It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you think we're crazy do you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
While it's true there are people that conspire. The ones listed by the OP were not uncovered by ATS members. Many of them were uncovered by the PTB itself. The ones we aren't supposed to trust. Others were exposed by the MSM, who is supposedly deluding us.

Sitting in an armchair basing conspiracy theories on YouTube videos and websites that are unreliable or out to make money is a lot different than the responsible investigation and subsequent exposure of the conspiracies listed by the OP. Nowadays, we are bombarded by half baked theories and hoaxers. Weeding through this creates a diversion from real concerns and is not healthy. ATS would do well to ban repeated offenders, that is, those who consistently miss the mark of honesty and sound reasoning when posting theories.

More and more this site loses credibility. I read less and believe less than half of what I read.

Just sayin.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by ucantcme

Yet some people...Yes even ATSers condemn people for "out of the realm of possibility" conspiracies??

Obama birth certificate
9/11
Osama Bin Laden
HAARP
Bush/Cheney administration
Aliens/UFO's

I mean the list goes on and on and there are WAAAAAY too many people who refuse to even consider the possibilty of something other than the "official story"

I might point out that many of those out poo-pooing the things on your list are shills. Some may be merely unable to accept the implications and therefore deny it regardless of information, but many, as I said, are here with the express purpose of creating the impression that many think the evidence is meaningless and that We are all crazy.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucantcme
reply to post by jude11

There are many conspiracies throughout history. But for some reason most people seem to think your crazy if you believe any are happening now. I really don't get it.

I had to quote this again! I'm with You. I don't grasp the idea that, sure, there's LOTS of evidence of past conspiracy - history is replete with examples - but there's no conspiracy NOW!

I'm not sure how They rationalize that. Somehow Humans have ended any motive to conspire? I haven't seen that. In fact, I see burgeoning evidence of motive to conspire. So why would anyOne think no One is conspiring now???

I guess it's an inability to face the implications.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
While it's true there are people that conspire. The ones listed by the OP were not uncovered by ATS members. Many of them were uncovered by the PTB itself. The ones we aren't supposed to trust. Others were exposed by the MSM, who is supposedly deluding us.

I'll bet it was NOT the PTB that did the discovering. Maybe higher in the ranks of the enslaved did the discovering, but TPTB Themselves... Not.

Sitting in an armchair basing conspiracy theories on YouTube videos and websites that are unreliable or out to make money is a lot different than the responsible investigation and subsequent exposure of the conspiracies listed by the OP. Nowadays, we are bombarded by half baked theories and hoaxers. Weeding through this creates a diversion from real concerns and is not healthy. ATS would do well to ban repeated offenders, that is, those who consistently miss the mark of honesty and sound reasoning when posting theories.

And do You suppose that TPTB might not have people deliberately adding to this confusion? I'm betting They do. Banning will not solve the issues. "New" users will pop up that speak and act much like the "banned" people... The best We can hope for is that Our ability to discern is well honed.

More and more this site loses credibility. I read less and believe less than half of what I read.

Just sayin.

Only by deliberate design, I say. ATS is a target because it hits so close to home. I read much and look for patterns. I'm willing to wade through the tripe They (Their minions) put out here in an effort to marginalize the concept that being Conspiracy Aware is insane either by stating so or by putting totally whackadoodle ideas out to drain energy.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

It makes sense to consider the possibility that TPTP may tell on themselves or leak a conspiracy for strategic reasons. Too assume every story we read in the MSM is somehow backed by such conspiracy borders on paranoia.

I choose to consider the input and make a reasonable judgement on the validity of the news, whatever it is. Reading ATS, you would think that every headline is some sort of conspiracy or dis-information. IMO this simply isn't the case and less than 1% of the headlines is part of some agenda to make us think or act in a certain way.

That said, I can tell you from personal experience that the press usually gets the details wrong on the first cut. This isn't dis-info or conspiracy, it's incompetence.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard

Just sayin.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

While what you said has some truth to it, the point of this thread was not to say "Hey look what ATS uncovered" It was to give examples of various conspiracies that have happened in the past for the people who think that they are a figment of the imagination. From the msm news of late to people in your personal life who mock you becasue you look into conspiracy theories. They happened in the past and they are happening now.

Yes there are a lot of half baked theroies and hoaxers but it is the job of the truth seeker to weed through the junk and try and get to the bottom of the theories that have overwhelming evidence to support them. There are just as many credible people trying to get to the bottom of things as there are who hoax, maybe even more. I for one do not let them discourage me in my quest for truth and knowledge.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ucantcme

Yeah !
That's all you is : A bunch of whack-a-doodle, disconnected from reality, three-sheets-to-the-wind-on-drugs, wingnut, goofball, outta control, silly conspiracy theorists !!!

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ucantcme

Conspiracy theory is simply a label that demonizes people
that doubt the word of prominent habitual liars. It is very
much a spell that enables the evil doer. I know how that
sounds and I said it any way. The real flakes are those that
believe lies from people who lie and don't even have to care
if it's good lie. Why even take time to make up a good lie
when if it comes back to them they just say two words and
it's squashed? Are the Clintons powerful murdering baby raping
animal molesting psychopaths pretending to be human beings?

CONSPIRACY THEORY! Squashed. Pretty much a license to do
what they want and never be bothered about it by anyone.
I wonder who's blood Hillary is drinking right now? Or Kissinger
for that matter? Is the Queen ever gonna die? WTF is going on
in this world of cover ups where everyone even denies their
is such a thing. Perpetuating the biggest conspiracy of all?

The age of deceit started on 9/11/2001. It's all obvious and
only deniable when you start to believe you need evidence.
You don't! You know a lie when you here one every time.
Then they cause you to talk yourself out of it. F^%$ evidence.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: wcitizen
To the MSM and the government officials who try to discredit 'conspiracy theorists' I have to say that pot and kettle come to mind.

The MSM betrays the American people every hour of every day by spinning the government's own conpiracy theories, and they do so in full knowledge that they are spinning lies. The MSM and the government are the spinners of 'conspiracies' par excellence.

So to them I say SHAME ON YOU.

One day you will have to answer for your actions.

Bingo! This is what blows my mind in a daily basis. All the horrible things government has done around the world proven fact and none thinks anything goes on today. It's sad but I have hope as some if us see through it and call it out. Dont stop and never let anyone censor you! They are brainwashed by the media.

Edit: I had no idea how old this thread was. Lol. Still, needed to be said.

edit on 18nY by 20Eyes74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Nobody says conspiracies don't happen. However the existence of some does not automatically validate the existence of all.

Conspiracies are proven by the uncovering of verifiable evidence. Where conspiracy theorists get called crazy is when the fabricate claims from thin air and insist they are right despite no verifiable evidence of their own and overwhelming evidence proving them wrong. And also when they are clearly crazy.
edit on 19/2/2021 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join