It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Earthquake 6.3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well it looks like this isn't over by far! Japan is still getting earthquakes, I know they get them all the time, but could this be leading up to a MASSIVE one like the one back in March? I dunno but I wouldn't want to be in Japan at all.

www.emsc-csem.org...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Wow, and it's showing a 6.0 on the Alaskan Penisula approximately 45 minutes earlier. Poor Japan, I hope this isn't indicating the region is about to get slammed yet again.

USGS is showing it as a 6.1 (Japan) and the Alaskan quake as a 5.4 now.
edit on 5-5-2011 by sweetstuff because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetstuff

I wonder if when an earthquake happens it sends ripples around the other plates or shakes them? maybe that how Japan got this one? Japan is already unstable underneath the ground? Hmmm

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

when you look at all the EQ activity today in the pacific rim you can't help but worry there is a big one coming... all the plates seem to be jangling.....perhaps to relieve the stress that seems to be building up.... Alaska has been v active today, now Japan. if you notice the epicenter was just offshore Miyagi province again... lets hope this does not transfer south along the fault.

I know we all live on this wonderful planet, but there are times she does dish out a white knuckle ride....

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cabinda

True words.

This planet is showing us it's wrath now. Humans felt they were a force that couldn't be taken down. Yet everyday since mid-late 2010 to now there seems to be something happening everyday. Tornadoes, earthquakes, volcanoes spewing out... this baby is waking up and we're about to be taught a lesson

join