It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You wake up on the 21st to find all rapture belivers missing....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
What if the morning of the 21st of May, you woke up and completely inexplicably all the belivers of the rapture are missing, not to be found in any form anywhere, all over the world no body remaining saw or heard anything.

would you be bummed out that you missed witnessing the acsention to 'heaven' ?

would you feel guilty for being 'ignorant' to their prophcies?

Feel good or bad?

would you just get on with things?

i think id be bummed out personnely, im not sure i could cope with the sheer intrege surrounding their absence and some sort of crushing guilt over abadoning my religous upbringing. Yet also feeling comfort in the fact theres more to be discovered in what we perceive in the universe and look forward to some focused scientific research in the years to follow.

what do you think?

(this is my first thread, please be gentle)

EDIT: this is not ANYTHING to do with may 21st or my personnel beliefs, just happens to be the closest "buzz prophecy"

edit on 5-5-2011 by Biigs because: added text

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I would be just a little bit happier for the world would be a better place!

2nd

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
well personally i would move in to the nearest church.......

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
OP I highly recommend the Left Behind series, it covers this scenario...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
OP I highly recommend the Left Behind series, it covers this scenario...

thank you, i will!

but what would you do/think/feel?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
there would finally be peace on earth. i'll attend college and get a degree. adopt 5 dogs from a shelter, throw a bbq at the beach and buy a hybrid car.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I would still be dreaming... the rapture is a myth and isn't scriptural. To me it smacks of ego/ethno-centrism. The thought that some are worthy and others are not is simply egotistical.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Well IF it did happen, and i was "left behind" it would really suck, but i would stand strong in my faith to insure that I make it to heaven.
The may 21st prophecy is bogus though.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The end of the world has been predicted so many times it is getting quite boring. The Rapture is not going to happen.If any calamity happens to the earth then we will all perish. There will be no chosen few to be saved. We all sink or swim together.
Let's just live one day at a time, do what we can to help our fellow men and women, and not worry about the future.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Good riddance to bad rubbish; the less funnymentalists the better.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Then I would say, "Well let the raping and pillaging begin!" Then go and buy a six pack, tons of greens, and lot's of popcorn and grab out my ancient Babylonian sword given to me by Saint Michael and await the apocalypse. Further more there is no way absolutely none that I will provide proof of these claims nor share my six pack.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
There is no such thing as the rapture.

There is no scriptural basis for it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I would throw a gigantic party and celebrate until I pass out.

Less religious nuts could only be a good thing.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I really hope the world don't end on the 21st as its my 30th birthday on the 22nd and im looking forward to it.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

The world hasnt ended, those with the faith were transported somehow off the planet, the planet being destroyed is from their view.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Biigs i would be thrilled. the Rapture is the beginning and not the end. it will usher in the end of days of suffering and oppression, and the Earth will be cleansed of the wicked. the corrupt men and women of governments, military, law enforcement, you name it, all sorts of non-believing unsaved unrepentant folks will be gone.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
I would throw a gigantic party and celebrate until I pass out.

Less religious nuts could only be a good thing.

What you're not realizing is if the rapture happened those religious "nuts" wouldn't be nuts at all, they would have been 100% accurate and that would make YOU the "nut" for not listening to them.

In reply to the OP: i would have my faith in God 100% confirmed, i would MEMORIZE the Bible and i would do all i could to make it through the coming tribulations to try to make it to Heaven.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Have you ever read revelations?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i just hope the pilot and co-pilot are not good christians.
do you think i could fly a commercial airliner from what i learned watching tv?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Sorry, I prefer to stick to reality and not mythical fairy tales.

Be it cancer, mass nutjob suicide, or whatever the reason is, less religious freaks would only benefit the planet.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join