It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right To Think Will Be Suspended In Iraq!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I think the point is that now there is a democratic government in Iraq so things like free speech could be taken away �democratically� and no one could call foul and say there is a dictator taking away the rights of the people. Maybe I�m wrong, I kind of got lost to.

The problem with that argument is that anything you put down on paper to give the people can easily be negated and taken away. So, do you write the rights everyone has, knowing that they could possibly be taken away with the stroke of a pen, or do you leave them lawless and in complete anarchy because it makes them truly free.

Practically speaking, leaving them lawless isn�t really an option because it is only a matter of time before someone comes in to fill the void with whatever type of government they choose. Historically, we haven�t had much luck with this.

I hope this is on-topic, the whole thread is a little cryptic for me.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kogigaiden
land of enlightenment sounds absolutely splendid. i would think the american government would not be able to presuade them that easily since i doubt iraqis watch as much TV as americans.

They can watch everything on TV in the entire world, and read every paper they can get.

YOU show me where I cut-n-pasted this from.

If you can show I did not write this myself I will apolgize to the entire forum, and admit I am a liar in multiple threads.

No one can see it, or they are not telling.

Deal?

They still will not have a clue unless they read the words they are bound by with the belief that America does not have the best intentions, and an understanding far deeper than most of how they do the things they do while smiling on TV.

I will answer all questions on topic, and maybe any if I have time.

I am one man, and I need sleep......

[edit on 1-8-2004 by ArchAngel]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
They almost told you who they were, and who is really in control. It was edited out of the transcript of the Saddam court appearance.

HUSSEIN (THROUGH TRANSLATOR): May I have clarification?

JUDGE (THROUGH TRANSLATOR): Go ahead, please.

HUSSEIN (THROUGH TRANSLATOR): You also have to introduce yourself to me.

JUDGE (THROUGH TRANSLATOR): Mr. Saddam, I am the investigative judge of the central court of Iraq.

HUSSEIN (THROUGH TRANSLATOR): So that I have to know, you are an investigative judge of the central court of Iraq? What resolution, what law formed this court?

JUDGE (THROUGH TRANSLATOR): (OFF-MIKE)

HUSSEIN (THROUGH TRANSLATOR): Oh, the coalition forces? So you are an Iraqi that -- you are representing the occupying forces?

You can tell people most of the truth, but not all.

Its how double speak is enabled, and can appear to represent openness.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
BTW- I started posting here as AArchAngel, and was the one who first posted about the Mars rover color conspiracy that was so big for so long.

The reason I was the first is because I do not trust them, and look very closely at everything they do.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by para
I think the point is that now there is a democratic government in Iraq so things like free speech could be taken away �democratically� and no one could call foul and say there is a dictator taking away the rights of the people. Maybe I�m wrong, I kind of got lost to.

You are on the right path.

It will appear to be identical to freedoms in America.

The illusion will be maintained as long as it can be, or as long as it is useful.

Then rights will be taken away and the entire nation will be enslaved until they overthrow their government, if they ever can.

But even when it happens many will not know that they are slaves until they realize they cannot escape.

Or has it already happened?

I have not finished answering your questions.

Please be patient.

I am but one man.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
come on, get out of that country bush.

youre messsing it up even more.

this wasnt a war to get a free new state you know

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is stupid...

It's just a bunch of posts, spread out about two minutes, by the same person.

One big copy and paste.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
This is stupid...

It's just a bunch of posts, spread out about two minutes, by the same person.

One big copy and paste.

Where did I copy and paste it from?

If you can prove these are not my words, and my ideas I will apologize to the entire forum, admit I am a liar in multiple threads, and throw out my PC and buy an Apple.

Deal?

Until then please try to believe that I may be telling the truth.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by para

The problem with that argument is that anything you put down on paper to give the people can easily be negated and taken away.

How will they do that when the puppet government asks the American military to help them defend democracy from insurgents?

