It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right To Think Will Be Suspended In Iraq!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
You cannot stop people from thinking altogether, and you cannot stop them from thinking what you do not want them to think.

You can stop people from coercing others into thinking what you do not want them to think.

Then you control everything they think!

First freedoms will be taken away. But the people will not be told about it.

www.cpa-iraq.org...

LAW OF ADMINISTRATION FOR THE STATE OF IRAQ

FOR THE TRANSITIONAL PERIOD

Article 12.

All Iraqis are equal in their rights without regard to gender, sect, opinion, belief, nationality, religion, or origin, and they are equal before the law. Discrimination against an Iraqi citizen on the basis of his gender, nationality, religion, or origin is prohibited. Everyone has the right to life, liberty, and the security of his person. No one may be deprived of his life or liberty, except in accordance with legal procedures. All are equal before the courts.

Consider what the law will be when freedoms are taken away from the Iraqis.

Article 13.
(f) Each Iraqi DOES NOT HAVE the right to freedom of thought, conscience, and religious belief and practice. Coercion in such matters shall be prohibited.

Then all you need to do is control the media, which they already do by law.

[edit on 31-7-2004 by ArchAngel]

[edit on 1-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
They had a much better deal under Saddam.

www.strike-free.org...

CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF IRAQ

July 16, 1970

PART I - ESTABLISHING THE FEDERAL STATE

Article 3:

Power is inherent in the people as they are the source of its legitimacy.

There is no such line in the new constitution.

The people of Iraq, striving to reclaim their freedom, which was usurped by the previous tyrannical regime, rejecting violence and coercion in all their forms, and particularly when used as instruments of governance, have determined that they shall hereafter remain a free people governed under the rule of law.

When the constitution is ratified the people will agree to be subject to imposed law, instead of being the source of its legitimacy.

I AM A SLAVE BUT I AM FREE!

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Article 13.

(A) Public and private freedoms shall be protected.

(B) The right of free expression shall be protected.

(C) The right of free peaceable assembly and the right to join associations freely, as well as the right to form and join unions and political parties freely, in accordance with the law, shall be guaranteed.

(D) Each Iraqi has the right of free movement in all parts of Iraq and the right to travel abroad and return freely.

(E) Each Iraqi has the right to demonstrate and strike peaceably in accordance with the law.

(F) Each Iraqi has the right to freedom of thought, conscience, and religious belief and practice. Coercion in such matters shall be prohibited.

-------------

coercion

\Co*er"cion\, n. [L. coercio, fr. coercere. See Coerce.] 1. The act or process of coercing.

2. (Law) The application to another of either physical or moral force. When the force is physical, and cannot be resisted, then the act produced by it is a nullity, so far as concerns the party coerced. When the force is moral, then the act, though voidable, is imputable to the party doing it, unless he be so paralyzed by terror as to act convulsively. At the same time coercion is not negatived by the fact of submission under force. ``Coactus volui'' (I consented under compulsion) is the condition of mind which, when there is volition forced by coercion, annuls the result of such coercion. --Wharton.

--------

Not sure what you're trying to say about this article.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
America is giving Iraq freedoms with their new government.

Just giving it to them, no questions asked.

Is that great, or what?

Lets look at what gives them these basic human rights.

The Iraqi Constitution.

It will soon be ratified by an elected democratic government.

Then it will be legitimate, and recognized by the UN and the rest of the world so we will be able to put all that talk of invasions, and occupations behind us.

I bet you will all feel at least a bit better when that happens......

www.cpa-iraq.org...

CHAPTER TWO – FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS

Article 13.

(F) Each Iraqi has the right to freedom of thought, conscience, and religious belief and practice. Coercion in such matters shall be prohibited.

I cried when I read this.

Bill of Rights
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

What is different between our version of freedom, and the Iraqi version of freedom, and why is it different.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   

What you must understand is that these are dual documents.

They have two meanings.

One is for the average person.

They read it and tears well in their eyes thinking of all the freedoms they were given that Saddam denied them.

The reality would also bring tears to their eyes, but in much greater volumes.

