It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did the Egypt Revolution Get Mobilized?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
So I just watched the revolution video that is so popular on ATS at the moment and it got me to thinking. We may not have a tyrannical dictator that has been in power for 40 years, but we have been laboring under the burden of an unbreakable two party system that has all the same repressive attributes. We have been suffering under terrible governance making horrible decisions that only benefit special interests for decades now. We have the illusion of democracy, but every time we go to the polls, no matter who we elect we still get the same government.

I think we need to take to the streets in the numbers and in the spirit of Egypt. We should demand that the government end all wars that we have around the world and balance the budget. They also need to close Guantanamo and end any semblance of the patriot act. Any and all emergency powers that were given to the president or congress after 9/11 need to be repealed. If they can't do that than the entire government needs to step down ineligible to run again. This is our country dammit and if the people running it aren't making decisions for the good of the country then they don't deserve to represent us.

So my question is.. how to start this movement. The premise is simple, End the Wars Balance the Budget or Step Down. Democrat, Republican, House Rep, Senator, President. End the Wars, Balance the Budget or Step Down.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
They call it the FaceBook Revolution

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Facebook Group

Location: Capital cities worldwide - Washington DC and London

Thursday, August 11 at 12:00pm - September 11 at 11:55pm
edit on 5-5-2011 by YouDeserveToKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
the eygpt revolution came about of many circumstances and the biggest leading factor in that was the muslim brotherhood as porported by the lame stream media.

it was organized and led by muslim clerics and then took to the street from mosques.

careful what you wish for nothing ever turns out like it should.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
If we do what they did our rebellion would get squashed in a matter of hours but if we take it and keep it as viral and digital only the movement will last considerably longer. Besides, we don't want to give The msm a reason to trash the American people again.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
the eygpt revolution came about of many circumstances and the biggest leading factor in that was the muslim brotherhood as porported by the lame stream media.

it was organized and led by muslim clerics and then took to the street from mosques.

I thought the leading factor was the young man in Tunisia.

Man wit Phd - work selling fruit - not good outcome for future - man burns himself. Domino effedt

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

The Muslim Brotherhood had absolutely nothing to do with the uprising so quit trying to spew lies and disinformaiton. The act of protesting goes against everything The Muslim Brotherhood stands for so next time cheque your claim before you spew more hate spun lies!

Hook, line, sinker, SUNK!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The burden of Egypt

Isaiah 19:1 (King James Version).

That's what happened.

Me.

top topics

join