It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You wake up on the 21st to find all rapture belivers missing....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Narrator: "You wake up at Seatac, SFO, LAX. You wake up at O'Hare, Dallas-Fort Worth, BWI. Pacific, mountain, central. Lose an hour, gain an hour. This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. You wake up at Air Harbor International. If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?"

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
oh how man is fool by just one www.earthquakeresurrection.com... ok no copying this page so no sneak peek so lets try this one says the same thing www.whenistherapture.com...

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 says "But I would not have you to be ignorant, brothers, concerning those who are asleep, that you do not sorrow, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so those also who sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so we shall ever be with the Lord. Therefore, comfort one another with these words."

The portion highlighted above in this color in the Latin Vulgate reads: "deinde nos qui vivimus qui relinquimur simul rapiemur cum illis in nubibus obviam Domino in aera et sic semper cum Domino erimus". The Latin word for "shall be caught up" is "rapiemur". The Latin dictionary says that root for the Latin word "rapiemur" is "rapio" which it says means "to seize , snatch, tear away; to hurry along a person or thing". In Latin endings are tacked on for case, number, gender, tense, etc. One ending is "raptus" for example. Many words are "transliterated" directly into English with English endings added. For example the Greek "baptism" transliterates letter for letter to "baptism" in English. There you have it. "Rapture" is a scriptural word...just in a different language (translation)!

Even though it is a scriptural word, because of the association of the word "rapture" with levitation in Hinduistic, Persian, and occultic literature and also in spiritualist circles in the United States and Britain in the 19th and 20th centuries, some Christians do not want to use this term to describe the wonderful event described in these verses. Since the strength of the event is so well described by this choice of the Greek word by the Holy Spirit, it is obvious that some human beings (i.e. Christians saved at this time - both physically living and dead) will get new resurrection bodies and be caught up into the clouds to be with Jesus forever. This event is what the Holy Spirit, Paul and many Christians refer to as the "catching away, seizing or snatching away" of Christians and some other Christians refer to as the Rapture. It may be time for Christians to claim back this word for this blessed event.
still from one mans translation, and the key to this is... this

For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so we shall ever be with the Lord.
for you and i that see things in a different light will have the time to be saved, just in case we, the ones that do not believe in the rapture, but believe in the gathering, can and will be saved, amen.
edit on 6-5-2011 by bekod because: word corection

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercurio

Originally posted by Ghost375
I'd think the FEMA camps were full.
But seriously if it happens, you realize only 144,000 disappear, right?
Do you think anyone would notice that few people out of 7 billion?
Maybe 10 of them would be from America, and the news would never mention anything about it.

Actually I looked into the 144,000 reference, and it apparently refers to people who will be protected from the catastrophes and disasters that occur during the Apocalypse. Not the Rapture.

"Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until after we have sealed the servants of God on their foreheads".

This means the Apocalyptic destruction would not begin until the 144,000 "servants of God" have been sealed to protect their life. This means that the 144,000 are NOT raptured, but live on Earth through the whole period of the "tribulation".

I'm an atheist, though. But that's what I think the 144,000 means.

Oops, I remembered that wrong. You're correct.
Christians spreading the rapture idea should really read revelations. Especially the end. It's a very bad, unforgivable sin to add or take away from the revelations.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
What do you mean the Rapture is a myth and has no scriptural basis? There's quite a few descriptions of the Rapture in the bible, even if it doesn't call it the "Rapture".

One example from Luke 17:26-37, Note especially verses 34 and 35:

26 “Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man. 27 People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all.

28 “It was the same in the days of Lot. People were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building. 29 But the day Lot left Sodom, fire and sulfur rained down from heaven and destroyed them all.

30 “It will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed. 31 On that day no one who is on the housetop, with possessions inside, should go down to get them. Likewise, no one in the field should go back for anything. 32 Remember Lot’s wife! 33 Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it. 34 I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. 35 Two women will be grinding grain together; one will be taken and the other left.” [36] [a]

37 “Where, Lord?” they asked. He replied, “Where there is a dead body, there the vultures will gather.”

edit on 6-5-2011 by salty_wagyu because: classified

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If rapture does happen,I have a feeling it would be
something like this...........