They will look at their brothers on the other side of the border who do not have what they do.

They will join with with America and help us fight their brothers to bring them freedom, and unite under democracy an Islamic world that has been separated for so long by nothing more than a line in the sand and rules they agreed to when they joined the UN.

And the Iranians will look at the freedoms Iraq has, and throw down their arms.

Who can make war with the Beast?

It is all controled with the ROGUE COURT.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
From your own web site:

www.cpa-iraq.org...
Article 13.
(A) Public and private freedoms shall be protected.
(B) The right of free expression shall be protected.
(C) The right of free peaceable assembly and the right to join associations freely, as well as the right to form and join unions and political parties freely, in accordance with the law, shall be guaranteed.
(D) Each Iraqi has the right of free movement in all parts of Iraq and the right to travel abroad and return freely.
(E) Each Iraqi has the right to demonstrate and strike peaceably in accordance with the law.
(G) Slavery, the slave trade, forced labor, and involuntary servitude with or without pay, shall be forbidden.
(H) Each Iraqi has the right to privacy.

Maybe you mis-read? Looks like they have freedom of thought to me. The US deprives people of life and liberty by executing them or send them to jail, respectively. All in accordance with legal procedures.

EDIT – Are you trying to say how easy it would be to take away the right to freedom of thought?

[edit on 7/31/04 by para]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Please understand I am not doing this to be stupid, and it is not a hoax.

Do not believe a word I say.

Read the documents for yourself.

How many times have you read the Iraqi constitution?

www.cpa-iraq.org...

There is so much more to add, but I would like some people to be with me when I do.

Debunk me.

I dare you.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
mind control by proxy......those of like beliefs, culture, religion, etc. tend to hive together their opinions.....the fact that this exists is what makes it possible for elections and the like or else there may never be a majority consensus to anything......to manipulate through the media while simultaneously stifling what interactions people have with one another by using fear and other propaganda to physical force used to scatter the public, enables the Iraqi government (which is US government by all rights and laws) to choose most of what it's people see.....when cut off from the rest of the "hive" individuals are forced to reprogram how they get their information, i.e. the media.....the government is now part of the society (the main part) and becomes a peer to it's people....someone is naturally more trusting of a "friend" than a set of men handed their power....these people are now primed to believe the suspicious and will more often than not, turn to their government for guidance when questioning leadership instead of the people around them....obviously biased, this allows for near complete control...the government is now the puppeteer....

[edit on 31-7-2004 by onetd4u28]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by para
Maybe you mis-read? Looks like they have freedom of thought to me. The US deprives people of life and liberty by executing them or send them to jail, respectively. All in accordance with legal procedures.

EDIT – Are you trying to say how easy it would be to take away the right to freedom of thought?

What I am saying is that it is not what it looks to be, and this has been planned for years.

When Iraq ratifies the constitution they will be getting exactly what we wanted to give them.

Thus the 'handover' of power.

If we had not handed over this evil democracy they would have created their own that was free.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
EDIT - you posted while I was typing, disregard.

[edit on 7/31/04 by para]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

Lets take a look at what happens in Iraqi law when freedoms are taken away by the government.

Article 13.

(A) Public and private freedoms shall NOT be protected.

(B) The right of free expression shall NOT be protected.

© The right of free peaceable assembly and the right to join associations freely, as well as the right to form and join unions and political parties freely, in accordance with the law, shall NOT be guaranteed.

(D) Each Iraqi DOES NOT HAVE the right of free movement in all parts of Iraq and the right to travel abroad and return freely.

(E) Each Iraqi DOES NOT HAVE the right to demonstrate and strike peaceably in accordance with the law.

(F) Each Iraqi DOES NOT HAVE the right to freedom of thought, conscience, and religious belief and practice. Coercion in such matters shall be prohibited.

(G) Slavery, the slave trade, forced labor, and involuntary servitude with or without pay, shall NOT be forbidden.

(H) Each Iraqi DOES NOT HAVE the right to privacy.

How does that sound for a democracy?

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by onetd4u28
mind control by proxy.....

