It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William and Kate headed to Bohemian grove in July.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Ok so I couldnt care less about William and kate, but I heard they're headed to California to see the Golden Gate Bridge. This is to be a first for the both of them, to visit the United States. Not only is Bohemian Grove about 70 miles North of San Fransisco, but they are headed there in July when the two week celebration occurs, suprise? Not really...

Source

Any thoughts?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SSDDay

Are they going to Napa as well?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SSDDay

the thread title and your thread implies past tense. Sort it out.

And do they let girls in there lol

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
lmao good find!!!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tombangelta

It implies present or future tense...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

are you English (I am)? - I notice Americans say 'headed' where we would say 'heading' so this is probably not intentionally misleading

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Unless something has changed, Bohemian Grove has been and presumably still is a guy's only type thing. Not to say that Kate couldn't occupy herself for 2 weeks while William was there but...interesting correspondence.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
Unless something has changed, Bohemian Grove has been and presumably still is a guy's only type thing. Not to say that Kate couldn't occupy herself for 2 weeks while William was there but...interesting correspondence.

That is correct. She wouldnt be allowed there. And the O.P is just speculating.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I thought women weren't allowed there? I have heard they even go so far as to make sure the hired help is male as well. I never been there so of course I could be wrong on this.......hrmmmm anyone?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet

You mean Reptilians only.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSDDay
Ok so I couldnt care less about William and kate, but I heard they're headed to California to see the Golden Gate Bridge. This is to be a first for the both of them, to visit the United States. Not only is Bohemian Grove about 70 miles North of San Fransisco, but they are headed there in July when the two week celebration occurs, suprise? Not really...

Source

Any thoughts?

It does not say golden gate. It say's they will visit the golden state.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
I thought women weren't allowed there? I have heard they even go so far as to make sure the hired help is male as well. I never been there so of course I could be wrong on this.......hrmmmm anyone?

Woman are allowed to work parking only. No woman allowed beyond the entrance.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
CA is a fairly large state, and your article lists no mention of any place the couple plan to attend, it seems you're oh.......making stuff up.

The article does state they will be in CA for only two days following their official tour of Canada for official duties, whatever that means. Given their huge popularity, even in the states, I very much doubt they will be free from paparazzi for a second. As someone mentioned, Kate wouldn't be invited anyway, it's men only.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by morkington

Using headed in that sentence is an Americanism . Perversion of the
English language. It's wrong.

Doesn't make sense.

But never mind I'm tired so I'm headed for bed

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
From your own link OP:

Details of their itinerary have yet to be announced.

So, the real question here is who are you and how do you know where they will be in California?
Or is this one of those oh-so-many speculation threads that get thrown up here by people?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

ya you are both right, she can probably go shopping or whatever

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggyMcBigPants

dude I watched CNN this morning for a good laugh, you know? Therefor I was watching it and they mentioned they are going to california to see the golden gate bridge, they will be there for 2 days.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Im 19, I could careless about proper English grammar!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

They allow specifically invited female guests, but I don't think they're allowed to take part in everything.

Women Though no woman has ever been given full membership in the Bohemian Club, the four female honorary members were hostess Margaret Bowman, poet Ina Coolbrith (who served as librarian for the Club), actress Elizabeth Crocker Bowers and writer Sara Jane Lippincott.[19] Since Coolbrith's death in 1928, no other woman was made a member. These honorary members and other women guests have been allowed into the Bohemian "City Club" building and as daytime guests of the Grove, but not to the upper floors of the City Club nor as guests to the main summer encampment at the Grove.[19] Annual "Ladies' Jinks" were held at the Club especially for spouses and invited guests.[19] In 1978 the Bohemian Club was charged with a discrimination lawsuit by the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing over its refusal to hire women employees. In January 1981 Judge Robert Kendall issued a decision supporting the practices of the Club, noting that club members at the Grove "urinate in the open without even the use of rudimentary toilet facilities" and that the presence of females would alter club members' behavior.[27] On October 17, 1981 the Department of Fair Employment and Housing countered the Kendall ruling by ordering the Club to begin recruiting and hiring women as employees.[28] In 1986 the Bohemian Club went to the California Supreme Court over the issue, arguing that their freedom of association was being harmed; the Court found against the Club and denied a review in 1987, forcing the Club to begin hiring female workers during the summer encampment at the Grove in Monte Rio.[29] This ruling became quoted as a legal precedent and was discussed during the 1995-1996 floor debate surrounding California Senate Bill SB 2110 (Maddy), a proposed bill concerning whether tax-exempt organizations (including fraternal clubs) should be exempt from the Unruh Civil Rights Act.[30]

en.wikipedia.org...

I mean really, you guys could have done some research.
edit on 6-5-2011 by PapillonSkeletons because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I don't think Kate will be attending, but the location and timing is pretty interesting for William Arthur, Prince of Whales...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join