It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan warns America not to stage any more raids

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmosKid
reply to post by happykat39

I don't see why India would have a beef with Pakistan, I mean,

India - Professional Air Force with good aircraft and pilots. A responsible government. A professional NAVY. A professional ARMY. Hard working, spiritually mature culture that won it's freedom from an oppressive government by using peacfull protest for the most part.

Pakistan - Used to have U.S. as an allie. Now aligning itself with China. No professional anything. Run by a democratically elected Taliban. Strong enough to stand on the world stage, all by itself.

India, do us all a favor and strike now since Pakistan will align with your good buddies the Chinese anyway.

u know india wants to...when u.s says they won't interfere...the end of pakistan will be immediate

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

it was a joke

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack

Originally posted by TheDarkestHour
Isn't it wonderful how ignorant some people are? I mean, let's generalize all the people in Pakistan as terrorists! Just because it's a predominantly Muslim country doesn't mean everyone there is a terrorist or Al-Qaeda. If some people here want to sound like complete idiots and advocate war, by all means, make yourself look like an idiot. If you want to support any further bloodshed, I suggest you sign up for the USMC. Who the hell in their right mind would talk about using Nuclear bombs as it's some game?

I'm sure you'll get a wonderful taste of war!

Of course the Pakistani government is upset. Imagine if they held a raid here in the U.S without permission?

Islam is a barbaric religion of terror.
Second line.

Anything that causes division in humanity will most likely lead to some kind of negativity. When division appears as religion, it can cause terror.

As another user posted, have you heard of the Crusades?

Have you read the Quran in its entirety? Met every single Muslim in the world to base your beliefs off of? No? I don't think it's quite fair to denounce an entire population because a select few people. It's that kind of thinking that continues our endless war with other humans, essentially ourselves.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
And we all know how well america listens when other countries tell them not to meddle...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Yeah, they happened hundreds of years ago.

Islam is happening now.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

What is "Islam" doing to you? Nothing. Radical fundamentalists may be causing trouble but "Islam" is not. And radical fundamentalist Christians were bombing abortion clinics, murdering doctors, and engaging in terrorism in the US in my lifetime.

There is a lunatic fringe in both religions historically and currently. And as much as I dislike organized religion in general, its wrong to take the actions of a vocal minority and apply them to the whole. Its stupid generalization and we are smarter than that.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
If I was Obama or any of the administration I'd say " You know the money we give you? the millions of dollars a year? Yeah thats why we can go into your county". Pakistan sounds like North Korea these days, I wonder when thy grew there balls?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

No worries... we got what we came for....

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Originally posted by NE1911
Do any of you know why the United States gives aid to Pakistan? A country that harbored a terrorist?

Foriegn governments will say anything to get their hands on US funding.

What if it were the other way around? The United States would do anything to get their influence into other nations. One of the biggest organizations supporting the electoral process in Pakistan is the Election Support Group.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Pakistan in the arms of China might not be such a bad idea. China has the money and man power to put that area in its place. There is no way China would ever use the soft touch and money bag approach that the US has with their unresonable, twisted way of thinking and acting. Sometimes one has to be careful for what they wish for. The Paki's wish Death to America. If China gets ahold of them they will be screaming for our help.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

Pakistan in the arms of China might not be such a bad idea. China has the money and man power to put that area in its place. There is no way China would ever use the soft touch and money bag approach that the US has with their unresonable, twisted way of thinking and acting. Sometimes one has to be careful for what they wish for. The Paki's wish Death to America. If China gets ahold of them they will be screaming for our help.

Maybe this wouldn't be a bad idea. In twenty years, we'll have protesters here chanting, "Free Pakistan" in the streets and China will respond by saying that Pakistan is a part of China and the US will just stand aside and continue to build manufacturing plants there.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Maybe this wouldn't be a bad idea. In twenty years, we'll have protesters here chanting, "Free Pakistan" in the streets and China will respond by saying that Pakistan is a part of China and the US will just stand aside and continue to build manufacturing plants there.

lol I am definitely going to nominate you for the Nostradamus Award (if there is such a thing). I would put some money on your bet.

With the ramp up in literalism in the world these past three decades, folks nowadays do not understand the art of posturing. Much of politics and diplomacy is posturing.

