It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Announces Results of Epic Space-Time Experiment

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
May 4, 2011: Einstein was right again. There is a space-time vortex around Earth, and its shape precisely matches the predictions of Einstein's theory of gravity.
Researchers confirmed these points at a press conference today at NASA headquarters where they announced the long-awaited results of Gravity Probe B (GP-B).
"The space-time around Earth appears to be distorted just as general relativity predicts," says Stanford University physicist Francis Everitt, principal investigator of the Gravity Probe B mission.

"This is an epic result," adds Clifford Will of Washington University in St. Louis. An expert in Einstein's theories, Will chairs an independent panel of the National Research Council set up by NASA in 1998 to monitor and review the results of Gravity Probe B. "One day," he predicts, "this will be written up in textbooks as one of the classic experiments in the history of physics."

For the full story and related links, go to :
science.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by starrmtn001

Oh yes that is a great find in the field of astrophysics. This is that kind of finding the world needs to push even further our knowledge in the world of science.

S&F for this one,

Thruthseek3r

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

So what has this proven?... That we are wrapped in a bubble of space time that is distorted from the rest of the galaxy or something? What does it mean exactly?

Would just like to add: From what I can understand after reading, our planet is technically on a black hole? Or...?

Jamie.
edit on 5-5-2011 by pandapowerjamie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
What I'd like to know is, at what point does an object have enough mass to bend time-space.... in the trampoline example, a feather isn't going to make a dent in the surface. And since everything seems to have an opposite, what would be the converse of a dimple in space-time? A zit?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Terribly interesting till it gets to the numbers and factors.
In short, does this mean i will be able to go back in time and get the shotgun i lost in the lake?
Or are they just saying Einstein was ahead of his time,? in thought of course.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
S&F for posting a decent thread on something worthwhile and factual.

Great confirmation for science, there are probably already many experiments in place utilising this as a 'theory', now known as fact, it's a good fact to confirm.
edit on 5-5-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
o WOW thats really cool. thanks for the info

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Nice post

I just read the link, very interesting. Albert Einstein, what a guy, what a mind!

Thank's for this thread.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Nice find. Though I am not sure what this tells us.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It's a nice find!
Does it mean every celestial body has a space-time interface before space?

Does it affect any system crossing it, and in what way?

Also;

Everitt recalls some advice given to him by his thesis advisor and Nobel Laureate Patrick M.S. Blackett: "If you can't think of what physics to do next, invent some new technology, and it will lead to new physics."

"Well," says Everitt, "we invented 13 new technologies for Gravity Probe B. Who knows where they will take us?"

That seems easy...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Thank you. I think that the fact that NASA has taken an interest in the time/space question itself, is noteworthy. Personally, I don't think they'll arrive at a concrete resolve anytime soon - if at all. If nothing else, the article is great fodder for debate.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This is a really refreshing thread and though provoking development. I think we'll be time traveling soon and learning phenomenal new secrets about traversing the universe and other dimensions very soon. S&F.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

Maybe this interface IS the Graal of time-travel? It could be the place to open space-time-doorways... making easier space travel! It would be very practical...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Yeah, it may be pure flight of fancy on my part but is there a reason that this door can't be opened very quickly and very easily after all? I would totally welcome some huge breakthrough like this to change this world up dramatically...we need something big and awesome and inspiring.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by starrmtn001
May 4, 2011: Einstein was right again. There is a space-time vortex around Earth, and its shape precisely matches the predictions of Einstein's theory of gravity.
Researchers confirmed these points at a press conference today at NASA headquarters where they announced the long-awaited results of Gravity Probe B (GP-B).
"The space-time around Earth appears to be distorted just as general relativity predicts," says Stanford University physicist Francis Everitt, principal investigator of the Gravity Probe B mission.

"This is an epic result," adds Clifford Will of Washington University in St. Louis. An expert in Einstein's theories, Will chairs an independent panel of the National Research Council set up by NASA in 1998 to monitor and review the results of Gravity Probe B. "One day," he predicts, "this will be written up in textbooks as one of the classic experiments in the history of physics."

For the full story and related links, go to :
science.nasa.gov...

Another good thread but with very few flags and stars while the epitomes of stupidity and end times fear mongering are getting the best of ATS once more.

Originally posted by starrmtn001"The space-time around Earth appears to be distorted just as general relativity predicts,"

An insignificant distortion like how insignificant is the little folding on the foil that the chocolates we can buy from a super market are wrapped around, so that you can unwrap the whole foil covering it with a bit of ease.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Well, NASA would be just confirming (kind of), what other people said already. If you had a chance to read "The cosmic Plan" (available from many different sources in internet), you'll find out that info is well known by many contactees.

Here is an example (go to 4:00 on the first video and go to the next one) :

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
Nice post

I just read the link, very interesting. Albert Einstein, what a guy, what a mind!

Thank's for this thread.

Berlin, Sunday

Dear colleague!

I find your derivation wonderful, now I understand everything. At first, the small writing mistakes on the second page had caused me some difficulties. Now, however, I understand everything. You should publish the theory in this new form in the Annals of Physics since the physicists do not normally know anything about this subject as was also the case with me. With my letter I must have come across to you like a Berliner who had just discovered Grunewald and wondered whether people were already living there.

If you wouldn't mind also making the effort to present to me the canonical transfromations, you'll find in me a grateful and attentive audience. If you, however, answer the question about the closed time trajectories, I will appear before you with my hands folded. The underlying truth, though, is well worth some perspiration.

Best regards, your Albert Einstein.

letter to Constantin Caratheodory, mathematician, professor of mathematics, military engineer, writer (about Cheops pyramid measurements, published in 1901, Egyptian history and geography).
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-5-2011 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

So what are you saying, Einstein was not responsible for the theory of relativity?

new topics

top topics

join