It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trusted deputy Ayman al-Zawahari betrayed Osama bin Laden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
daily.bhaskar.com...

Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden was betrayed by his deputy Ayman al-Zawahiri who led US forces to his hideout as the two were involved in an intense power struggle, a Saudi newspaper has reported.

The two top al Qaeda men had differences and the courier who led US forces to bin Laden was working and had more loyalties for Zawahiri, al Watan newspaper reported quoting Arab sources.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 5-5-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This is first time to read that No1 and No 2 in Al Qaeda had so much diferences. This all story about Al Qaeda and Osama Bin Laden became so complicated that i never bin so confused ..this is big conspiracy in. Snippet from the story also tells that courier was Pakistani national and not a Kuwaiti.

daily.bhaskar.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I seem to recall hearing something about them having differances before.. Basically OBL was not as bloodthirsty as AZ ultimately.. or something like that.

But I dunno that I would trust any of this report.. Best way to take down the enemy is to disrupt his troop's trust and confidence. If AZ is portrayed as a man who gave OBLs position away to the enemy, then his men will be shaken and start doubting.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
In the attempt to sell this massive lie, they now have to add layer after layer of intrique to it, to make it seem real.

By adding all the supporting fictions in a slow information release, it allows them to dominate and distract with the news of it from more serious and real issues, and to draw bread and circus loving Americans into the unfolding drama they are now simply just manufacturing to sell the American public yet another 9-11 related lie.

Evidently this is a lot easier to do than create jobs, work on ending the wild speculation in the oil markets, and get those nuclear reactors in Japan sealed up and the contamination stopped.

Our government hard at work at doing nothing all day.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Rivalry between the two? Yeah I believe it. Both are human and both are susceptible to human frailties such as Ego and Jealousy. Sometimes reality is stranger than conspiratorial fiction.

The story of their conflicting views/stances has been eluded to over the past few years. But like many aspects of this situation many will simply say Osama was killed years ago or that he never existed in the first place and still others will call him a martyr or patsy etc Ad infinitum....

I doubt he gave away his position. But, probably didn't do all that could have been done to help maintain Osama's secretive location and help provide for his continued security.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

This article came from Saudi Arabia.......America's cloest buddies in sleazy crime; among them are members of Skull and Bones.

HELLO!!!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You're right, my bet is the White House is in overdrive to attempt to fix the holes in their hoax story when in fact they are just digging their hole even bigger.....layers upon layers of lies; by this time next week even they'll start believing in their own lies.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Rivalry between the two? Yeah I believe it. Both are human and both are susceptible to human frailties such as Ego and Jealousy. Sometimes reality is stranger than conspiratorial fiction.

The story of their conflicting views/stances has been eluded to over the past few years.

I doubt he gave away his position. But, probably didn't do all that could have been done to help maintain Osama's secretive location and help provide for his continued security.

Yes - I agree with you.

I am here on a conspiracy forum because I do believe not all is at it seems.

However - not everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes - something is what it is.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Possible duplicate thread ?

EXISTING THREAD

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
They could be trying to portray al-Zawahari as a traitor to al-Quida, so that they turn on him and kill him or hand him over to authorities.

As far as I know al-Zawahari isn't independently wealthy, so how would he hope to continue running AQ without their cash cow OBL? They may have had their differences but you don't kill your golden goose.

I'll chalk a story like this one up to CIA planted news in the hopes of sowing dissension among AQ.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
No, not every story on our airwaves is fiction but this one of many from Obama is, I'm afraid, one big fictional fairytale. Not only is he lying to the American population but also to the population of the world.

All those in the White House......we don't want you in our country, you are an embarrassment to your countrymen and you are a bloody embarrassment to the world.

I will give George W. Bush and his wife this much......although the Presidency was unsuitable for Bush and he should never had been elected in the first place, him and his wife are welcome to visit us anytime.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Gawdddddd, so we now have a new bogeyman already? LOL

It would be in Obama's best interests and that of his ilk to shut their mouths now before I wonder if all those in the White House are all drug addicts!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Gawdddddd, so we now have a new bogeyman already? LOL

It would be in Obama's best interests and that of his ilk to shut their mouths now before I wonder if all those in the White House are all drug addicts!

Well supposedly the new bogeyman is now across the US border in Mexico (Hezbollah)
There was a thread just published on ATS

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Well, of course they'll have to create a new bogeyman......I hear the position is vacant now! LOL

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I think this might be the Saudis planting propaganda into the media to stir up Al’Qa’ida’s supporters and turn them against Al-Zawahiri and prevent him regrouping Al’Qa’ida . If Zawahiri wanted him dead and this was part of some power struggle this would have been the worst way possible to have gone about it, turning to the Americans for help would have had him killed.

I refuse to believe this story.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

I think this might be the Saudis planting propaganda into the media to stir up Al’Qa’ida’s supporters and turn them against Al-Zawahiri and prevent him regrouping Al’Qa’ida . If Zawahiri wanted him dead and this was part of some power struggle this would have been the worst way possible to have gone about it, turning to the Americans for help would have had him killed.

I refuse to believe this story.

Power and Politics are very very addictive and dirty. Anything is possible

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Not like this for Al-Zawahiri to have done this just goes against everything he stands for even if he wanted rid of his prodigy, Bin Laden, he would not have done it this way by going to the Americans. Everything about this just feel’s wrong, I do not believe a word of this article.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by hp1229

Not like this for Al-Zawahiri to have done this just goes against everything he stands for even if he wanted rid of his prodigy, Bin Laden, he would not have done it this way by going to the Americans. Everything about this just feel’s wrong, I do not believe a word of this article.

Who knows and who cares. For now OBL is dead (for real or not).
If the Saudi's claim that #2 did it, then so be it. Atleast it will be a good way to get rid of the hiearchy and bring the mistrust in the terror organization. In which way they serve any good to anyone?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

But they are not a organisation when OBL died he was not a lead of a group called Al’Qa’ida, Al-Zahawiri has nothing to take over from. Al’Qa’ida is made up of a franchise of autonomous groups with independent control form the “core Al’Qa’ida”, that with the death of OBL pretty much no longer exists. So that further points out how unlikely it is his no2. Helped out the Americans with this.

new topics

top topics

join