direct authority of the president, initiating a military action against an allied country, not to mention assasinating the leader of a terrorist organization without authorization.

I thought of those reasons, too.

Then I thought what if obama truly is the weak president some say he is. AND they've been after OBL for all these years. AND this is their big chance to finally get him.

Just maybe it really did happen this way.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The source is a fraud. The "Insider" has been exposed in this excellent thread by Outkast Searcher. Hat tip to Black Marketeer for the link tip. The source is a fictitious fraud.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems the Anti Obama bashers are in full tilt Smearmonger mode to attempt to deprive our President of this astounding victory for justice.

I already pointed this out to you Centurion in this thread and you still started a thread about it?

Desperate much? :shk:
edit on 5-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

And I don't buy Hillary's "allergy" excuse for that photo. I'm guessing her thoughts are more like, "There's really that much blood in a person?".

Contrary to popular internet unsubstantiated rumor, they were not monitoring a live feed of the firefight in the compound.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
Contrary to popular internet unsubstantiated rumor, they were not monitoring a live feed of the firefight in the compound.

That is CORRECT and I AGREE.

(From another post of mine)

Denis McDonough Deputy National Security Advisor to the President who WAS EMPHATIC AND IN THE ROOM appeared on The Last Word. When Lawrence O'Donell inferred they watched it live on video. McDONOUGH WAS QUICK to correct Lawrence O'Donnell. Start @ 9:10.....at 10:40 Mr. McDonough CLARIFIES that false assertion. "I didn't say we were watching video in the situation room."

www.msnbc.msn.com...
(Note page takes a moment to load and you have to watch :30 TV Spot first.......sorry.)

edit on 5-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

And I don't buy Hillary's "allergy" excuse for that photo. I'm guessing her thoughts are more like, "There's really that much blood in a person?".

What was it then that had them all so enraptured - a recent Dancing with the Stars episode?

Or was it a staged photo op - itself a "lie" by definition?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
I already pointed this out to you Centurion in this thread and you still started a thread about it?

What do you think this is KK - you "report" and we all bow down and automatically accept it as gospel?

As John Titor would say, not on this worldline ...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

What was it then that had them all so enraptured - a recent Dancing with the Stars episode?

They had feed of the approach, and it has been reported they were watching a live satelite feed of the compound from above.

Leon Panetta, director of the CIA, revealed there was a 25 minute blackout during which the live feed from cameras mounted on the helmets of the US special forces was cut off.

www.telegraph.co.uk... 1ce3920772825%2C0

Mr Panetta said: “Once those teams went into the compound I can tell you that there was a time period of almost 20 or 25 minutes where we really didn’t know just exactly what was going on. And there were some very tense moments as we were waiting for information

“We had some observation of the approach there, but we did not have direct flow of information as to the actual conduct of the operation itself as they were going through the compound.”.

www.theblaze.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

What do you think this is KK - you "report" and we all bow down and automatically accept it as gospel?

Your source is suspect. Care to comment on the overwhelming evidence to support the "insider" is bogus or just spread disinfo.

Seriously desperate. I genuinely disappointed in your waning credibility criteria and escalating motive. Just keep feeding the uninformed internet haters with your low octane fuel though. But I'll offer you an out. At LEAST justify your source as credible or stand down on this one as you've allowed me in the past. Seems equitable, no?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Issuing an order to kill a Muslim terrorist is nothing like organizing a community protest. The lack of United Nations approval had to have Obama worried also.

This guy is in way over his head, and if it wasn't for the Bush policies Obama tried to dismantle, Osama would still be alive.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Carseller4 because: 5 sec rule

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I doubt it happened that way (and after seeing that the link / source is a fraud, that confirms it). Going forward with a hypothetical argument though, if it occured in that manner, with the military and CIa over riding the President, then we have some serious issues that go beyond Obama being perceived as week,

I dont care how good intentioned they may have been acting, there is no standing to "over ride" the President. They all took an Oath to protect and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Hesitation on the side of the commander in chief in this particular instance would not rise to the occasion of violating the constitution.

If anything, and again going forward as a hypothetical situation, they both took the same oath as the President. The President is in charge of the military. There is a reason we have a civilian head of the military.

I dont care if the Joint Chiefs hate the plans Obama decides on, they dont get to second guess or over ride him. Neither does the CIA, and any acceptance of that type undermines the very foundation the Government was built on. I will take my chances with a weak President and vote, rather than take the chances of a military / civilian coup that could make the Obama administration look like the Golden Age of Rome.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Would come as no surprise. Panetta was the CIA director. Of course he wanted to go in, involving his " assets".

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

The source is a fraud. The "Insider" has been exposed in this excellent thread by Outkast Searcher. Hat tip to Black Marketeer for the link tip. The source is a fictitious fraud.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Abouit all that thread says is that no one knows who Ulsterman is and no one knows who the Insider is and that he blogs, therefore it's all a fraud. There's no definitive answer in that thread and it is hardly excellent. If you've read this thread carefully you will see there is plenty of doubt here as well, but to declare that "the source is a fictitious fraud" is a complete overstatement. Even the circumstantial evidence is weak. The Insider has NOT been "exposed" at all.

It seems the Anti Obama bashers are in full tilt Smearmonger mode to attempt to deprive our President of this astounding victory for justice.

And the Obama acolytes have found this thread, quick to defend their Lightworker Prez by propping up the cardboard cut-out and setting up the teleprompter. Bear in mind that "our President," whether or not he actually did this at all, did so because of the CIA, waterboarding, the SEALS, wiretapping, and policies and procedures put into place by Bush, all of which he decried in his campaign. Now, after the fact, Obama and his cronies have messed up the story line so badly and changed it so many times that much of the world doesn't even believe Osama is dead. It took Al Qaida, for Godsakes, to confirm it! The world, and this country in particular, would be much better off if Obama spent the rest of his presidency golfing and left the important decisions to grown-ups.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Honestly your reply reminds me of a yard sale with tid bits of worthless junk strewn about. The throng of Obama bashers are in a tizzy over his recent string of successes. And aside from silencing the Birthers and ending the reign of terror by OBL, his political foes head's are also exploding. The Ryan plan is DOA and even Boehner and Cantor don't even endorse it, but I digress.

On topic:

No matter how the actual time line / protocol leading to OBL's elimination occurred, the end justifies the means. Obama will FOREVER be remembered as the President who finished the job. As the old saying goes, "Success has a hundred fathers" hence all the clingers. ( 2nd place = 1st loser.
)

History honors firsts and remembers shining achievements, it pays little homage to stepping stones. Unless a credible, named source can refute the OS, this will be remembered as a defining moment in history for all of eternity. You can't un-ring a bell.

edit on 6-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Or was it a staged photo op - itself a "lie" by definition?

I think Hillary was alarmed at all the dead bodies laying on the floor.
That allergy story is BS. Remember her - sniper - story?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It sure sounds like Obama to just vote "present" and go golfing.
I feel sorry for Leon Panetta.
I can see him shaking his head and saying to himself " I will have to make the decision and
assassinate Osama bin Laden."

Obama prefers still to sit around and wait for the next Photo Op.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realms
Would come as no surprise. Panetta was the CIA director. Of course he wanted to go in, involving his " assets".

Leon Panetta sure spilled the beans on NBC.
The water boarding ordered by president George W. Bush led directly to the couriers name.
We followed the courier to Osamas front door.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
After that, it was a simple choice. Send in the B-2 Stealth Bombers or the Stealth Helicopters?

Well done Seal Team 6.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join