It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any fans of The Cars? (New Album)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I happened across this today. The Cars have a new album out for the first time in 24 years. I'm sampling the tracks right now. They sound exactly the same vocally as they did in the late 70s and early 80s. The music is very similar to the style of their early work. Anyhow, here is a link to the entire album with full songs:

www1.rollingstone.com...

Enjoy!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Great.... more garbage for the local radio station to play over & over for the next 4 decades. No offense to you, the Cars are just electrophonic noise to me.
Has anyone written anything "good" since the 90s? It seems like music just died at the end of the 20th century and the radio stations are stuck in the 70s-90s.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

you're certainly right that radio has gone down the tubes, but there's still plenty of great music out there! you've just got to go digging for it. what are you in to? maybe I could make a few suggestions?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

I'm into the heavy stuff for the most part, I like punchy bass and sound, Deftones, Primus, Korn, Quicksand, and then there's the lighter stuff that gets radio play. I'm picky and all over the place, I play guitar and have shunned bands like the Ramons and Green Day for their simplistic repetitive crap. I'm no music expert and to each their own I say, but you're right one does have to DIG to find something decent that's recent and doesn't get much exposure. It's not about talent it's about dollars, which is contradictory to what artists intend.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
There's plenty of good music out there. You have to find it..It doesn't find you anymore.
As for the Cars. Good for them with a new album.

Their first album, called "The Cars"..aka, their actual Greatest hits. Was a little bit groundbreaking.
good New wave style Synth Pop with rock n roll Guitars. Still one of my all time favorite albums...

There plenty of Fast,loud,depressing, happy stuff by other people out there too, from back then and now.
It's pleasure to have an open mind to music, it gives me lots of choices when I'm in the mood for just the right song, for a particular situation.

new topics

top topics

join