It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is worldwide apathy preventing disclosure ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
For decades we have had video and photograghic evidence,testimony from leaders in science and politics,countless mass sightings and still the planet as a whole has still not got behind the issue of an extraterrestrial visitation.
We cannot blame access to information since the advent of the internet.Even the media seem to be taking a better stance in the last couple of years with newspapers and major news t.v. channels improving their "little green men " attitude.
But why is the general public making it so easy for the powers that be ?
I know we live in an era of worldwide recession and terrorism but surely this is the most important story never told.
I understand that the people on this forum are going to feel more passionately than your average joe but the fact that we cannot raise awareness on a major scale i find exasperating.
I do my best to spread my viewpoint without sounding like a religious zealot but i feel disclosure might be as far away as ever because the people of this planet do not seem to want to force the issue.

edit on 5/5/11 by CrashRetrieval because: Correction.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CrashRetrieval

ohh geezz its time for my nap...

let me know if something happens..

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CrashRetrieval

Great post, thats what I was trying to boil it down to partly with mine, I just wonder how we can spread the word/concept more efficiently without being "that guy" lol

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I think disclosure has been in progress for the last 11 years many have clouded mindes and dont wanna hear others hear and feel crazy. Others hear and try to understand if its trustworthy or not. I think you just gotta calm your senses to feel the messages sent.
edit on 5/5/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
In the last year, the media is showing more and more material about extraterrestrial life. But as I said, it is the media. We must not believe in everything that the media gives to us, they want to brainwash, more than they want to give you some useful information.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Edit – Just read the entire excerpt:

Cosmic Ships: Concerns for the World, Written by Samael Aun Weor

edit on 6-5-2011 by Tamahu because: correction

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I don't think its apathy, I think its the reality that 99.9% of UFO sightings can be explained in earthly terms. People are more educated and wiser in these days and some fuzzy out of focus dot on a YouTube vid ain't gonna fool anyone anymore.

I just the lack of solid undisputed proof that people are waiting for. Forget the vids, pictures, radar, pilot report. Its solid evidence right in front of their eyes (our eyes also) thats counts.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
I don't think its apathy, I think its the reality that 99.9% of UFO sightings can be explained in earthly terms. People are more educated and wiser in these days and some fuzzy out of focus dot on a YouTube vid ain't gonna fool anyone anymore.

I just the lack of solid undisputed proof that people are waiting for. Forget the vids, pictures, radar, pilot report. Its solid evidence right in front of their eyes (our eyes also) thats counts.

I understand what you mean but even the Mexico sightings in front of thousands of people didn't provoke an international reaction.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morbidness
In the last year, the media is showing more and more material about extraterrestrial life. But as I said, it is the media. We must not believe in everything that the media gives to us, they want to brainwash, more than they want to give you some useful information.

Methinks you have an unhealthy obsession with brainwashing...

Honestly, the media report it but it's still a laughing matter to a lot of people. Only aliens making themselves known to the world would make that mindset change but even then you'd have some of the mainstream people thinking it's for a new movie while people here on ATS would call fake and hoax or even Project Blue Beam on the whole affair.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrashRetrieval
but the fact that we cannot raise awareness on a major scale i find exasperating.

To be able to raise awareness you need hard evidence. When you have that people will listen... until then apathy is the reason because the boy has cried wolf way to many times

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Great...another disclosure thread .
It isn't going to happen ...wish it would ... but it won't.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Why wouldn't their be a disclosure? We here to be experiencing such amazement. You gotta be a nut to accept this world as it with with all the wars, death and destruction. Also the powers at be right now have the control NOT YOU! So why wouldn't we want disclosure? Humanity needs help, why the hell shouldn't they help us?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It's the world upside down. Blame the people for the government not disclosing what they have been hiding from the people, even though the people have paid for everything through their work and their taxes.

There is only one reason why dislosure is happening so slowly - because TPTB are protecting themselves.

Doing it drip by drip hides the fact that so much information has been hidden and so many lies have been told by the government.

Besides, in my experience most people already accept that other civilisations exist in the universe and therefore aren't that surprised to hear that ET's might have visited us.

Now, what might get people riled and upset is if it were dislosed that ET technology had been used AGAINST the people and not for them.

When that disclosure happens I will take this 'government disclosure' seriously.

edit on 5-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
Humanity needs help, why the hell shouldn't they help us?

because humanity is a joke.. at its current level. All we want to do is blow each other up.. from kids playing with toy guns all the way to the president blasting nations into the stone age.

And smart alien would put a detour sign on the planet

Usama Bin Ladin down... next generation getting ready

Oh wait... did I say toy guns?
edit on 5-5-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Are you posting on that topic you're completely and utterly bored of again. Yet to see the D word without you showing up

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
If disclosure was ever gonna happen, its already happened. or has slowly been happening.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It may actually be more effective to put such detour sign at the edge of the solar system, say, around the Oort Cloud, or a detour beacon on that poor demoted planetoid, Pluto.

Better yet, and perhaps a possible extant scenario, is just quarantine the planet until we either mature and evolve into a truly sentient, altruistic species worthy of 'smart Alien's" attention, or, self-annihilate ourselves, at which point the detour sign can come down and the "For Sale or Lease" sign can go up...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The worldwide apathy will be the downfall of mankind. Look around us. Osama bin Laden gets killed and they immediatley got rid of the body. Some people struck that as very odd because they don´t like being lied to but most of the people just don´t f*cking care. All they want is money,sex and entertainment. No questions asked. They think we are nutjobs and living in our basements jerking off to some pixels and they believe it because that´s what they were told about us. It´s easier to follow the masses and asking to many questions can bring you in all kinds of trouble.

The world is f*cked up but 95% of the world population don´t know how really f*cked up it is because they don´t wanna know. Just ask yourself if you would rather live your life without knowing all the sh*t as a sheep like them? What do you prefer?

I know what i saw and the government can go f*ck themselfs because this is real as it gets and the world has a right to know the truth. I don´t care about their reasons to hide it. Even if we face annihilation and the world is going to end.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
reply to post by zorgon

It may actually be more effective to put such detour sign at the edge of the solar system, say, around the Oort Cloud, or a detour beacon on that poor demoted planetoid, Pluto.

Better yet, and perhaps a possible extant scenario, is just quarantine the planet until we either mature and evolve into a truly sentient, altruistic species worthy of 'smart Alien's" attention, or, self-annihilate ourselves, at which point the detour sign can come down and the "For Sale or Lease" sign can go up...

Lol "for sale or lease." Priceless. Unfortunately I don't think anyone will be "moving in" for some time as I suspect "type 2-3 aliens" (or however you want to conceptualize them) would need time to prepare the planet again if we destory the atmosphere, ecosystem, etc beyond "easy fix."

new topics

top topics

join