It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Dead flies in house...

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ok, if this is common in other places, please understand it is not normal where I live. My 2yr-old daughter, out of the blue, starts acting afraid of the flies outside. She's never been afraid of them before (she loves all other bugs) so that kinda surprised me. Then, today, she drags me over to a dead one on the floor... next to another dead one. Then I go downstairs and find more dead ones. They aren't just by the windows or even in one spot.

I've tried some Google-Fu but my scenario hasn't matched any of theirs and the only thing a search here gives me about dead flies is related to crop circles. Anybody hear of this before? Keep in mind, my house isn't messy and we don't have any dead animals around or anything like that.




posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It's Spring time and if it has been cold in your area many flies in your home that appear dead are actually just dormant. They do that from time to time to conserve energy. Here's a link for you: lancaster.unl.edu...

It's pretty common actually.



posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Keep in mind that they have a lifespan of little over a day or two, perhaps you're reading a little too much into this?



posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouDeserveToKnow
Keep in mind that they have a lifespan of little over a day or two, perhaps you're reading a little too much into this?


I'm not reading into it at all. I know their lifespans and all that but it's just never happened in this house before and I've lived here for years. If anything, I was hoping I didn't have a gas leak or something.



posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
It's Spring time and if it has been cold in your area many flies in your home that appear dead are actually just dormant. They do that from time to time to conserve energy. Here's a link for you: lancaster.unl.edu...

It's pretty common actually.


But it's not cold in my house. I'll admit, though, we've had a strangely long winter so maybe there's some relation.



posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Strange. Very strange. My son has developed arachnophobia literally overnight!

We even have a pet spider which he loves! Now he won't go near the tank!



posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo
 


Cuervo we first saw this after moving into our home years ago. bizarro world quantity of dead flies in and by a few windows, once a year. did not stop until we had the old original windows replaced.

our home is a very old little Ranch, one of the DIY kit homes Sears & Roebuck once sold. we live in NJ a few minutes from the borders of NY and PA. i share this in case you want to check the weather pattern.

we have also experienced Lady Bug take-overs where they are suddenly all over the main rooms. don't know why. this still happens annually.

a real PITA we had was field Crickets in the basement, totally freaking out the dog and Wife. a few managed to come upstairs OMG! the Wife freaked. very destructive. (crickets, not the Wife). i now keep them in check by spraying a solution made by fine dicing a complete Elephant Ear Garlic, boiling lightly a few minutes in water, let cool. i spray the EE Garlic water in the basement and on the outside foundation wall. they have not come back.



posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo
 


I don't want to panic you, but have you ever seen "The Amityville Horror"?



posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
reply to post by Cuervo
 


I don't want to panic you, but have you ever seen "The Amityville Horror"?


Nope. I probably shouldn't, huh?



posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by Cuervo
 


Cuervo we first saw this after moving into our home years ago. bizarro world quantity of dead flies in and by a few windows, once a year. did not stop until we had the old original windows replaced.

our home is a very old little Ranch, one of the DIY kit homes Sears & Roebuck once sold. we live in NJ a few minutes from the borders of NY and PA. i share this in case you want to check the weather pattern.

we have also experienced Lady Bug take-overs where they are suddenly all over the main rooms. don't know why. this still happens annually.

a real PITA we had was field Crickets in the basement, totally freaking out the dog and Wife. a few managed to come upstairs OMG! the Wife freaked. very destructive. (crickets, not the Wife). i now keep them in check by spraying a solution made by fine dicing a complete Elephant Ear Garlic, boiling lightly a few minutes in water, let cool. i spray the EE Garlic water in the basement and on the outside foundation wall. they have not come back.


If it becomes a problem like you had, I'll do something about it. I always try to keep the balance of the damage from nature vs wife intact, as well. My main concern was the cause of them showing up dead. If gas leaks aren't the probable cause that anybody on here has heard of, I'm not gonna worry about it.

Thing that sucks about the paranormal approach is that gas leaks cause hallucinations so how would I ever know which it is?!



posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
reply to post by Cuervo
 


I don't want to panic you, but have you ever seen "The Amityville Horror"?


My thoughts exactly when I read the OP.
But possibly even worse you may have had a fly lay it's eggs nearby, were all your windows closed and was you away for a day or 2?

I guess some extra vacuming is required.



posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I don't have an answer for you...but one year in an apartment we had lived in for about 6 years we suddenly found literally 100s of dead ladybugs. We had never had that problem before and it was creepy and gross! I sucked them up with the shopvac and went on with my day


Michelle



posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo
 




omg same thing happen to me about 2mths ago...!!

im extremely allergic to dust + very sensitive to smells so my house is always extremely clean.. my 10yo son came in early one morning about 2mths ago saying that there were flies in the main bathroom.. since i was half asleep + he also has this weird fear of flies.. i just brushed it off + said "yeah ok i'll kill it later.. just use my bathroom"

when i finally got up i grabbed the flyspray + headed into the main bathroom.. there were 5 medium flies buzzing around.. i was confused by this since i live in an apartment where the bathroom has no window + the bathroom doors are alway closed.. anyway i killed them.. cleaned them up + when on with my morning routine.

about 30mins later my son came into the study + said.. "mum there's flies in the lounge room now" .. so i grab the flyspray + i end up killing like 6 in the lounge room.. i then went to ckeck the inside bin which is inside a cupboard in the kitchen.. but no sign of flies or any smell.. i took the bin downstairs anyway..

by the time i had come back up to my apartment there were another 3 in the lounge room.. WTF! iend up killing about another 20 within the next hour before i went out for a few hours.

again when i returned home there were more flies.. my boyfriend + i killes about another 30 before he left... then i killed about another 15 before i went to bed that night..


i woke the next morning expecting to find more flies.. but nothing.. not even one.. + i havent seen another fly in my apartment since


i had totally forgotten about this until i seen your thread title.


oh.. im in sydney australia so it presently the the last month of autumn/fall here.
edit on 5-5-2011 by Vamp333 because: i can



new topics




 
1

log in

join