It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TX Teacher Suspended After Telling Muslim Student 'I Bet You're Grieving'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I see the PC police are strong I'm this thread.

Using such catch phrases as ignorant, stupid, racist, and insensitive.

Even the mods are in on it, I see.

I know I will be lambasted because I am from a state that generally thumbs its nose at the PC BS.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Oops. Outlast Searcher. That was not a reply to you specifically. It was to this thread in general. Clicked the wrong button on my phone.

Sausage thumbs, I guess.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
c'mon people...i mean it's texas for christ's sake.....what i'm surprised by, is that this would be the only incident of this nature happening in that state. it's not all dallas cowboy cheerleaders and bar-b-que in the lone star.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
c'mon people...i mean it's texas for christ's sake.....what i'm surprised by, is that this would be the only incident of this nature happening in that state. it's not all dallas cowboy cheerleaders and bar-b-que in the lone star.

Is it Texas, or is it the fact that this guy is a Union Thug? These teachers union thugs were probably so burnt out protesting budget cuts, that they started taking out their frustration on the kids. Kids are easy targets for thugs like this.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4[/i
Poor girl was already in grief.....no need to rub it in.

Carseller, I see you're still here. I don't understand the above quote. Please explain. Thanks.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I didn't realize that an adult picking on a child with the purpose of making them feel bad was included in political correctness...pardon me for the mistake.

Michelle

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I don't really see any overtly PC comments on this thread.

While some people may choose to focus on the Muslim aspect of the story, I think that the particular racial/religious aspect to this story is largely irrelevant.

If the events of the story are true then the teacher has been extremely insensitive. He singled out and picked on one of his pupils by making knowingly insensitive and possibly hurtful comments towards her.

Teaching is a job that requires responsibility, and a teacher should be someone who can be seen as trustworthy by the pupils. Again, if true, this teacher has shown a complete lack of responsibility and has betrayed his position of trust.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Reply to post by Michelle129th

Oh. So now you know his intent.

Can you read my wife's mind right now, while you are at it?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Is it Texas, or is it the fact that this guy is a Union Thug? These teachers union thugs were probably so burnt out protesting budget cuts, that they started taking out their frustration on the kids. Kids are easy targets for thugs like this.

yeah...yeah...that's it.... i obviously failed to see the intelligence and insight you bring to this thread...you must be from texas.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by Michelle129th

Oh. So now you know his intent.

Can you read my wife's mind right now, while you are at it?

You're not really trying to defend what he said are you?

The guy racially profiled and embarrased a student. Two things a teacher should never do to a student. Now is he racist? I don't know, but that was a pretty racist thing to say. Could have been said in bad judgement only.

Racist or not, the Teacher has to go.

I will say that what he said did give me a little chuckle.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

yeah...yeah...that's it.... i obviously failed to see the intelligence and insight you bring to this thread...you must be from texas.

and you must be a teacher, or have a close relative who is.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join