It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If extraterrestrials are monitoring our TV, what are they watching now?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
A re-run of one of their favorite movies, "The Day the Earth Stood Still"

edit on 5/5/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Maybe they're just tuning in to X-Files and going, "Holy Crap! - They're onto us!"

I really hope so.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Planet of the Apes (2011).
edit on 6-5-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Jerry Springer ofcourse, saying "smack that old hillbilly hag"!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
LOL! They're watching Jersey Shore. XD

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Are you kidding? They have been watching all our TV, radio, newspapers, and you wouldn't believe how they are able to capture and record simple conversations, thoughts and dreams. They probably have everything of this website and every website on archive. Why would you think they are in any way less advanced than we are???

I am speaking from the memory of having been shown their data banks back in 1953/1954, before I was even born. It would appear they are advanced beyond the trivial imagination of people who imagine they are less intelligent than us.

But maybe if you have pure intent, you might be able to communicate with them in your dreams, since they aren't too keen on overt and open contact it would appear.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Thanks for all that credibility you just gave the ETH.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura

Awesome i always wanted him as my pet. I really hate cats.

I guess we could consider ourselfs lucky that they haven´t watched our so called reality tv shows crap yet. Imagine a conversation with an alien and our worldleaders about surrender and the reason why they hate us is "Your tv shows making us mad as hell and we can´t take it anymore!"

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Thanks for all that credibility you just gave the ETH.
What is the ETH?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Please don't be Jersey Shore, Please don't be Jersey Shore, Please don't be Jersey Shore

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I would vote for "Ancient Aliens", popcorn at the ready, laughing their gray butts off.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I am speaking from the memory of having been shown their data banks back in 1953/1954, before I was even born.

Huh?? Would you care to elaborate on this a bit? You have "memory", from before your own birth, of alien-critter data banks?

What, pray-tell, can you share about the CONTENT of these data banks? (this should be VERY interesting...)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
When the Jerry Springer show and The View make it around the galactic neighborhood, you can kiss our chances of any near term alien human relationship goodbye... Even worse yet, the violent war, crimes, gangster films we have saturating the airwaves. This could be a good thing, because less contact with ET, means less chance we will encounter a psychotic civilization that will want to suck the souls out of our pores... Then again, it could be a bad thing, because we might be looked at as lowly insects waiting to be squashed (an apathetic cake walk of doom), and we will miss out on any advanced life saving technology, neat gizmos, and spiritually enlightening and scientific discoveries and what not.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I got bored last night and so flipped on syfy (trying to boycott them due to them cancelling all intelligent science fiction shows..however, meh...I slip up) and they were playing some old star trek tng. It was about them making first contact with some alien race.

They talked to the native scientist on how they go about this, from monitoring communications, media, entertainment...

She looked sheepish and asked not to be judged on their music or media entertainment. heh

What are they watching? I imagine everything..but not because they would be engrossed over the orangeing of snooky...rather to understand the mindset of all...so, they would see episodes of southpark catering towards one segment of the population, episodes of nova's universe series as catering towards another...aka, they would see a diverse set of thinking and entertainment.

Which means if/when they come here to make offical contact and walk amongst us, they will understand at least our humor and intellectual desires equally..which makes them know how to "fit in".

But I suspect they are probably fascinated with lady gaga videos (probably wondering if there was a border crossing...hey...isn't that Vala'tu from the Necor system? whats she doing on this backwoods planet anyhow, and why is she wearing last season's egg in the hair style? how outdated..and omg...the meat dress? that went out of galactic fashion like 3 earth years ago...no imagination!)
edit on 6-5-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I reckon they are watching repeats of ALF and rolling about holding their sides..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Gravity
I reckon they are watching repeats of ALF and rolling about holding their sides..

Or concerned that there has been a breach of security

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Wouldn't have even thought of ALF normally, I just see him turn up in threads here every so often and it makes me laugh. I like the thought of them watching the X-Files though, as that's my favourite show of all time I think, and probably had the biggest influence on me. They might realise that at least some of us down here aren't daft if they manage to watch the whole 9 series.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well for them alien life forms (ALFs) to be able to watch all those shows, they would have to live around one of these stars. These are the stars within 50 light years from us. Beyond that I doubt TV would be any more than just noise

edit on 6-5-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I wonder if we can charge them for network access if they are found watching our shows...

and hmm...I wonder if such things were found out about...if our marketers would start making commercials targetting aliens...the mind swims in humor on that concept).

Anyhow, your basing this on what...how far our signals have travelled so far, or how advanced an alien race is and the limitations of alien routers to shoot information once recieved onward

There was a discussion about quantum teleportation of information across any amount of space...so, really it is fair to speculate that if such a device was within the range of the signal, then it could be "beamed" across to a different galaxy if they chose...someone in andromeda watching the latest game being played

(not that I think our programming is special..well, maybe Lost would trigger their interest a bit..hopefully they didn't get into firefly too much, else we can expect an invasion due to its cancellation)

Check...and mate!

<< 1    3 >>

join