It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Signs That The Collapse Of Our Modern World Has Already Begun.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I don't know if you meant to insult me or not but calling me a lunatic only made me laugh after reading all your comments.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Good article. What blows me away is how............I'll just say it: stupid the vast majority of people have become in the USA. Point number 11 is IMO the most salient point about the fall of this era in history. The vast majority of people are CLUELESS about the financial status of the US and the western world. They're CLUELESS about the hazards of eating packaged processed food. They're CLUELESS about politics and current events, outside of the garbage they lap up from the corporate/government controlled and owned media. They're CLUELESS that China will overtake the US within the next decade economically. No one reads books anymore, especially real history.

I seriously can't have an engaging conversation with most people because I don't watch American Idol and I could give half a # about Justin Bieber or Lady Gagarbage. It actually scares me how zombified people have become because of mass media. Most people do not question anything anymore. Questioning and being critical of government and media is how our country came about, and the lack of it will be our demise.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
We are,for sure,on the downward side of a politico/socio/economic collapse....and its engineered and its gonna be a bad one....for a look at what wll happen when our inflation hits 2-400%,check out this link...its words of wisdom from the Argentine collapse of 2001..
ferfal.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by REalBEL

You did fine. It brought to mind another journey with two threads I took on just these similar topics here.

Jesse V! the following thread was direct outcropping of this one....

"We Shall Overcome"

This can make us stronger or weaker...it is up to us.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Indian scientists recently established a link between cell phone towers and bee and butterfly population collapses this story never made western media and wont.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix
Indian scientists recently established a link between cell phone towers and bee and butterfly population collapses this story never made western media and wont.

Do you have some link?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Sorry dont know how to post a link but its easily googled,do some research on the human effects of these towers too.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I think that theres going to be an attack soon very soon and then they will slap the real id on everyone meaning the us especially because of terrorist security problems blahh blahhh Plus haarp UH i have pics of some clouds here in CT (USA) not normal!!!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I alluded to this in my post on Page 2 of this thread, about half way down the page:

"There's also talk that the bees are dying from microwaves & EMF (electro magnetic frequency) poisoning."

I first heard about in "From Here to Andromeda" -- a DVD put out by David Sereda in 2007. So that info has been around for more than four years. Yes, it also affects butterflies, which I neglected to mention.

I'm glad the Indian scientists have established a link, and taken it out of the realm of speculation.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

reply to post by RUSSO

Sorry dont know how to post a link but its easily googled,do some research on the human effects of these towers too.

I already did.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This is a wonderful thread thanks Russo for getting this one going.

I am also highly concerned about the increasing deterioration of the ecosystems globally, due to our wastefulness and careless methods of dumping it all over the place.

To the guy who said on the last page, that it's only America collapsing you are totally brainwashed and ignorant.

Oh so the Europeans, Chinese, South Americans, etc, are IMMUNE TO POLLUTION? WOW! What an amazing discovery!

Hey guys, only Americans are susceptible to toxic chemicals, that means everything is going to be fine and dandy for everyone else! Poor Americans they should have learned how to be invincible like everyone else....

See how ridiculous that claim really is?

Newsflash for the newbies --- China and India are the most polluted and highest volume polluters in the world. Their lands are becoming uninhabitable for the foreseeable future due to the corporate greed and lack of any safety or environmental protection measures.

No wonder the international corporations flocked to China and India! Slaves will work for nothing all day, and the Govt doesn't mind if you dump all the waste material in the backyard!

It's total fantasy to think any nation will survive such a disaster.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

Do you have some link?

I typed into Google "Indian link cell tower bee".

And look at what I found!
Google search link

Over 3.1 million hits.
That's pretty scary.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Do you have some link?

I typed into Google "Indian link cell tower bee".

And look at what I found!
Google search link

Over 3.1 million hits.
That's pretty scary.

It certainly does not tell us anything

Thanks muzzleflash.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razz123
Can someone plz make a thread with my provided link. Im new and cant.

www.fema.gov...

Everyone should know about this

Razz123, I posted this for you under the heading;

"New Madrid Seismic Zone FEMA Exercise for May 2011 -- Reason for Osama Drama?"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm feeling really paranoid today -- I've had nothing but problems accessing this site & trying to post. Pages take forever to paint in. I'm not having any problems accessing other sites.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by anilater
reply to post by RUSSO

8. I actually laughed at this, we've been genetically modifying plants and animals for thousands of years, take an agricultural history class. Wool in sheep for instance is actually an incredible recessive trait, grain has been modified since the earliest farmers, to increase their production, literally thousands of years ago. It's not something new, it may have accelerated but it isn't new, and by and large isn't unsafe.

Read "The Seeds of Destruction." What Monsanto has done is not the same thing as what you're talking about.

In fact I think its worst.

That reminds me, I talked to someone who saw the documentary "Food, Inc." -- she said she would never be ble to eat chicken again. What was revealed was that bad.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WayfaringStranger

Originally posted by amaster
But what good is power and money when the Earth is poisoned, the masses are dead or dying, the economy is collapsed and all that TPTB sought to rule has be destroyed? What's left?

Good question, and one for which most of us don't have a coherent answer. Chemtrails. "They have to breathe the same air as we do, don't they?" Toxic waste and radiation. "They have to eat the same food (more or less) and drink the same water as we do, don't they?" Yet, they act is if they're immune. Maybe they are. Or, maybe they know something we don't know. Like an approaching extinction level event...environmental collapse, Planet X, pole shift, coronal mass ejection, etc., take your pick. If they do know something "big" is coming, and there's nothing they can do about it (other than preemptively triggering disasters to better manage the outcomes), wouldn't the world look pretty much the way it looks today? As if they know their time is short, and somebody's hitting the panic button?

