It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If extraterrestrials are monitoring our TV, what are they watching now?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I love Lucy or Gilligans Island?

Reminds me of Galaxy Quest the movie.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I wonder if we can charge them for network access if they are found watching our shows...

Rupert Murdoch is probably consulting his legal team right now and working out a way to charge for his networks.

He might even be trying to charge space itself for just having the signals pass through it. There's a whole lot of space out there, plenty of opportunity for profit.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reply to post by zorgon

I wonder if we can charge them for network access if they are found watching our shows...

and hmm...I wonder if such things were found out about...if our marketers would start making commercials targetting aliens...the mind swims in humor on that concept).

Ask the Governator, Arnold. Seeing as Hollywood is in his state and California already tried to tax satellites flying over the state

You know they even have a sign in the public forests that requires you to have a permit to photograph the trees and if you get bonked on the head by one of those huge pine cones, you get fined if you try to take it home...

So yeah If they could find a way... they would

Anyhow, your basing this on what...how far our signals have travelled so far, or how advanced an alien race is and the limitations of alien routers to shoot information once recieved onward

On how far they have travelled since radio was invented and the quality of the signal sent. My understand is that the older TV signals become garbled noise after about 20 light years. So if they are watching and sending in up the line via subspace communication or quantum entanglement, that would be proof that they had ships or listening posts in the neighborhood

someone in andromeda watching the latest game being played

Well we have plotted several hundred exoplanets but the only ones close are in the Gliese 581 system, 21.5 LY away and we already have a message on the way to them
But they may have a transmitter on Eros (asteroid). ESA picked up this artifact

(not that I think our programming is special..well, maybe Lost would trigger their interest a bit..hopefully they didn't get into firefly too much, else we can expect an invasion due to its cancellation)

Actually they watched "Independence Day" and it scared the crap out of them and that is why there haven't been any decent UFO sightings for years (save the local critters
)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78
A re-run of one of their favorite movies, "The Day the Earth Stood Still"

You are aware that was based on a true story, yes? There were a lot of visitors from Venus around that time... however I suspect that Venus was not their point of origin

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

But they may have a transmitter on Eros (asteroid). ESA picked up this artifact

Oh Zorgon...how you can truely disappoint me at times

You honestly think their technology is somehow caught in the 70s with a single giant tower transmitter? Come on now...for a out of box thinker, you are certainly stuffing yourself in a pretty old one.

I present to you, the transmitter:

And you thought the antenna's were strictly for recieving information...
these bugs (bugs in the literal and tech sense) are everywhere monitoring everything...once we tune into the right frequency, we will hear the small signals they give off...multiply that by a bazillion...

(not that I think our programming is special..well, maybe Lost would trigger their interest a bit..hopefully they didn't get into firefly too much, else we can expect an invasion due to its cancellation)

Actually they watched "Independence Day" and it scared the crap out of them and that is why there haven't been any decent UFO sightings for years (save the local critters
)

They know better than to invade while Will Smith is still alive.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
there gonna be watching this for sure!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You are aware that was based on a true story, yes? There were a lot of visitors from Venus around that time... however I suspect that Venus was not their point of origin

No, its not

Day/still is a rewrite of an older sci-fi called farewell to the master...which had no real plot or story beyond...space robots have human clone slaves.
the rewrite was to make it a more interesting story...used the klaatu and gort characters, put a moral message behind it, and voila...day the earth stood still became a better version of farewell.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatGuyInTheKnow

Well, at least if they arrive in ships and a bunch of flava flav's step out...we know they are after our prostitutes.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Hmmmm..... never heard that mentioned before but it is definitely interesting, and I would like to hear more about that little tidbit of info if you have a source for same to post here..... regardless I thought it was a good movie with an interesting theme.

edit on 5/6/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I hope they're watching Star Trek and deciding that they don't want to mess with a galaxy class cruiser.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If they ever catch old reruns of "HEEEEEE-HAWWWW", we are number one on the "Extermination List"

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatGuyInTheKnow

and they are probably trying to figure out why such beautiful women are throwing themselves at a man wearing a clock around his neck and viking horns

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

I think many aliens would enjoy the TV sitcom 'My Favorite Martian'.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
They'd be watching the NBA playoffs and seeing the Lakers melt-down if they were watching my TV

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Omicron2/40 Eridani better brace themselves for some pretty solid TV

ST:TNG -all im say

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
They would be watching reno 911 duh

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join