So, do you write the rights everyone has, knowing that they could possibly be taken away with the stroke of a pen, or do you leave them lawless and in complete anarchy because it makes them truly free.

Rights do not need to be given to people. God did that. The government must not have the power to take away basic human rights. Otherwise at some time they will.

Practically speaking, leaving them lawless isn�t really an option because it is only a matter of time before someone comes in to fill the void with whatever type of government they choose. Historically, we haven�t had much luck with this.

I am not saying there should be no law. I am saying there should be law that represents the people and cannot take away what God gave to them.

I hope this is on-topic, the whole thread is a little cryptic for me.

If you read it with understanding it is clear.

It was very much on topic, and I welcome any more questions or comments.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller.........One big copy and paste.

So how much does the Icrap cost?

I really like my PC, but I am a man of my word, and I may as well get the latest, and greatest multi-function device I can from Apple after you show us all that one link.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

So how much does the Icrap cost?

I really like my PC, but I am a man of my word, and I may as well get the latest, and greatest multi-function device I can from Apple after you show us all that one link.

Don't mean to be a jerk, but please keep discussion on topic.

`MacKiller

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Don't mean to be a jerk, but please keep discussion on topic.

`MacKiller

Have you posted anything on topic?

Accusing me of being a liar is hardly on topic.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Lets make this clear.

I NEVER once in any of my posts accused ANYONE of being a liar.

It's over, lets not continue this anymore.

Done with.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Lets make this clear.

I NEVER once in any of my posts accused ANYONE of being a liar.

It's over, lets not continue this anymore.

Done with.

If you had even read the thread you would have seen that I said I wrote it.

You called me a liar, or you were ignorant.

And you were off topic.[as if that could be on topic anywhere]

Next time bring a link before you make such accusations.

[edit on 2-8-2004 by ArchAngel]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Quote:
Originally Posted by �Many different people�:

The court would have power to have ARRESTED elected officials , If they are suspected of commiting war crimes, The court has no authority to inact or veto executive policy, nor the power to create legislation........so how does this court undermine democracy?

Quote:
THE STATUTE OF THE IRAQI SPECIAL TRIBUNAL
SECTION THREE
Jurisdiction and Crimes
PART FIVE
Violations of Stipulated Iraqi Laws
Article 14.

The Tribunal shall have the power to prosecute persons who have committed the following crimes under Iraqi law:

a) For those outside the judiciary, the attempt to manipulate the judiciary or involvement in the functions of the judiciary, in violation, inter alia, of the Iraqi interim constitution of 1970, as amended;

b) The wastage of national resources and the squandering of public assets and funds, pursuant to, inter alia, Article 2(g) of Law Number 7 of 1958, as amended; and

c) The abuse of position and the pursuit of policies that may lead to the threat of war or the use of the armed forces of Iraq against an Arab country, in accordance with Article 1 of Law Number 7 of 1958, as amended.

"Oh my! "

"Look at this document we just found while searching for the missing money. "

"It�s the same kind of paper they used for the yellow cake letter. "

"Someone dropped a penney. "

"Look whos name is on it. "

"He doesn�t even deseve to think anymore. "

Quote:
SECTION ONE
The Establishment, Organization and Competence of the Tribunal
PART SIX
Tribunal Investigative Judges
Article 7.

h) In accordance with Iraqi criminal procedure, each Tribunal Investigative Judge shall have the power to issue subpoenas, arrest warrants and indictments with respect to individuals that they are investigating.

"ARREST THAT MAN! "

"But I didn�t do ANYTHING! "

(No one bites the hidden hand)

Quote:
PART FIVE
Violations of Stipulated Iraqi Laws
SECTION FOUR
Individual Criminal Responsibility
Article 15.

1. Commits such a crime, whether as an individual, jointly with another or through another person, regardless of whether that other person is criminally responsible;

"Who said you had to? "

top topics

<< 1   >>

join