It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is this apartment haunted ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I live in hampshire park apartments in Hobart Indiana. Ive been here since Feburary. Before that in lived in a house in Hobart for 6 years. Im not a drinker, or drug user. I live with girl and her 2 kids. We both work and lead normal lives.

Since Ive lived here something strange is happening. It started from when we first moved in. I hear things all day long, but chalk it up to apartment life. Then last week it got wierd.

I was sitting in the living room talking to my girl in the midafternoon. While she was saying something, I was looking out of our sliding glass door from my chair. Both the door and screen were open so the cats can come and go. While she was talking, I watched the screen door slide open another 6 inches or so. no wind, no cats, kids were at their dads house. Just me and her. I stopped her in mid-sentence and told her. We went outside on the balcony, no breeze at all. I let that go..

Then this past monday night I came home from work and started walking up the 3 flights of stairs to get home. As I appraoched the last step I was getting my keys out and went to insert them into the door, when someone buzzed me in. It was at the exact same time as me going for the handle!!!Just like someone was watching me. Now remember this. I get home from work at 2:30- 3:00 AM. There are only 8 apartments on this floor. We know nobody here. No one pulled in with me there. No one was outside that I saw. No one definitly came in before or after me. When I entered our floor, I expected to see someones head pop out of their apartment...nothing....silence...

Now I'm getting weirded out...

So last night I set up my webcam, and I'm messin with the "make a video" thing. Im setting it up to record the living room when I go to bed. I'm thinking, "ok...this might catch something..how cool would that be?" so I aim the cam, look at the image and realize its to to dark in here, so I go to my right here and pull the chain on fan for the light. POP!! one of the bulbs burns out (out of 3) but it blows a fuse here. It was allready running with the fan on, only one bulb burned out, but that was enough to cause the fuse to blow? well, it just happens that this computer must be on the same circuit, cuz it cut out to.

Now that last one got me a little freaked out. Not so much by itself, but added up with the other 3? I dont know...you think I got something here?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well since it is august now i would have to know the exact times that these occerances happend. If you could tell me this i have a few theories and leads as to what is going on in your appartment. I have looked up alot on your appartment and allthough the landscapeing is nice it kinda seems like a creepy place (probably just the trees). So just tell me what times these happend and i can fill you in.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I cant quote exact times, but these are pretty close... the sliding-door incident happened around 8 PM. The buzzer was around 2 AM, and the light was about the same time. The really weird thing is that this all happened in about a 3-4 day time frame. BAM BAM BAM. Kinda wierd.

One more thing to note. My wifes aunt and uncle both died the week before. Now, I've never met them, and she wasnt particulary close to either one, but it does seem kinda weird. Its been quiet now, but Ill wait and see...

[edit on 4-8-2004 by sublime4372]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Obtain holy water and blessed salt from a priest, and bless your home with it often. If this doesn't stop the incidents, ask a priest to come to your home and bless your house.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hmm weird, that would make me rather nervous heh

As for the fan light, i've had that problem with my old fan light, so I don't think it'd be down to ghosts.
Several times i'd put the light on and it'd blow a fuse.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
see, i would think that any of these things alone would mean nothing (expcept maybe that buzzer on the door). but when they all add up its weird..

then last night....i swear...i'm sitting on the bed watching tv and i felt something pinch the bottom of my feet...lol...i swear, im not makin this up..anyrate, i work on my feet, so maybe it was nerves or something. but ill say this much: i havent felt that before, and i was off yesterday.

I think that i pay more attention now, than before...oh well, ill keep this updated. would love to here from anyone who has similar expieriences..

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Please, keep updating this thread, it's interesting to read of your experiences.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Sounds intresting,

Maybe you should go and check the history out of the place,

Also keep a note of all the things that happen,

has this only happened in this place or has anything else like this happened to you or your G/f before?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
ive looked this place up on the internet everyway i could, and havent found anything. Ive seen and heard a few different things over my time, but not like this.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hmm could it maybe the children? check out the post made by gazrok on this thread,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As I also had things happen similar in my own home, and after a chat with gazrok along time ago I discovered that my little sis may have been the cause of the activity, almost as a trigger to the happenings,

But in my case when she got angry things would happen, like a door opening, or something falling off the wall....

Sounds odd buts its another approach to look at.

[edit on 5-8-2004 by asala]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I wonder if maybe when you heard these strange noises you began to hope for something supernatural...then when a few things happened out of the normal you attributed it to that one possibility.

I'm not trying to berate your experiences or turn it into some psychosomatic thing, but sometimes if we really want something to be true our brain will trick us into thinking it's the truth...

A couple questions:
Is your sliding glass door really stiff or easy to open?
When the fuse blew, were you able to switch it back on and did you get anything on the camera?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
thanks asala, but no. the way our apartment is noone in mine could have seen me coming, not to mention, i went in the door we dont normally use, thus our buzzer wouldnt buzz me in that side. also, its about 2:30 in the morining. my 7 year old was out cold.

the thing on my foot last night wasnt when i was asleep or close to it. was just sitting there and felt it. it started lightly then increased. not to a painfull point, just to where i could definitly feel it.

thanks for taking me at face value here people. i appreciate that...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Have you tried asking what ever it is what it wants?

What sort of feel do you get form your place?

Does you or your family feel threatened by it.

[edit on 5-8-2004 by asala]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I wonder if maybe when you heard these strange noises you began to hope for something supernatural

like i said before, the door thing i kinda wrote off as nothing. I mean, i saw it move, that Im sure of. But Im not the type that thinks "Oh MAN! this is a ghost!"

Is your sliding glass door really stiff or easy to open?

id say normal. not much either way. not real loose though, and like i said, it was calm out.

When the fuse blew, were you able to switch it back on and did you get anything on the camera?

i flipped the switch and it came back on. I hadnt started to record on the cam yet. Its a basic webcam, and has a limit on how long and how many mbs it can save. i was just toolin with it.

just odd that all of it happens at once. Oh, by the way. I understand where your going with that "pyschosematic" stuff. I would be inclined to think the same. But all i can say is, I know what i saw. and that door buzzer is something i dont think ill ever get out of head. out of the three, that was wild. i dont know how to explain that or the door. the light? sure, but not those 2

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
asala---- Im pretty new with this stuff, so id say no. I dont anything "evil" here, at the same time though, when its late and im up alone, i dont feel alone. if that makes sense. ive worked nights forever, like at least 10 years now, and until recently lived alone. Im not "scared" of the dark, or things that go BOOM. but im gettin a weird feeling here.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
well, here we go again....my wife said she woke up last night, because of the way i sat down on the bed. funny thing is, i was in the shower. when i got out, she asked me if i came and sat on the bed before i got in, i didnt. all i did was walk thru the room to the bathroom. not a sound. somethings up here...

new topics

top topics

join