It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If extraterrestrials are monitoring our TV, what are they watching now?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Just making an operation with the distance of some stars and planets and the speed of electromagnetic waves, you can have this graphic.

source

Reminds me of the very beginning of the movie "Contact"...

edit on 5-5-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Oh man, I hope they get here BEFORE the Pat Sajack Show reaches their planets! How will we be able to explain that one?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Lets hope they are lucky enough to avoid the constant Royal Wedding/OBL crap we've had to suffer for the last two weeks solid

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
There are some programs on television that make absolutely no sense at all. If aliens watch some of our shows, they will be really confused. Then again, some people actually watch that garbage, so some people must actually think it is a protrayal of real life, or at least they must wish life was like that.

I'd seriously stay away from Earth I think, if all I knew about it was from watching some of the garbage.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It's a really nice question OP and I'll star and flag you for it just because it's quaint and I like quaint.

We don't know where 'aliens' are so we have no way of determining what they are watching (or if they are even capable of picking up and translating our signals) but I'd like to think either Monty Pythons Flying Circus, Doctor Who or Quantum Leap.

I'm fairly sure they'll be asking for Tevo once they discover they can bypass adverts

-m0r

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I hope they have better things to watch on their TV's because nowadays everything is just propaganda and brainwashing.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morbidness
I hope they have better things to watch on their TV's because nowadays everything is just propaganda and brainwashing.

Eactly. I mean, right now I'm watching Britain's Best Dish with amateur cooks trying to be crowned the best in the country and it's total propaganda to make me eat food.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by Morbidness

Eactly. I mean, right now I'm watching Britain's Best Dish with amateur cooks trying to be crowned the best in the country and it's total propaganda to make me eat food.

And not only that, Discovery Channel is constantly making propaganda for example there was this show about WikiLeaks or Gadget Show, which have always some gadgets like iPhone or HTC for example.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Maybe some are watching the astronomy programme The Sky at Night, its british and has been running every week since April 1957.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Lets hope they are lucky enough to avoid the constant Royal Wedding/OBL crap we've had to suffer for the last two weeks solid

Not to worry... that will take over 4 years just to reach the closest star

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
Maybe some are watching the astronomy programme The Sky at Night, its british and has been running every week since April 1957.

Nah, I'm pretty sure they are watching reruns of Mork & Mindy.

According to US state department figures, in 2010 some 350,000
Alien Relative Visas were granted. Area 51 must be busting at the seams

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
They might be watching StarTrek and laughing about how far from the truth it is. Then again a lot of our tech started on StarTrek.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

i waunder if their getting our internet transmissions. if they our thell find some even weider stuff.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
can you imagine aliens watching spice girls

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Maybe they're just tuning in to X-Files and going, "Holy Crap! - They're onto us!"

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

They are watching Galaxcy Quest

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Definitely watching Ancient Aliens!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Great topic, and it is kind of funny. I would think they would think we are a bunch of loud mouth boors and they might think twice about coming here. If they watched my lineup, here is what aliens would watch, and think pour world was like. They would watch among other shows, America's Next Top Model, V, Survivor, Apprentice, Sarah Palin show, every single court show on Tv like Juge Judy, and Toddler's and Tiaras.

Think of this from their POV, roflmao, really would you visit us if you were an alien??

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I figure an alien culture viewing our TV programming will react like this.

Star Trek: omg, these people control gravity. They could be on our own planet right now, but due to their prime directive we would never know it.

News Shows: lol, I love this alien fantasy fiction. Their commedians are so cruel its funny.

In otherwords, the exact opposite of what we would think.

David Grouchy
edit on 5-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: Treck ?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
i wonder what would happen if they tunned into penn and teller.

ALIENS ARE BULL#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join