Actually, if you have a lot of money, there are all kinds of things you can do to protect yourself. If money is not an object, you can have the finest air filtration systems, water purification systems, organic foods, medical care, etc.

But I think you've hit on something here: something big is about to happen. The Elite know and they're not sharing it with the peons. We can only play with bits of the puzzle that have dropped out and guess.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

That reminds me, I talked to someone who saw the documentary "Food, Inc." -- she said she would never be ble to eat chicken again. What was revealed was that bad.

Take some time and rent the vid (I think you can find it on youtube or google vids). You will never forget.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Originally posted by stygmartyrZA
I feel like crying..

Why are they doing this to the people of this earth?

I think the answer lies in the definition of they, and the lack of humanity they possess,
and by lack of humanity, the possibility is that they are not human at all.

Do you think that in some boardroom somewhere, a bunch of dudes are rubbing their hands together, twirling their mustaches, and laughing maniacally as they concoct another "Evil Plan"? Of course there isn't. There is no "Illuminati" no "Brotherhood of Evil" or whatever else.

Do you have a can of Campbell's chicken noodle soup in your home? Most people do, so if you don't, just bear with me.

Inside this can of chicken noodle soup are carrots, pasta, often peas, and of course, chicken. The broth is made from chicken, onions, salt, "preservatives" and what have you. All of these are produced on a massive quantity. The grains and vegetables are certainly not likely to be local to your area, and just as certainly, they're grown with lots of fertilizers and -cides (fungicides, pesticides, weed killers, you name it) . Without a doubt, the chickens that laid the eggs for the pasta, as well as supplied the meat and carcasses for the soup and broth, were grown in filthy battery farms. The animals here are mutilated and conditions demand a constant diet of antibiotics and hormone treatments. of course, all their "unusables" end up flushed into the local sewer. Then all this stuff is packed into a steel, tin-lined and laminated can, wrapped with heavily-treated paper and glue, stacked into a box and covered with polyvinyl chloride plastic wrap, and shipped via truck to a central headquarters, where it's unpacked, re-packed, and shipped to your store, consuming who knows how much fossil fuel.

So to recap. We have animal torture, biological and chemical pollution on ENORMOUS levels (farming, agriculture, mining, and fossil fuel production), addition of toxins to the food supply (the "preservatives" and can laminates) and an enormous amount of wasted paper and fossil fuels.

Because you wanted a can of soup. Because picking that can of soup off the shelf at the store was just more convenient than picking up the composite ingredients and making your own soup or - let's get crazy - growing your own celery, carrots, and peas, raising and slaughtering your own chickens, and buying flour from the community mill.

American consumers have it in their heads that they have a god-given right to cheap and convenient merchandise. We do not. When your prices go down, someone else's cost goes UP. When things become easier for you, things become harder for someone else. That shirt at Wal-Mart is cheaper because they use slaves to make it. it's convenient for you to go to that Wal-Mart, but doing so contributes to putting your own neighbors out of business, and suppresses the wages of your other neighbors who work at that Wal-Mart.

These fourteen problems are simply things that we've brought upon our own heads by dint of our own stupidity and sense of entitlement. The only real tragedy is that, much as it was feared that our banks would take hte rest of the economy down if they failed, we in "the west" are going to take the rest of the world down with us when we go down, because we will not step in to protect a woman getting murdered in front of us, but we'll be god-damned if we'll let our cheap and easy lives of entitled convenience slip away from us.

WOW! Why hasn't this post received 50 million stars yet? Is it because the poster is absolutely RIGHT and we as humans don't want to face the harsh reality?

It's easy to put blame on someoen else by saying "why are they doing this to us!?" but when the mirror is spun around to reflect you, the room suddenly goes quiet. How much is a can of chicken noodle soup.. a dollar? You had to pay a measly dollar of your wages to enjoy a soup that was invested through plain old savage butchery. Do you think these poor animals have anything to say when they are grilling on your barbecue in the summer? Instead of taking it off the source of heat, we continue to grill and grill, and then we garnish with sauces and spices. And THIS isn't evil?
But then somebody does it to you in, what seems like, some sort of laboratory test rat experiment and all of a sudden it's grounds for a demanding of an explanation?

People are ignorant. They are born into this world and are rasied with biased beliefs that:
1. Nothing WILL happen to them in their lifetime ("it can't possibly!!!")
and
2. Nothing SHOULD happen to them in their lifetime ("I don't deserve it!! I'm a human!")

I think the appropriate psychological term we are scrambling for here, is the "normalcy bias". Look it up.

Why are we any more important than the animals, insects, plants, dinosaurs, even bacteria? Anything of organic substance? Because we aere able to comprehend and produce "language", and since we can communicate clearly with this language, we feel we are entitled to the creme de la creme of everything we want in life. Things are no longer a necessity to live, like they were before electricity was invented. Now they're ALL luxuries. You get to have your cake, and eat it too. And now, a very real threat exists that could potentially take away these luxuries and you're whining about why they're "doing this to us"?

Maybe we should start preparing and shrug off some of that laziness. maybe then we'd succeed in surviving as a union.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
GMO is bad news, I switched my whole diet to organic, it's costing me an arm and a leg, but I am way happier, healthier, and actually producing less waste. I suggest everyone try it. You can also grow your own berries and what not fun stuff at home. Spend less going to the doctor and on heartburn medicine if you eat right. So it balances out avoid anything not made by mother earth. And avoid almost everything created by papa man.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I hate to be stickler, but you could have made it an even 15 if you'd decided to included "Reality Anything" or "Extreme Anything" to the list

edit on 8-5-2011 by CosmosKid because: spelling

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join