Posturing has nothing to do with good/evil, good/bad, right/wrong, transparency/opaqueness. Children understand things in black/white and act impulsively. Adult thinking/action requires nuance, avoidance of overreacting, and, yes, posturing.

I can see much posturing going on between US and Pakistan. For their own good.

Yes, Pakistan chose to play a most extreme role in the region, having been involved in the 1980s war in Afghanistan to oust the Communists (Saudi funded, US backed) on the side of America. Afterward, it then tried to use its contacts to help its internal problems in the northwest, plus its external feud with India. All the while loving the $ support it received from the US.

Maybe the jig was finally up for Pakistan, as maybe it finally "saw the light" that its growing middle class was the key to its future, and dealing with jihadists the way it had been would not make it a center for economic flowering as in India and China.

I wish Pakistan well...they need it. So long, and thanks for the big fish.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Yeah, they happened hundreds of years ago.

Islam is happening now.

Take a look at the photos of new born babies in Iraq, horrendously deformed because of DU weapons deployed by the oh so good Christian coalition forces. You want to point the finger at barbaric? Point at at your own government too.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmosKid

I don't see why India would have a beef with Pakistan

They have fought three wars since the British empire relinquished control and separated the territory into two Nations. There is no love lost between them, though they put up with each other.

China, a beacon of humanitariaism

Really? Secret police, no dissent or protest allowed against the government, central planning and authoritarianism is not humanitarian. Tienanmen square was not that long ago either my friend.

India, do us all a favor and strike now since Pakistan will align with your good buddies the Chinese anyway.

No one in that region will do anything inflammatory, no one would benefit from it and they all know that the western powers would come creeping in trying to take advantage.

So I guess the west are peacemakers in a sort of way!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Pakistan in the arms of China might not be such a bad idea. China has the money and man power to put that area in its place. There is no way China would ever use the soft touch and money bag approach that the US has with their unresonable, twisted way of thinking and acting. Sometimes one has to be careful for what they wish for. The Paki's wish Death to America. If China gets ahold of them they will be screaming for our help

Very good point, but it really shouldn't of gotten to this point at all.

But since we are at this point in time, that may be the best outcome for our country.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako

No one in that region will do anything inflammatory, no one would benefit from it and they all know that the western powers would come creeping in trying to take advantage.

So I guess the west are peacemakers in a sort of way!

Actually, I have several Indian Facebook friends due to my interest in the Vedas, and they ARE becoming agitated at Pakistan because Pakistan said this,

www.ndtv.com...

Islamabad: Pakistan Army has said that any "misadventure" by the Indian military will be responded to very strongly.

Facing worldwide flak over the presence of Osama bin Laden in the country and embarrassed over US' covert operation, Pakistan Army chief General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani chaired a meeting of the Corps Commanders today.

And I really dont think we can accuse the west of being peacekeepers in this instance. We are the one poking Pakistan with a stick right now.
edit on 5-5-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Not unexpected, as they have not been too happy with the U.S.'s drone attacks and Afghanistan border skirmishes.

I'm sure Pakistan is pretty damn concerned, given the statements being issues from countries like Afghanistan (see related thread) and focusing on the "concern" about how secure their nukes are. I'd say they have good reason to worry in this geopolitical climate.

My view is that this raid itself, in this instance, is that if it occurred as reported and for the reasons reported, it had to be covert, given the level of distrust that there is between these "allies."

Here's a video report as well.

The way this story was re-reported in The Times of India was pretty interesting to me, given the strained relations between the countries.

Faced with American fury and domestic anger, Pakistan on Thursday blew hot and cold on Osama bin Laden -- denying links with al-Qaida and warning Washington and New Delhi against any more air raids of the kind which killed the world's most wanted terrorist.

edit on 5/5/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

pakistan doesn't need a stick ... they hav their own agenda...they side with terrorists and believe in jihad..their nuclear powered...they lov making the west look dumb...they lov the free money from the americans...i don't get it anymore...west against terrorism or west 4 it for secret evil agenda

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Really, I don't think I did. But it's a free country (Hah!) China as it is right now, isn't rally my idea of a country that I'd particularly want to have anything to do with. But as, stated it's a free country!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

WRT India, the ebeef would be in the sense that they would consider Pakistan a not to difficult opponent to deal with. I was being sarcastic about China being humanitarian.

<< 1    3 >>

join