It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I keep getting hit by a car... But not really.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Whenever i walk across an empty street, near the dead hours of the night, i feel as though when i look towards the street where a car would be coming, that I have this sense of not being able to trust myself that there is no car there.

An example for better understanding. I would walk across the street and look left and right. No cars anywhere. I think into it too, i don't see them. I don't see the lights coming down the roads. I don't hear them. I don't feel em.
But i have this feeling when i'm right in the middle of the street (Not the intersection, like the street where a car would normally drive on) That i have this feeling of me toppling over the car. I have the feeling that the front of the car hits the side of my knees and i feel the knee # to the side for a moment. A little before this when i'm in the middle of the intersection or rather right before i feel this i stare down the street questioning what i see hear and feel. Although i see there is no car what so ever, i don't hear it or anything. I seem to question myself weather there is a car there or not. I seem to not be able to trust myself sometimes. I try to overcome this feeling by saying to myself that if i did get hit by a car, then i would have done everything i could have to prevent it, but it'd be understandable to me that i got hit by the car.

It's very strange indeed and some might come and say Hail brother, you might have died like this in a previous life, i'd say Nay brother, it's just this weird paranoid feeling i get when i question myself.

Basically I cannot trust myself to believe that there is no car coming at me, but i walk across the street to act as sane as possible and not to lose myself in it.

It's somewhat interesting and i thought i'd share it with you all, if you have questions let me know :>

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

Have you ever been hit by a car in the past, or do you have any trauma related to car accidents or car-related deaths?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Reynolds

Have you ever been hit by a car in the past, or do you have any trauma related to car accidents or car-related deaths?

Nope.
It's very odd! It doesn't happen when i see the cars either. It only happens when i don't see em. When it's dead in the night usually

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Is this the only situation you have difficulty trusting yourself in, as you put it?

For instance, do you feel the same paranoia when you're getting in and out of the shower, that you might slip and fall? Or chopping vegetables? Or is it only the scenario where you're crossing a road?

I have the same issue, though I'm typically jumpy or flinchy enough as it is. I'm not overly paranoid or afraid, but whenever there's potential for danger, no matter how big or small it may be, I usually imagine the worst for a brief moment with brilliant clarity, but it isn't crippling and doesn't interfere with me going about day to day activities.

Admittedly I don't know very much about past lives, so I can't say I think you're reliving an accident or death from a previous incarnation. It may just be you have an overactive imagination, to put it simply. If you want to clarify or give more details, I'd be interested to help figure out what it is!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
i got hit by a car once, i deffinatly didnt see it.

i think i have a similar problem, but not car related.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Jake! Jake! Is that you Jake!

Go Then! There are other worlds then these!

Sorry

Couldn't help it, I'm in the middle of reading the Dark Tower series again, out loud with the family. Love those books!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

could be PTSD?

perhaps it is a memory from your childhood and you may not remember it? Perhaps the memory is coming up from the depths of your un or sub conscious?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

That is a very logical theory!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinquain
Is this the only situation you have difficulty trusting yourself in, as you put it?

For instance, do you feel the same paranoia when you're getting in and out of the shower, that you might slip and fall? Or chopping vegetables? Or is it only the scenario where you're crossing a road?

I have the same issue, though I'm typically jumpy or flinchy enough as it is. I'm not overly paranoid or afraid, but whenever there's potential for danger, no matter how big or small it may be, I usually imagine the worst for a brief moment with brilliant clarity, but it isn't crippling and doesn't interfere with me going about day to day activities.

Admittedly I don't know very much about past lives, so I can't say I think you're reliving an accident or death from a previous incarnation. It may just be you have an overactive imagination, to put it simply. If you want to clarify or give more details, I'd be interested to help figure out what it is!

It's deft trust. Sometimes when i talk to myself i think about how it could be someone else talking to me. I cannot trust myself and therefore i give myself the option which logic says would result in the least bit of wrong instead of the most bit of right. This is a high level of imagination it seems but i'm sure there's a label to it. I wasn't hit by a car and i can be compfortable with a car driving at me... well not as uncompfortable as i am with this.

There seems to be a debate in my head which says that perhaps in another universe this happened. Everything in the universe seems the same besides this one instant. It's always to my right on the second street that i cross. It's generally a two lane street this happens. I guess now that i think of it it's very specific. It's this feeling that i KNOW that there's no car there, but i will be understanding if i get hit because truthfully i did not believe it in the first place. I am not a fool who allows smoke in ones butt. I know what i see and i am very sane. Actually a sane person is a fool, but anyways, i am somewhat sane and i have a sharp sense of my surroundings. It's really this feeling of me arguing with myself that there is no car even though i could be fooling myself.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
this happens to me occasionally also...
I usually don't drive too much, just back and forth from work, so it's the same path everyday. but, ya, this happens, there was on intersection where I'd kind of "see" the same danged truck run a redlight and smash into the passenger side of my car....

other times, it's one time deal....
could it be that in some time or deminsion, I am hit at this intersection? is it a possible future that I am picking up on, not fully formed, but well, formed pretty good if I can see it repeatedly like that. have no idea really, but well, one thing is for sure, it can't happen if I am not in that intersection, it was easy to change my route.
other times, it just happens, and well, isn't so pronounced or clear, and never happens again....

top topics

join