The mind control has already begun.

America took over all major media in Iraq, and lords over the others.

They are trying to establish a seemingly legitimate news source for the people so they can use it to tell them what they will believe.

Just like in America now.....

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I wonder for wish Iraqis this so call American version of constitution is going to work for, because for what I can see beside Baghdad the rest of the nation is been rule by Islamic radicals and clerics.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I wonder for wish Iraqis this so call American version of constitution is going to work for, because for what I can see beside Baghdad the rest of the nation is been rule by Islamic radicals and clerics.

The society, and the LAW are two different things.

Under Saddam they had more rights under the LAW.

How it is applied is a different story.

Saddam never broke Iraqi law with the things he did, and no, I am not kidding.

The new government has even more power than Saddam did.

They are just not applying it yet.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by onetd4u28
mind control by proxy......those of like beliefs, culture, religion, etc. tend to hive together their opinions.....the fact that this exists is what makes it possible for elections and the like or else there may never be a majority consensus to anything........

People must give up their rights, and willingly so.

I wish that I could give you my shoe so that you could listen to it and see everything I saw when I went to where they do not want you to go.

But this journey you must take yourself and you will get there much quicker if you simply put the shoe on the other foot.

It hurts the feet, but opens the eyes so that you can see all along the dark path you must take to be where I have been.

There are other paths available to you.

Just turn on the TV and close your mind if you do not want to go.

But I would like to lead you to the land of enlightenment.

[edit on 1-8-2004 by ArchAngel]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
What is POWER?

Power is the ability to impose your will over another.

Saddam held power in Iraq because he had this ability. The people gave it to him with the old Iraqi constitution. Compared to the puppets the English installed it sounded pretty good. We know what the results were.

The people gave their power to Saddam by agreeing to be governed. But not because they wanted him to have power. They wanted a government of their own that was free, and independent of outside forces. They wanted Sovereignty, and who can blame them. Well, they got it.

Later they were sorry they did, but it was too late. You must have some form of government, even if it is simple tribal, or religious law. There must be law to maintain order for without it there will be chaos. We all saw that with the riots, and looting after Saddam fell from power. There was no order because the power to enforce the law evaporated. This created a power vacuum which we filled.

We are in the process of creating new law, and establishing it so that power to enforce the law that maintains order can be held by elected Iraqis. This will give it legitimacy because representatives of the people will agree to this law when they raitfy the new constitution.

It would not have worked were it not for the handover of power. Since we gave them the government we got to create it, and through this creation we will have power over even the people elected to represent the Iraqi people for we shall hold their very lives in our hands. Even greater power than Saddam had. All from a hidden hand within the elected democratic government.

ROGUE COURT:

The only thing the court is bound by is its founding statute.

www.cpa-iraq.org...

CHAPTER SEVEN – THE SPECIAL TRIBUNAL AND NATIONAL COMMISSIONS

Article 48.

(A) The statute establishing the Iraqi Special Tribunal issued on 10 December 2003 is confirmed. That statute exclusively defines its jurisdiction and procedures, notwithstanding the provisions of this Law.

(B) No other court shall have jurisdiction to examine cases within the competence of the Iraqi Special Tribunal, except to the extent provided by its founding statute.

It is free and independent of any Iraqi authority.

hrcr.law.columbia.edu...
THE STATUTE OF THE IRAQI SPECIAL TRIBUNAL
SECTION ONE
The Establishment, Organization and Competence of the Tribunal
PART ONE
Establishment and Competence of the Tribunal
Article 1.

a) A Tribunal is hereby established and shall be known as the “Iraqi Special Tribunal for Crimes Against Humanity” (the “Tribunal”). The jurisdiction and functioning of the Tribunal and its associated bodies as defined in Article 3(B ) below shall be governed by the provisions of this Statute. The Tribunal shall be an independent entity and not associated with any Iraqi government departments.

They have power over virtually the entire population, and anyone meeting requirements to run for office. All they need to do is accuse someone of a crime.

