It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul leading republican vs. Obama! - CNN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm just loving today so far - this article from CNN covers their poll results for republican contenders against Obama (pre-bin Laden story):

Who does best against Obama? Paul. The congressman from Texas, who also ran as a libertarian candidate for president in 1988 and who is well liked by many in the tea party movement, trails the president by only seven points (52 to 45 percent) in a hypothetical general election showdown. Huckabee trails by eight points, with Romney down 11 points to Obama.

The poll indicates the president leading Gingrich by 17 points, Palin by 19, and Trump by 22 points.

Wait for that to change with more coverage and presentation of Paul's views and record. As the article mentions, this doesn't mean a whole lot at this time, but expect to see that match-up get closer if Paul stays steady & performs well, and gets fair treatment in the media this time around - which looks LIKELY!
:

In this video, Chris Wallace refers to Paul effectively as godfather of the Tea Party, admits he wasn't treated on an equal footing last time, and verifies Paul's issues are front-and-center on the national stage this time around.

Also, the Debate Day money bomb goes well - for not having even officially announced yet, Paul so far has brought in over $564k so far today - can view ticker (or donate directly) at his exploratory committee's site here.

Also - anyone who was involved last time around will know how significant this is - CNN has notified Jesse Benton that Paul will be listed at 10% nationally, posted on his Facebook page here. What did he cap at (officially...) last time - 2-3% on a GOOD day?

With the field currently where it stands, that's a narrow margin for all candidates and 6 points from the leader Huckabee - who might not even be running. All things considered, I'm feeling very good today.

PS - get about 2 minutes into that video for the mentioned discussion.

ADDITION:
I just found out that media-deemed 'Front-runner' Tim Pawlenty is also holding his own money bomb, with the goal of raising $12,000 (twelve thousand - no typo) in one day. I'd assume he'll likely come close, at least?

Perhaps the Paul supporters shouldn't have been so ambitious...so far we only have $624,183 of our $2 million goal.

edit on 5/5/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Ron Paul all the way baby! lets see what happens.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have been absolutely ecstatic about all the attention Ron Paul has been getting lately. It seems like everyday he gains more momentum, I really hope people listen and give him a fair chance. Is he the perfect candidate? No, but let his voting record speak for itself. He is with the people. He doesn't bend the knee to the republican agenda. He supports the rights of the states.

I hope his popularity continues to grow. Ron Paul 2012!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Will definitely be watching the debate tonight. It's time for the Ron Paul R3VOJUTION!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Sounds like they finally got to Ron Paul.

Wonder what kind of initiation he went through?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

It's unfortunate that the Tea Party was hijacked by the likes of Palin. I have a feeling that if the RP crowd introduced it to me, I'd think it was a pretty swell ideology. As it is, I think calling him the "godfather of the Tea Party" kind of hurts his image from the perspective of people on the fence, especially the left.

If he wants to run the Tea Party, I hope he really sets the current followers straight about their priorities. This would shake things up, sure, but the last thing he needs is to be associated with Palin-esque "folk wisdom".

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

So very agreed, friend. I was both excited and depressed when the Tea Party started coming together - a logical extension of the Ron Paul revolution from 2007 by new people not involved with the campaign, but co-opted and redirected by other interests.

The split isn't as wide as I was fearing it would be, but to me it seems/seemed to me that it's populated by people who are rightly angry, but don't really know who they're angry at or WHAT exactly they should be angry about.

I see a lot of good that can come from it, but much more education is needed for them so they can aim appropriately and understand the issues causing the problems - and how to actually address them.

Thanks much!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I will be voting for Ron Paul, I agree with what he wants to do for america, and I see him a sort of constructional champion. Continue to follow things with scrutiny people!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I'd happily vote for Ron Paul versus Obama. However, I do not have the admiration for him that his followers do. He talks a good game but every time I see him question someone like Bernanke, he starts talking about some BS like a gold standard instead of going for the balls against someone who definately deserves it. Ron Paul is not the savior, I find him similar to Obama in the empty suit way.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It's not that I think Ron Paul can't win the White House, I just don't think he will be what everyone expects him to be.

(Remember, we were promised Change by Obama, look at the changes so far.)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriciusCaesar

You were promised change by a used car salesman.

Paul is more into selling Lambos.

=)

Paul has a track record of consistancy-
Obama has a track record of being clueless.

cant compare the two.

Paul is gunna rip Obama a new one, I cant wait.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatriciusCaesar
It's not that I think Ron Paul can't win the White House, I just don't think he will be what everyone expects him to be.

(Remember, we were promised Change by Obama, look at the changes so far.)

True, but Obama was the Devil we didn't know. Some (myself included) took a gamble that he would be at least better than McCain (which I still maintain that, even in our current situation, McCain/Palin would've been worse).

But with Dr. Paul we know who he his and have known his platform for the past 20+ years. Even if Dr. Paul only makes good on half his platform, he'll still be at least twice as good for America than Obama has, or ever will.

/TOA

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
In today's day and age the American people want a government that actually uses common sense for a change since many people are becoming fed up with the current government. Everytime I see one of Ron Paul's speeches or interviews I can see that there is common sense surging through his idealogy.

That's what the American people need, and they need to drop this political correctness act and use some common sense for once. It's no surprise to me that Ron Paul is getting the ratings that he is getting because the Americans are seeing that Ron Paul can possibly deliver the goods this government and people are longing for. And given Ron Paul's track record as a congressman, I see him as being the next greatest leader this nation has seen for this generation.

The media ridicule him because they know he's right, and his ideas will bring power back to the people and that is the last thing the current government establishment wants.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
To my knowledge there does not exist a website which explains how to vote in the Republican primaries. If one does, it is not easily found.

In order for Mr. Paul to take this primary, we need to make this a reality.

My idea is that this website will have the following attributes:
-simple, simple, simple, easy, easy, easy
-not excessively pushing the Ron Paul agenda, but just enough to know it's there
-independent of all other content not relating to 2012 Republican primary registration and voting
-broken down by state, I have ideas how to make this simple and effective
-once the user has easily been "guided" to the state they will we voting in, an easy numbered list will lead them to being 100% Republican primary registered (if possible)

This is not optional, but a necessity. Lets put together a team and make this a reality.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Ron Paul for 2012.

lets just hope in the love of god that he wins if he doesnt ever win...this country is going to hell on a hand basket

if obama was like ron paul we would have won a long time ago

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyBear

Ron Paul will never win. The American people are too used to conventional politics for Ron Paul to stand a chance.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nucklepunche
reply to post by CrazyBear

Ron Paul will never win. The American people are too used to conventional politics for Ron Paul to stand a chance.

Well why not? You can actually pull up video of Ron Paul from 20 years ago and he still speaks the same way today. Obama has done nothing but continue what Bush was doing, their interests do not match what most people want. Their foreign policies suck, I doubt Romney or Palin will change anything. Ron Paul wants to end the occupations, and start dismantling the Federal Reserve. Obama's hope for change has failed miserably, unless you see more jobs, lower oil prices, lower food prices, better housing market. I for one do not, so with an attitude like that, do us all a favor and stay home on voting day. I voted for Ron Paul in 08 and I will vote for him in the next election. I then pray that common sense finally returns to the American people and they FINALLY vote in the candidate that will truly put our country back on the right track.

new topics

top topics

join