It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go back to bed America, your government has figured it out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

"A man, who seeks the truth and loves it, must be considered precious to any human society" - Frederick the Great

Everybody is entitled to their own opinions. That is probably the main ethos of this site. To come here and discuss, to air our views about particular topics and above all to deny ignorance.

However this situation regarding Osama Bin Laden seems to be setting a disturbing precedent. One whereby to question one's government is wrong and that we must blindly accept whatever it is our government officials tell us.

That to question is to be "crazy" or to be a "conspiracy loon."

The amount of anger and contempt from some ATS members over various theories is alarming. Almost as if to suggest that to have a view contrary to that of the government is forbidden. I've seen some ATS members use words such as "Judas" or "traitor" in their posts in relation to those who are questioning what the White House is saying.

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” – Buddha

Well this story being put forward in regards to the death of Osama Bin Laden (or alleged death if you will) does not agree with my own reason and common sense. I have thought, I have asked legitimate questions and I believe what is being said is odd and suspicious.

That does not make me paranoid or crazy, rather the contrary. I am neither hysterical or alarmist in my thoughts, instead I am rational and logical.

To lambast and ridicule those who scrutinise what the government says is to head down a slippery slope, one which I fear America is already on and has been on for a while.

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president... is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

This is where it will be heading soon if it isn't already. People have a right to question and it's important that they do so.

I'll leave you with some other quotes to ponder on and which hopefully will illustrate some of the points i've made.

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” – Albert Einstein

“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.” – Winston Churchill

“Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.” – Albert Einstein

“The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power, because they control the minds of the masses.” - Malcolm X

“Everybody is in favour of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people’s idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone says anything back, that is an outrage.” – Winston Churchill

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." – Gandhi

Finally this one which is also my signature:

“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” – Martin Luther King

Those of us who are entertaining or speculating on certain theories should remember that not everybody will want to believe them or even acknowledge them. That's the beautiful thing about having an opinion, it allows us to be individuals with freedom of expression. Regardless of your stance on the Osama Bin Laden issue nobody's views should be stifiled because they may not agree with your own.

And as J. Edgar Hoover said:

“The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists.”

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The very last thing Bill Hicks says in that vid: "Go back to bed America, You are free to do, as we tell you!" That sums it up right there. We are free to submit to the TSA. We are free to feel afraid all the time, of possible Islamicist retaliation. We are free to be in the middle of another apocalyptic False Flag.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
We in this country just aren't " free " to begin with. It is a sad day, when questioning authorities is frowned upon by the establishment. Our once embraced way of life, has become a mockery, a true example of a tyrannical dictatorship.

We are no longer a free society...we are servants to our masters.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Yes the fear of retaliation, that's a good point.

We've been living in fear of more attacks since 9/11. Al Qaeda is omnipotent they say, Al Qaeda is all powerful and pervasive. Yet the United States hasn't suffered an attack in ten years, yet still we should be afraid.

Has America not suffered an attack due to the efficiency and professionalism of their intelligence agencies? How can that be so when Bin Laden was supposedly sitting under their nose all this time? How much is the CIA budget again?

Maybe it's because Al Qaeda is incompetent, in which case we have no need to be so frightened.

But now they tell us we should be afraid now that Bin Laden has been killed because THEY will want to attack us.

But the U.S government won't release photos of Bin Laden incase it encourages more attacks, even though we're already supposedly under massive threat of attack anyway so in the end it wouldn't make much difference.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
When did America ever get out of bed in the first place?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Justice Robert Jefferson (1892-1954) U. S. Supreme Court Justice
"The price of freedom of religion, or of speech, or of the press, is that we must put up with, and even pay for, a good deal of rubbish."

What price, freedom? Is it to have our choice of tv stations? Satellite radio? Fries with that?
Sure.
But the true price we pay for freedom is the potential for harm every day. Whether it be from speech, from the barrel of a gun, from the arms from an enemy. We suffer for our freedom. Each and ever day. Many now think that we need not have to suffer the potential pains that freedom delivers. They want to protect us from that "potential" harm.
But it is that potential for harm that makes freedom taste so sweet. It is valuable only because it is at risk of loss each and every day. When something is not held in esteem, it losses its value. When something isn't treasured it no longer needs to be kept.
The true value of freedom, the "cost" is measured in each American. It is measured in each immigrant that dreams of coming to our shores.
Devalueing the dollar is simple math.

Devlueing freedom is a more insideous process. Because it tears at the core of what we used to be. It devalues our soul. It cheapens our dreams, our hopes, our goals.

What cost freedom?
edit on 5-5-2011 by beezzer because: spelling ????

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
George Carlin also spoke some wise words, especially his comment about critical thinking.

edit on 5/5/11 by Kram09 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Please refer to Video in next post

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president... is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

All that needs to be said

edit on 5-5-2011 by MinorityReporter because: My youtube account is gone

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Thanks for the post Nice collection of quotes. S+F

Bill Hicks R.I.P.
edit on 5-5-2011 by MinorityReporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread, but thought it was worth posting here too.

top topics

join