It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TX Teacher Suspended After Telling Muslim Student 'I Bet You're Grieving'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Sorry speech mod police, practicing political correctness with a conservative agenda I see

At least the teacher correctly identified the student as middle Eastern in decent as opposed to
mistakenly saying this idiocy to a Hispanic student (which happens from time to time when
biased people open their mouths)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
teacher was an idiot with no question and i also support his termination.

but i ask ats readers this question how many muslims were cheering in the streets and outside the whitehouse when the news broke of obl death?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

but i ask ats readers this question how many muslims were cheering in the streets and outside the whitehouse when the news broke of obl death?

Welll..I don't think anyone was taking a poll on faith amongst the celebration...but perhaps a couple quick links will satisfy the slightly xenophobic nature of your question? I am guessing not...but hold out hope.

Arab Americans, Muslims rejoice at death of bin Laden
www.usatoday.com...

Oklahoma Muslims were elated to learn Sunday night that Osama bin Laden had been killed by U.S. troops in Pakistan.

www.tulsaworld.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Can you tell a person's religion by looking at them? I saw footage of a lot of people outside, I couldn't tell how many Catholics or Jews were rejoicing either.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

xenophobic?
really now

those links are all fine and dandy but wheres the videos?

the usa today video was on obama and the tulsa article was just an article.

come on man i wanna see the video like when i was watching cnn,msnbc,and fox .
edit on 5-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

xenophobic?
really now

those links are all fine and dandy but wheres the videos?

Where's the Long Form????

Really I think Americans have grown exhausted with the McArthiesm...enough of looking around the melting pot and accusing your fellow Americans of not being American enough....

Our most recent cycle of intolerance and McArtheism is wimpering to close IMO...and I am glad to see it go.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

news flash i am not a birther what the hell does mcarthiesm have to do with an idiot teacher and a student?

your glad to see intolerance go? did you read what you posted?

all i did was ask a question and then you turned into xeonphobia and mcarthiesm.

carry on

and i am moving on.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

all i did was ask a question and then you turned into xeonphobia and mcarthiesm.

carry on

and i am moving on.

And this was your question...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

news flash i am not a birther what the hell does mcarthiesm have to do with an idiot teacher and a student?

your glad to see intolerance go? did you read what you posted?

carry on

and i am moving on.

well, I don't know your intent behind asking how many Muslims were rejoicing, but my interpretation was that you seemed to not think they were. In Chicago, the largest Muslim quasi political organization did hold a press conference to express their happiness that OBL was taken out.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
here's another teacher whom was fired due to the fact she admitted her past as a 'sex worker'?
on a karmic scale of 1 to 10?
op dude is an 8 and the 'hooker teacher' is a 4.

I have two master's degrees, five years' experience in the nonprofit sector and three years' experience teaching -- and I cannot get a job. Why? Just google me. I'm the "Hooker Teacher" -- at least that's what I've come to be called ever since Sept. 27, 2010, when I found myself on the cover of the New York Post. "Meet Melissa Petro," the story began," the teacher who gives a new twist to sex ed." The piece describes me as a "tattooed former hooker and stripper" who was "shockingly upfront about her past." Indeed, earlier that month, I'd written an Op-Ed on the Huffington Post that criticized the recent censoring of the adult services section of Craigslist and came clean about my own sex-worker past. Because I was arguing that sex workers shouldn't be ashamed to speak for themselves, I signed my name to it. The New York Post wasn't interested in my politics, however; its interest seemed only in cooking up shock that an elementary school teacher would dare admit such a shady history.

link

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

so you made up one to suit your own viewpoint based of your own interpretation.

people see what they want to see on here

and it gets old.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Union thugs are rarely sensitive...

What has that got to do with anything?

There are plenty of none union thugs who are also rarely sensitive.

What a cheap shot!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by Carseller4
Union thugs are rarely sensitive...

What has that got to do with anything?

There are plenty of none union thugs who are also rarely sensitive.

What a cheap shot!

The obligatory union thug is in The Fascista Handbook page 2

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
What a stupid, insensitive remark for that teacher to say! And to make a student cry, and show no remorse!

Has that person shown a pattern of similar dealings with students? Has that person been counseled to stop that behavior? If so, then there could be a case for dismissal. These would be questions, I, as a parent, would want to know.

I'm thinking that if that were my child, I would find this a fitting punishment: make that teacher write a letter of apology and then spend 4 Saturdays with my family. S/he would be accompanied by the principal, who would sit silently as an observer. If that teacher was unable to interact with civility, then that could be a sign for that person to take up another profession.

OTOH apparently if that teacher's students had great test scores, then that teacher would be praised and given more pay, and be labeled a great teacher.

You know, as a parent, I would also have to sit down with my child at some point and tell him the facts of life. That there are mean adults out there who are not good examples of how to act, that mean people suck, and that's a good reason not to be mean.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

The obligatory union thug is in The Fascista Handbook page 2

LOL good one.

It's kinda ironic the poster makes a completely insensitive remark in a thread that addresses insensitive remarks.

(the remark was insensitive to union members)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Not the be RACIST or anything, but of course this happened in Texas. Where else?

Arizona you say? Yeah it might have happened in Arizona too. Sorry Texas, you're not the only predictably ignorant state anymore.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by midwest
Not the be RACIST or anything, but of course this happened in Texas. Where else?

Arizona you say? Yeah it might have happened in Arizona too. Sorry Texas, you're not the only predictably ignorant state anymore.

I do not agree with your accusation regarding Texas. These ignorant idiots are in every state, most are just more coy about their racism.

This teacher needs to be fired and it should be demanded by the people of Texas.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
American pushing the envelope of tolerance and understanding again I see.

Oh wait.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
What a total jerk. I sometimes wonder why certain people get into their lines of work when they're clearly not right for the job. To not only be a racist, but to have no problem spewing hatred at a child..why on earth would you become a teacher??

Michelle

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Do you realize that your "BUT" totally negates everything you said previously???

When I read your post...this is what I hear: "Disclaimer, I don't agree with this, BUT, I really do."

What does it matter what unrelated muslims did, bottom line is that this girl didn't deserve those remarks. And it's comments like this teachers, and like yours, that create the environment of hate. :shk:

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join