B ) The Tribunal shall have jurisdiction over any Iraqi national or resident of Iraq accused of the crimes listed in Articles 11 to 14 below, committed since July 17, 1968 and up until and including May 1, 2003, in the territory of the Republic of Iraq or elsewhere, including crimes committed in connection with Iraq’s wars against the Islamic Republic of Iran and the State of Kuwait. This includes jurisdiction over crimes listed in Articles 12 and 13 committed against the people of Iraq (including its Arabs, Kurds, Turcomans, Assyrians and other ethnic groups, and its Shi’ites and Sunnis) whether or not committed in armed conflict.

The foreign Judges will not be bound by it.

c) The Tribunal shall only have jurisdiction over natural persons.

The foreign Judges were seated under the authority of the Puppet IGC.

Article 4.
d) The Governing Council, if it deems necessary, can appoint non-Iraqi judges who have experience in the crimes encompassed in this statute, and who shall be persons of high moral character, impartiality and integrity.

They can only be removed by the rogue court.

hrcr.law.columbia.edu...
THE STATUTE OF THE IRAQI SPECIAL TRIBUNAL
SECTION ONE
The Establishment, Organization and Competence of the Tribunal
PART SIX
Tribunal Investigative Judges

(2) The decision to disqualify a Tribunal Investigative Judge shall be taken by the majority of permanent judges of the Tribunal, after conducting appropriate investigations.

American 'advisors' are inside everywhere.

n) The Chief Tribunal Investigative Judge shall be required to appoint non-Iraqi nationals to act in advisory capacities or as observers to the Tribunal Investigative Judges. The role of the non-Iraqi nationals and observers shall be to provide assistance to the Tribunal Investigative Judges with respect to the investigations and prosecution of cases covered by the this Statute (whether in an international context or otherwise), and to monitor the protection by the Tribunal Investigative Judges of general due process of law standards. In appointing such advisors, the Chief Tribunal Investigative Judge shall be entitled to request assistance from the international community, including the United Nations.

They will be Judges, and prosecuters.

o) The non-Iraqi advisors and observers referred to in this Article shall also be persons of high moral character, impartiality and integrity. In this regard, it would be preferable that such non-Iraqi advisor or observer shall have the following experience: (i) such person shall have acted in either a judicial or prosecutorial capacity in his or her respective country, or (ii) such person shall have experience in international war crimes trials or tribunals.

No appeal to the Iraqi federal court is allowed.

Article 48.
(B ) No other court shall have jurisdiction to examine cases within the competence of the Iraqi Special Tribunal, except to the extent provided by its founding statute.

Saddam only dreamed of having this much power.

America will hold complete power in Iraq under a democratically elected government though this court in compliance with all law.

And nothing the Iraqis can do will stop it unless they overthrow their democratically elected government.

[edit on 1-8-2004 by ArchAngel]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
You've completely lost me with this thread. Also, it looks like you're seriously misquoting the Iraqi laws.

I mean, couldn't you add "IS NOT" in front of anything in the US constitution, or any other law in the world, and then stand back saying "look how horrible it looks"?

I'm not a big fan of the war in Iraq, but I will admit that the Iraqi people are better off without Saddam. They wouldn't have given themselves their freedom while Saddam was in power because they didn't have the power to overthrow Saddam and his army/police force.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
You've completely lost me with this thread. Also, it looks like you're seriously misquoting the Iraqi laws.

I am not a lawyer, but I know more about Iraqi law than anyone you ever met.

Please trust me.

>>>I mean, couldn't you add "IS NOT" in front of anything in the US constitution, or any other law in the world, and then stand back saying "look how horrible it looks"?>>>I'm not a big fan of the war in Iraq, but I will admit that the Iraqi people are better off without Saddam. They wouldn't have given themselves their freedom while Saddam was in power because they didn't have the power to overthrow Saddam and his army/police force.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K it looks like you're seriously misquoting the Iraqi laws.

I was showing what the law would be when the government takes away the freedoms the constitution gave them.

Unspun........

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
land of enlightenment sounds absolutely splendid. i would think the american government would not be able to presuade them that easily since i doubt iraqis watch as much TV as americans.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join