It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin: Evidence of what it can do, and how dangerous it can be

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Everyday i see evidence of the power of Elenin. I don't see it causing earthquakes...But what i do see is more devastating. I have seen that since it was found, it has taken the Common Sense of many many many people. And everyday that it gets nearer, it seems to leach away more Common Sense.

If it was a planet, or a brown dwarf, or a nuetron star, since it is now closer to us the Mars, we would be able to see it with the naked eye! We can't, it doesnt have cloaking tech, its not magical, its a comet, comets come and go all the time.

Common Sense tells us that gravity is pretty constant, and if it was the size or larger then Jupiter, its gravity would effect all the planets as it came into the solar system.

Common Sense tells us that if we can see Jupiter with the naked eye, we could see something as large, or larger by now.

Will it hit us? Who knows, only time will tell. But i can say with 100% accuracy that it is not a planet/star/dwarf.

Common Sense

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

perhaps this is the object expected by the worried,

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythos13

I think the Elenin as Niburu/Nemesis/Thyche myth is pretty much dead around here. You would have to be the most ardent fundamentalist conspiracist to still believe Elenin is any danger to the earth at all.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythos13
. But i can say with 100% accuracy that it is not a planet/star/dwarf.

Common Sense

What do you think it is friend?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

Yeah, the latest and greatest theory now has a spaceship behind it.....Next week it might be the Heavenly Host hiding in the Coma...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I think it is a comet.
2nd

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Depending on where you live you still cant see it yet. But just for fun go out tommorow morning before dawn and keep your eyes open to the western skys

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythos13

Thanks

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythos13
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I think it is a comet.
2nd

has there been any research done on our own gravity? For example, they say nothing has ever come this close to Earth, so basically we have no history of it. Have we tried to determine how much of an effect our gravity would cause, and since we have no pre documented account of it, how accurate could it really be?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by derst1988
For example, they say nothing has ever come this close to Earth, so basically we have no history of it.

Who is they?
Nobody is actually saying that, at least nobody with their faculties still intact.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by derst1988

I would have to see a source on "they" because we have had plenty of comets come within 1 AU of us, Comet Lulin came pretty close.

The comet makes its closest approach to Earth (0.41 AU) on Feb. 24, 2009.

Source

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by eccentriclady
www.dailymail.co.uk...

perhaps this is the object expected by the worried,

Wow, I have more miles on my old jeep than that!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Also here is a link with a chart of comets and distance from earth that they passed.
Comet/Distance Chart

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

Originally posted by derst1988
For example, they say nothing has ever come this close to Earth, so basically we have no history of it.

Who is they?
Nobody is actually saying that, at least nobody with their faculties still intact.

Well its the largest object to come this close. i am corrected.
edit on 5-5-2011 by derst1988 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by derst1988

We do not know the size of it. Unless you can find a credible source for that information, which i have not seen.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

Astrolpatriot still has a lot of blind followers even after being exposed. It's sad when personalities are so blindly addicted to doom.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Here is a Great article from a journalist, and amatuer astonomer. He talkes about Elenin, the facts, and even has a picture of Leonid Elenin.
Facts about Comet Elenin.

My name is Bob King and I work at the Duluth News Tribune in Duluth, Minn. as a photographer and photo editor. I'm also an amateur astronomer and have been keen on the sky since age 11. My modest credentials include membership in the American Association of Variable Star Observers (AAVSO) where I'm a regular contributor, International Meteorite Collectors Assn. and Arrowhead Astronomical Society. I also teach community education astronomy classes at our local planetarium

edit on 5/6/2011 by Mythos13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join