It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third Eye and the Occult

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
According to this document, opening your third eye is demonic and will condemn you to hell... I read it and laughed really hard.

The spot between your two eyes is known by occultists as the THIRD EYE, which is not at all an inacurate description of what may be described as a spiritual organ. As explained in my book, The Occult, and especially in chapters 4, 5, and 6, human beings possess what is called soul energy, soul power or psychic power. This energy or power, which is latent in the flesh and not the spirit, cannot be taken with us when we die. It belongs solely to our physical bodies. Furthermore, when it is released, it is often confused by Christians (and particularly charismatic Christians) for the Ruach haQodesh or Holy Spirit. The two are not the same. Many of the manifestations we are seeing in some of the so-called 'revivals' such as Toronto, Pensacola, and others, are mediated by psychic powers which we have been forbidden by God to use. Following the fall of Adam, it was sealed within us because of the enornmous dangers that man might place himself in should he use it in an unredeemed state. THE WHOLE DRIVE OF SATANISM AND THE OCCULT IS THE RELEASE OF THIS POWER FOR THE USE OF DEMONS. Please note this well: All demonic power is derived from HUMAN psychic energy which has been released illegally through the occult arts such as Yoga, Meditation, Tantric Sex, Mediumship, Divination, Martial arts, and so forth. Satan does not possess any power of his own - he steals is from people by causing them to break the commandments and so lose Yahweh's Seal of Protection over their psychic energy.

See the complete article here:
www.nccg.org...

.. Comments?

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Damn that devil Yoga!
With its bending and what not..

YOU ARE STRETCHING YES, BUT STRETCHING FOR SATAN!!!!
Stop while you still can! Dont let the devil use your flexibility and full body health to his diabolical advantage!!

REPENT!
ALL YE YOG..U..RTS ..oksure.. REPENT!!!

And now to the worst of you.. Martial Artists.
Stop with your kicking and punching while you still can!
The devil FEEDs off your self-defense, FEEDS LIKE A LEECH.
He is arming himself with the powers of Jujitsu and "Taebo" to fend off Jesus when he tries to take back Satan's "Purse of Souls"!!
Oo..oOoo Ooo Spooky Scary!! Spooky EVIL-SATAN-BAD, morelike, eh?
REPENT BEFORE IT IS IT TOO LATE.
/notserious

My post was just about as logical (and stupid) as the original article.
Some people are just too stupid to be allowed to steal my air.
Friggin air theifs.

[edit on 31-7-2004 by shidge.]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
this is why christianity sucks a$$. they label all forms of spiritual enligthenment as evil as a means to keep you spiritually retarded.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This one of the reason I don't believe in religion, people has to be very week in the mind to follow believes like that and I can not stand been told what to believe and what to live my life by, I question to much and I will always ask for prove.
Anything that has to do with religion can be questioned because no body has a true answer.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Ah, so martial arts is evil & "occult" too? How bizarre. And all along I thought it was a physical & mental exercise ...

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
the only thing i can say is that whomever wrote the original article is ignorant, retarded, and uneducated. frickin every human meditates whether they realize or accept it, any moment of thought without action is meditation in my eyes. I can't help but feel sorry for this person and the sad illusion he or she calls their life.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Here is an experiment I did recently.

I went into a dark windowless room and took a flashlight. With my eyes closed I shined the flashlight into my third eye. I found that I could see little red circles in the bottom of my vision whenever the flashlight was on.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Um, actually, while I am the absolute last person in the world to defend the opinion of loony fundamentalists...
...according to some basic occult theories, the explanation about the "3rd eye" is partially correct.

Psychic abilities do belong to the physical plane, not the immortal spiritual. Much phenomena that we ascribe to "demons" or "spirits" are actually produced by psychic powers from human beings. Part of the purpose of occult learning is to train oneself to access these latent abilities at will.

So whoever wrote that little Christian treatise was definitely up on his/her basic occult theory. But of course, then they had to slather it up with a bunch of superstitious moralizing.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
When I was younger I used to do exercises to open the third eye for seen into the future, I never got anything negative out of it just a head ache

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm not reading all this mind pollution article, but I got the point by reading the quoted part of it. It's really stupid.

I'm pretty sure that there must only be the Christian religion to be dumb enough to basicly say that any kind of spiritual enlightement is evil and bad.

