It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take the 2011 ATS User Survey

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I don’t know what a social networking/media site is. So I just clicked sometimes.

You're kidding, right? I mean, I don;t use them myself, but you'd have to be living in a cave to have never heard of Facebook, MySpace, or Twitter, etc.

All these and many more are frequently mentioned in ATS threads. What do you think of when you come across these terms? They are ubiquitous in today's world - even if, like me, you are holding out on joining the masses...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Well I did my bit though I had to raise my income bracket cause the survey was in USD..

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I like the idea that ATS owners have taken the time to evaluate the interests of it members. Kudos

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I think an ATS app is long overdue. If I had one wish above all others, it would be that.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Haha, me too, but didn't want to say too much in case it hit a raw nerve. Great for buying the classic cars at the moment though!! Hubby's rapt.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Can't wait till the first poll! Like do you think OBL is in hell (kidding!)

Will anyone be able to create one? Say if we pay some points or something

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
my mom also has an account but I'd like to take the poll as well, however it says i need a survey code, and there can only be one per computer. any suggestions?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The idea of an ATS magazine is pretty awesome! I know that other, much less organised, organizations have released quarterly magazines in the past and have been extremely successful. The Atlantic Paranormal Society used to have a magazine called "TAPS Paramagazine" that was pretty awesome and did pretty well.

Monthly magazines could be considered a little more of a financial gamble but there is enough interest in ATS-related content that I would imagine they'd do just fine either way. Plus, you could do all the production and editing in-house.

ATS is more a network of on-lookers than an organization focusing on a very specific group of people that believe only in UFO's or only in the paranormal. A magazine should be more likely to succeed.

Being able to hear the ATS radio show on my way home from work is also pretty exciting!

I'm not so sure about needing separate sections of the forums containing "experts" only content. ATS is already a conglomerate of amazingly intelligent, talented and fun people. Plus, alot of people would feel left out. IMO, if you have a nagging curiosity on a subject you purchase published books related to the topic or you do some in-depth research on your own (call me old fashioned). The great thing about this world is not all of the information is right within your grap. That's what makes ATS great though! There's still mystery in this world.

-ChriS

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Oh, I didn’t know that s what they are called.

And thank you for the warm caring way your reply came through. (Sarcasm back at ya.)
Is it possible for anyone around here to give an answer without the bitterness or belittling? Geeez.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
According to my survey I'm a 50 year old government agent who makes a quarter of a million dollars every year and is always on the site but doesn't like anything posted on it. Score!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I took the survey and I am interested to see what future surveys there will be, and what change or future features the results of these surveys will create.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
We've had 1,825 respondents so far, 40% of which are not ATS members.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Ha ha! Well, I hope you built in an error curve then.

As a deconstructive energy- I was pretty lost on all the positive questions 'what do you want'.
I'm much more loquacious when faced with 'what do you dislike'.

It was a painful for me and took a long time and much soul searching, but its done.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Reply to post by SkepticOverlord

How is the app doing I'm the voting now?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Survey is done. I wasn't too sure about a few of my answers so I cheated off of the guy next to me. He had a British accent, he had to be smart. So I feel I at least past.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I would like the option to make polls within our threads. Sorry so short thats all I had to say.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Bill, while I like the idea of the survey (and I took it), some of the questions could still benefit from a bit more thought. For example, being married and having children can be exclusive events: one does not have to connect to the other.
Is there a "not in a partner relationship but have children" option? I don't recall it, so my apologies if there is. Also, some of us are at the age where we have children but they are not dependent on us... People with "adult children" is also a useful demographic, because our spending priorities are often very different.

I rated the glossy magazine very low for several reasons, one of the main ones being that to make it work you'd probably need at least 70% of the pages devoted to advertising. However, if you were to produce a journal, that might be a different matter. People who buy journals (like Natl. Geographic, for example) tend to keep them for long periods. This increases their value for potential advertisers and can also therefore reduce the total amount of ads required. (NG runs around 8 to 10% ads.) If there was a way to set up a separate entity (as an NFP foundation) that produced the journal, I think it might be attractive to more members.

Did anyone proof-read the survey before it was released? If so, could it be done again? I was a bit dismayed to see errors in it.

Mike
edit on 6/5/11 by JustMike because: nvm

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

You need to sort out your genitals.... you are either a man or woman.... sort it out!!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
i hit next and it keeps taking me back to page 1 and resets the field

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I took the survey..

I chose the "I never leave" option.

I would like to see more radio station access, mobile integration,
and an actual news service that has been kicked around a few times
on ATS but has never materialized in full force.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join