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c387cd4c8e4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Personally I feel good......first because they finally reap what they sow, second there will be a little more chance for me in the job market; less people less competition.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Oops, I remembered that wrong. You're correct.
Christians spreading the rapture idea should really read revelations. Especially the end. It's a very bad, unforgivable sin to add or take away from the revelations.

I think you should re-read Revelation. Your response on the subject makes it apparent to me you've never read Revelation, or if you have you did not comprehend it very well.

How do I know? Your use of "revelations" plural. If you did not comprehend the title which is directly taken from the first sentence of the book which explains The Revelation, how can you possibly know what is in or not in the book and expound absolute answers on the subject?

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified [it] by his angel unto his servant John:

The entire book is of Revelation is the "unveiling" of Jesus Christ, which the Father gave TO Christ. Not revelations, but one singular Revelation from Father to Son, and from Son to his servants. This Revelation was signified, or in common terms 'rendered into signs'. Not revelations, but signs to indicate or make known.

As for the harparzo, Latin "rapturo", in English terms the Rapture, there is a pretty darn good description of it is given in Rev Chapter 4:1-2. I shall expound.

Pay close attention to locations of seven lamp-stands used as a symbolic reference to Churches in chapter 2-3. In Chapter 2-3 these lamp-stands are on Earth. At the start of Chapter 4, John is caught up into Heaven by the voice of a Trumpet and was immediately in spirit. Note, compare John's version to Paul's version of the rapture in 1Cr 15:52 and 1Th 4:16. Suddenly after the "rapture like" verses in Chapter 4:1-2, the Seven Lamp-stands are also now in heaven, dwelling with Christ at the Fathers throne before everything hits the fan.

There are even other hints, such as Rev 12:5->Gen 2:24 as the church part of the Body/Bride of Christ. Rev 13:6 in which the pseudo Christ targets "his name [The Father], his tabernacle [Christ], and 'those that dwell in heaven'". Rev 14:6 vs Rev 3:10 as the Angel charged with preaching the Everlasting Gospel is to those that "dwell on the earth" when Christ himself clearly refers to people not of the Church being those people. Isaiah 20:26 which links Rev 4:1 to John 14:2-3, Rev 3:7, year/day of the lord, etc. There is even more, namely the 7 Letters to the Churches being prophetic of the church age (including today), to Christs 7 parables in Matthew linked by the "he who has an ear" phrase, and in turn can even correlate to entire books written by Paul expounding on the very problems the churches fixed, or created in those letters.

Besides, belief in a rapture (none, pre-mid-post trib, pre-wraith) etc in everything I've studied is not a requirement for Salvation and often causes debates not worth getting into. It's up to the individual to study and gain their own high or low views of inspired scriptures.

However, saying that the rapture can not be directly inferred if not outright defined by the descriptions given in Revelation and thus is 'not there' is a major fallacy. If you're pastor is saying such things, it's time go to find a different pastor. If it's one of those churches that reject the term rapture and thus the idea of it because the word is not directly in the English Bible (Which is probably the silliest notion I've ever heard of in English speaking churches), it's time to find a pastor that recognizes the New Testament scriptures were not written in English, but Koine Greek.

As for the rest of this thread, I also side with the "yeah right" on the date setting. No one knows but the Father and Son (again, read Rev 1:1 pretty darn carefully). Those that claim personal revelation on the subject are either self deluding themselves, or lying for popular gain/book sales.

As for "the day after"...

More interestingly were some of the responses I've seen pretty much coincide with the "Celebration" attitude we'd see described when all the fundamentalists are gone closely mirror the same attitude when the two witnesses are killed.

This does not surprise me, and I fully expect a celebratory attitude primed to usurer in humanity to a new Christian-free Era. Indeed, these same people will know the wraith of the lamb has come but will refuse to accept salvation for whatever reason. In a post rapture world, I imagine they will be the most dangerous to new believers during this time. They know the prophecies, predictions, see them taking place, recognize them for what they are, and yet will refuse to repent -- even eventually turning to killing those who do believe as they would a fly on the wall. More ironically, they will probably be those that think they can 'beat God' (See Psalm 3/Armageddon) in the last military excursion before the 1000 year reign of Christ.

I'm quite sure the intellectuals of the world will try to explain it with science, and given the educational standing of the world, most will buy it as anything but the so called Christian rapture. Anywhere from Allah finally removing the stain of Christians, to the new age spaceship idea will be accepted more readily.

