It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Anomalies at Several Ancient Sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ground penetrating radar has revealed several very strange anomalies at several ancient archaeological sites including the Great Sphinx, Roslin Chapel and China's Pyramid at Mount Li to name just a few. The curious question is why the nations that these sites reside in will not allow excavations to investigate these anomalies.

*snip*
edit on Fri May 20 2011 by Jbird because: Removed spam link

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Because they already know what is there and have probably emptied them.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Because they are ancient historical sites.. It would take 100's of millions of pounds to excavate att each site, be a logistical nightmare, take years of planning and organisation, years to even get permission to do it, there is a chance of damaging some of the most important sites on earth, and many, many more reasons..

And after all that there might not be anything there..

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Damaging it or not I think they should start digging in to these things. Might as well find out what they are or whats in it. What is there to lose.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Why did you create three posts on the same topic and linking to the same site? This is looking more like spam than anything else.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The last I knew, Egypt has refused all excavation requests beneath the Sphinx.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The sphinx, especially, is very fragile.

Line 2.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious

The area beneath the front of the sphinx has been excavated at least twice, possibly three times.

That is, they drilled down to supposed "anomalies" found using subsurface readings found through seismic testing.

They found nothing.

Your site claims that 20 years ago these chambers were found under the sphinx using GPR. AFAIK, this is simply not true.

The "anomalies" were found using sound waves, not radar waves (which are electromagnetic.)

Harte
edit on 5/6/2011 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by DarthChrisious

The area beneath the front of the sphinx has been excavated at least twice, possibly three times.

That is, they drilled down to supposed "anomalies" found using subsurface readings found through seismic testing.

They found nothing.

Your site claims that 20 years ago these chambers were found under the sphinx using GPR. AFAIK, this is simply not true.

The "anomalies" were found using sound waves, not radar waves (which are electromagnetic.)

Harte

I would add that the sphinx is made of limestone and the 'floor' is a continuation of the same material. You cannot excavate stone. What I think you mean is that certain people would like to cut away all this natural limestone and find 'X', unfortunately there is no evidence, other than imagination, that 'x' is there.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
They should just do it, I mean this is history for OUR time, in years to come the Eiffel Tower, The Empire State Building will be historical monuments for THAT generation. Couldn't they just tunnel through from some distance away then fill it back up?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
They should just do it, I mean this is history for OUR time, in years to come the Eiffel Tower, The Empire State Building will be historical monuments for THAT generation. Couldn't they just tunnel through from some distance away then fill it back up?

Three reasons:

1. Limited money: what little the Egyptians have will be better used to continue productive research and maintenance existing sites. Personally I used the money for preservation and more survey for neolithic sites

2.You may wish to look at the present water table level at that site, then see comment one

3. No one with a lick of sense would tunnel thru virgin limestone with no particular goal in mind. You might be able to get a fringy billionaire to put up the money but I'm sure the Egyptian's wouldn't allow damage to substructure of the Sphinx based on a unscientific whim

new topics

top topics

join