How can some people not realise yet that the thing their Christian religion wants the most, is to keep all his followers in the state of mind-less stupid sheeps.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ah, I think the next two paragraphs would have been helpful:

Christians operated in the power of the RUACH HAQODESH (HOLY SPIRIT) and not psychic energy. The spiritual organ known as the "third eye" is the tool which allows mental energy to be used for supernatural purposes, including telekinetics (moving objects around), claivoyance (reading people's minds), healing, and so forth. As you will know from your school lessons in Biology, the human brain is mostly dormant - we use only a tiny fraction of its potential. And the reason for this is that those 'silent' areas of the brain were created for this kind of use IN A SIN-FREE WORLD. The powers inherent in these parts of the brain were almost certainly used by Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, but after the Fall, Yahweh-Elohim, our Heavenly Father, sealed up this power because He knew that Satan would try to appropriate it for himself. The whole demonic realm is fuelled by these powers in both human beings and in animals. That is why ritual murder - which releases enprmous quantities of this energy - figures so strongly in devil-worship. It was what demons feed on. The breaking of Yahweh's Commandments - His Torah - gives demons the legal right to appropriate this energy which literally "leaks" out of our body like the leak in a nuclear reactor. The opening, and use, of the Third Eye - which has been forbidden by Yahweh until a future time when sin is no longer present, and the demonic hosts have been bound - is therefore strictly forbidden. In its place, the Redeemed have been given the RUACH ELOHIM - the Spirit of God.

And:

If you have been involved in the occult and have opened your Third Eye - consciously or unconsciously (if you have, you will have clairvoyant and prophetic gifts mediated by demons) - then your first task is to close it. You don't need it. The "third eye" of the saved soul in this world is the Holy Spirit. A Christian who has his or her Third Eye still open will get visions, guidance and revelation from both demons and God!

The fear of demonic possession or at least demonic channeling of our energy is supossed to prevent us from opening the third eye. As they say, only to be used in a sin-free world where demons do not exist I take it.

Personally, I'm going to take my chances.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Jamuhn,

It is not such a big deal yes everybody has a third eye some developed more than others, I did it out of curiosity because I was and odd child but I did not need it to see entities.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
BOO!
humans have no clear definision betwine good and evil, some think god is good, some think that god was evil, and we'll never know! not unless we die, and then in that case, we'll never tell!!
i think the third eye is awsome, i have a small, but usefull power that i use, allmost all the time!
it's a little lame, but i can find missing objects by a feeling i get in my hand or indexfinger.
embrace the eye! it is your friend!

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Third Eye!

According to Hinduism, a deity named Lord Shiva has a third eye which represents wisdom and spirituality. Whenever he opens his third eye, destruction happens. He opens his third eye only in times of extreme anger. He is also known as the "Lord of destruction." I am not much of a religious person and so I can't elaborate on that, but there might be a link.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I believe that there are two "supernatural" forces in the universe that can transcend what we consider reality.

The power coming from the Third Eye, which we actively participate in.
And the Holy Spirit, which we cannot participate in, only passively accept.

I do think that opening the 3rd eye is frought with risks. We who research & experiment are aware of those risks, yet our insatiable need for discovery & mastery drives us onward.

Yet there is a measure of practical warning & advice in that website--it's just buried under a load of dogmatic blatherage. This is where these radical Christian fundamentalists fail: they preach to the choir & alienate the rest. How could that be doing God's work?

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Some people are just silly, there is no good or evil energy just energy, it's how ya use it that counts.

Frank Herbert said it best. "Fear is the mind killer."

It's sad when people scream DEMON every time they get scared.

Silly mortals.

Though how many people speaking for "God" who claim to work for "God" have used demons and the devil to their advantage.

Open your third eye if ya can, balance is the key, Zoroastrianism sums it up best....everything in moderation.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Just because one Christian radical/uninformed man writes bs like this doesn't mean the whole religion is for narrow-minded "sheep".

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   

just because one Christian radical/uninformed man writes bs like this doesn't mean the whole religion is for narrow-minded "sheep".

I don't think anyone here thinks that Charlatan, at least I would hope we're all more open minded than that.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Off to hell with the whole lot you you . .. heathens.

Christianity is so paranoid of being overtaken that it has everyone involved paranoid about one thing or the other. I'm sure there is a demon for everything . . .or the devil is behind everything that goes wrong. It'll go one of two ways; I missed the bus because the lord didn't want me to get on it or I missed the bus becuase the devil hates me and he doesn't want me to get to work on time.

I hope I didn't offend anyone.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jp1111
Third Eye!

According to Hinduism, a deity named Lord Shiva has a third eye which represents wisdom and spirituality. Whenever he opens his third eye, destruction happens. He opens his third eye only in times of extreme anger. He is also known as the "Lord of destruction." I am not much of a religious person and so I can't elaborate on that, but there might be a link.

Yeah, Shiva does have a third eye. He is the destroyer god in Hinduism, but it's a metaphor for destruction of maya or illusion, when concerned with the third eye.

The third eye, upon opening, destroys the ordinary everyday perception that we have. It destroys the ignorance that we dwell in.

There's another aspect in Hinduism, which I believe parallels the Holy Spirit in Christianity. It's the Shakti, which is the feminine energy of God, which is located at the base of the spine. Its goal is to join with the Shiva aspect, i.e. the third eye, at the ajnea chakra. This is generally activated through yoga, primarily kundalini yoga, I think. So having one without the other is not true enlightenment, or something to that effect. They both have to be activated, or at least that's the conclusion I'm arriving at from the Shiv-Shakti allegory.

Yoga's goal is to merge with God, to transcend the ego, and make contact with the Self, which is the unchangeable Reality.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join