As for those on the fence before the rapture, and wishing to run to the nearest empty church building, I have no idea how this new world will play out in the hours following. I doubt you'll ever be told the truth by those in power, and lies will be fabricated to the extent that even if you knew it was the rapture, that Christianity is true, their lie seems more plausible.

In a realistic sense, if you survive the initial chaos, martial law will probably be imposed. If not implemented after the rapture, surely after the judgments of God begins to unfold. Eventually I would expect all nature of Christianity documents/beliefs of those things that are true will be destroyed before the 3 1/2 year mark. The perfect time for those most ardent against Christianity to destroy churches/documents would be the time when the system is in the most Chaos. After 3 1/2 years, good luck finding any Churches, bibles, documents, study tools, etc except for those that hoarded such things and went underground almost immediately.

Fascinating subject over-all. One can go into numerous scenarios as to how it would play out.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I would be so happy, all the judgmental conservative's gone, no traffic on the streets....life would be awesome with a little elbow room!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I'd be mad that their simplistic and pureed version of God was the right one. Then I'd give the sky the finger and continue to refuse to acknowledge their God as the right one.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The rapture will be one of the greatest events ever - and scientists will explain it away with some kind of theory, probably global change, heh.

I plan on being raptured, so anyone else waiting for this day, I will see you in the sky! The sooner the better!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
there would finally be peace on earth. i'll attend college and get a degree. adopt 5 dogs from a shelter, throw a bbq at the beach and buy a hybrid car.

Sounds good, can I come and try your new hybridcar then ?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Great...if all of the hard core religious 'believers' suddenly disappear, then i won't have to listen or read the sanctimonious drivel any longer.

Can't wait.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Well seeing as the rapture will only take away about 200,000. It really wont make difference to the world. I imagine there will be a lot more people who are disappointed they never made the cut, but It would have little effect on my life.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The 17th day of the 2nd month from the biblical calendar to our gegorian calendar is MAY 21! See. Thats where the date comes from. Not out of some mans hat or vision or dream. Please do more research on this. It could be that God is trying to tell you something before its too late. Also all the signs are undeniable. "Jesus said there would be earthquakes in diverse places, wars and rumors of wars, signs in the sky (maybe ufo's), and the wind and the wave roaring. He said "when you see these things look up for your redemption draws nigh." God has unsealed the bible talked about in the book of revelation that had 7 seals in these last days. 1 thessalonians 5:2 "For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. Remember that everytime God talks about coming as a thief in the night He is talking about those who are not "watching". He will come as a thief to all those who are unsaved. God never said that no man can know the day or hour, He said that no man knows the day or hour. He was talking about during the whole church age that ended in 1988 that know man did know. Now we do.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Me personaly i wouldnt believe it, i would want to know why they went into hiding undergound just to prove us wrong but thats just due to people i live with and us having oposing religions and them doing things like that ALOT.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

id jump for joy. no more holy rollers!!!!!!!!! then the rest of us sinners can kick back and have fun

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hmm i have a question do other religons have rapture like events? just curious to see if there are verses in the torah or koran that are similar to the rapture.

Now to what i would do if i woke up and it happened and i was left behind.I don't know what i would do honestly.This might sound weird but i would want to see it all play out and be here for the end.I know strange.I had this dream one time and i don't ever remember my dreams.It was about the raprute happening and i saw family members who have passed away and they were saying that i made it and everything was going to be ok and i told them i had to stay and see everything throu to the end.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm still curious if I'll get my husband's life insurance, since I am Jewish and he is Baptist!

The author E.E. Knight wrote in his Vampire Earth series that bad life-sucking aliens used the idea of the Rapture to lure the religious to their deaths...

Just a thought....

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Sorry to burst the bubble, because the "rapture" is a religious propaganda created in the last 100 years is not going to be any rapture and is not going to be any people been taken away, perhaps by the growing gestapo been created in America lately.

See you after 2012, just another day in earth paradise.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Biigs

I'm kinda torn, I don't think the rapture, if it is real, is some magical thing where everybody disappears...

It could be a massive loss of life, occuring at the same time (EQ, nukes, etc...)

Some people have offered Bible verses, but I don't believe the event is covered anywhere in the Bible.

The Rapture is not real at all. Look up John Nelson Darby, he invented it back in 1847. And people still foolishly believe it it. We are all going, I think, it is called Ascension.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join