It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU commissioner hopeful over Asian free-trade talks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

EU commissioner hopeful over Asean free-trade talks

www.bbc.co.uk

4 May 2011 Last updated at 20:55 ET Help The first Asean-EU Business Summit is being held in Jakarta, Indonesia, to try and enhance trade and economic partnership between the two regions.

EU trade commissioner says Europe is trying "to make the link" with the "fast-growing" Asean bloc of nations.

Talks will not only examine trade in goods, but also in services.

It is also hoped to move towards standardisation of business methods, to further help integrate the two markets.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thejakartapost.com
edit on 5-5-2011 by Maxmars because: ooops sorry

edit on 5-5-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
and then check this out - it happened "tomorrow" in Jakarta:

"ASEAN delegates demand transparency from EU

Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) delegates demanded transparency from the European Union with regard to the economic agreement being discussed between the two regions.

Trade Minister Mari Elka Pangestu said after the first EU – ASEAN Business Summit at the Jakarta Convention Center that the delegations from ASEAN countries, mostly business people, had asked for transparency, particularly regarding EU’s standards and EU's roles, which needs to be completed for the economic cooperation to proceed. "

Okay, NWO might have been a better forum for this, but...in light of the Big Distraction, I find it interesting that the EU and the Southeast Asian countries are also in controversy over "transparency"...

And, the Pakis now want to see the pics and are calling for proof....

And, the gold/silver market is tanking (thanks, Soros)...

And, the US Midwest is flooding, and Oklahoma is a dustbowl, and.... and....

New World Order can only follow This World Choas...

Anyone else noticing the multiple disasters??

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5-5-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
To the EU - GO THE HELL BACK TO EUROPE ! You lot are as bad as the damn americans .. Asia doesnt need anymore colonialists running around screwing things up. The colonial days are long over.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Ahhh, I - umm - take it that's a "NO" vote?
lol
Is is safe to assume it wasn't ASEANs idea to "merge" economies?

While I fully respect and understand your sentiment here, still -- not all Americans -- in fact, NO Americans are happy with the way things are going in America right now. Runaway capitalism and fiscal irresponsibility....we are victims of it, too, ya know.

Ouch.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

A firm NO vote here.. The ASEAN thing was result of certain leaders in asia who ate too much western shiite and are good little american puppets - singapore and s.korea pushed it the most..
Everyone has seen the disastrous results of NAFTA and of the EU .. Now the damn westerners want to try and drag asia down with them.. Personally would love to see asia sever all ties with the west for too long asia has been exploited by westerners...
And yes there are many here in asia with similar sentiments.. Nothing against the people over there.. But the entire lot of corrupt, psychotic, murderous bastards westerners call leaders can go straight to hell..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
reply to post by wildtimes

A firm NO vote here.. The ASEAN thing was result of certain leaders in asia who ate too much western shiite and are good little american puppets - singapore and s.korea pushed it the most..
Everyone has seen the disastrous results of NAFTA and of the EU .. Now the damn westerners want to try and drag asia down with them.. Personally would love to see asia sever all ties with the west for too long asia has been exploited by westerners...
And yes there are many here in asia with similar sentiments.. Nothing against the people over there.. But the entire lot of corrupt, psychotic, murderous bastards westerners call leaders can go straight to hell..

You seem racist.
I think you mean to say "white" instead of "western"
I hope you know the Empire Of Japan[an asian country]

Oppressed Asian countries far more any western country ever did.
but oh, it can't be so, as they're asian and they all stick together, right?

Wrong.

edit on 6-5-2011 by DuceizBack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

Um, I agree with your assessment that the other poster is angry and "seems racist."

But...."white" does not also mean corrupt and murderous and exploitative. Perhaps what we ALL mean is...
ELITISTS
Ancestral makeup is immaterial - it is all in the attitude.

I have known, lived, and worked among people of ALL "races", and MANY "ethnicities", MANY "religions", and MANY "socioeconomic levels", MANY "liberals" and "democrats" and...you get the idea.

In each of those groups there are kind, compassionate people, and THERE ARE CORRUPT, CRIMINAL, GREEDY, POWERMONGERING MONSTERS. And not just at national government or mega-corporate levels, but at ALL levels of society, from heads of state to heads of departments to heads of households.

Please understand, I do not agree with many of the "Western" tenets of how to run things, nor do I think despotic, oppressive governments are correct. Neither seem to do things for the best interest of their citizenry (slaves). They are definitely corrupt who hide the truth and hoard the wealth. I have repeatedly bowed out of organizations (both loosely connected and structurally rigid) because of not ONLY the of lack of moral behavior, but also the CORRUPTION of those in "charge".

Bottom line to me is, and will always be: Treat others the way you would want to be treated.

There is an appalling, evil lack of compassion and understanding in this world.
It makes me tired.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by DuceizBack

Um, I agree with your assessment that the other poster is angry and "seems racist."

But...."white" does not also mean corrupt and murderous and exploitative. Perhaps what we ALL mean is...
ELITISTS
Ancestral makeup is immaterial - it is all in the attitude.

I have known, lived, and worked among people of ALL "races", and MANY "ethnicities", MANY "religions", and MANY "socioeconomic levels", MANY "liberals" and "democrats" and...you get the idea.

In each of those groups there are kind, compassionate people, and THERE ARE CORRUPT, CRIMINAL, GREEDY, POWERMONGERING MONSTERS. And not just at national government or mega-corporate levels, but at ALL levels of society, from heads of state to heads of departments to heads of households.

Please understand, I do not agree with many of the "Western" tenets of how to run things, nor do I think despotic, oppressive governments are correct. Neither seem to do things for the best interest of their citizenry (slaves). They are definitely corrupt who hide the truth and hoard the wealth. I have repeatedly bowed out of organizations (both loosely connected and structurally rigid) because of not ONLY the of lack of moral behavior, but also the CORRUPTION of those in "charge".

Bottom line to me is, and will always be: Treat others the way you would want to be treated.

There is an appalling, evil lack of compassion and understanding in this world.
It makes me tired.

I know that.
But thats how he was making it seem.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Tut.. Lack of attention to detail gentlemen.. Note - I said the people are ok - its the corrupt, murderous , psychotic bastards they call leaders who can go straight to hell.
I do make a distinction between the people and the leaders. Please pay attention to detail. Thank you and good day.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Tut.. Lack of attention to detail gentlemen.. Note - I said the people are ok - its the corrupt, murderous , psychotic bastards they call leaders who can go straight to hell.
I do make a distinction between the people and the leaders. Please pay attention to detail. Thank you and good day.

Sure.
Than why don't you note that asian governments are corrupt as well?

new topics

top topics

join