It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was a skeptic . Now I'm a believer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I don't believe but rather know, at least as it applies to my experience. However because of that it leaves me a bigger skeptic than I probably would be otherwise.

Some experiences (most actually) I watch, hear & read are just bunk in my eyes. I haven't and will not share any of my stories BECAUSE there is so much bunk out there. Or maybe we are talking different races/factions. I don't know. But not many have mirrored my own little secrets.

So in summary, if you believe, be ready to deconstruct a lot of stories for much needed scrutiny. Not just the content of such stories but the context as well. As long as hits are a premium on sites, videos and what not there will be plenty fake textual accounts, images and video to burden your quest.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dastardly666
I am sceptical of some UFO videos and I will give my opinion on videos without having to ridicule the person who posted it.

If you tell me why you are sceptical about a UFO video, I will listen and evaluate, unlike most skeptics.

I think you are overly-sensitive and take any disagreement to be an attack or ridicule.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

I am sceptical of some UFO videos and I will give my opinion on videos without having to ridicule the person who posted it.

If you tell me why you are sceptical about a UFO video, I will listen and evaluate, unlike most skeptics.

I think you are overly-sensitive and take any disagreement to be an attack or ridicule.

Thanks for the laugh.

I've got three words for you........POT, KETTLE and BLACK!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

By all means, please...point to where I have equated disagreement with attacking.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

By all means, please...point to where I have equated disagreement with attacking.

Of course.....Your first post on this thread followed by the rest.

And if that's not enough, feel free to go through other threads you submitted posts.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It is better to be accustomed to the fact, that space alien entities have been visiting our Earth than not. Because a person who has studyied ET event's, will be at a distinct advantage with coping with the realities of ET life, when full ET disclosure comes from the U.S. government or not.

Cheers,

Erno86
edit on 5-5-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 5-5-2011 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 5-5-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 5-5-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I found an interview with David Adair from 2002 and the words hogwash and bull# comes to mind

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

edit on 5-5-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
There is no point to start this thread if you are not sharing your "research". You could kept this for yourself. This is a discussing board to discuss and learn from each other. I don't think that you got much to share other then just drop a word here and there to sound interesting. Such people are also known as attention seekers.
edit on 5-5-2011 by UFOexisist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I don't believe, but I don't disbelieve either. Both sides have just as much credibility as the other.

on one hand. the universe is virtually infinite and time a non issue. a billion intelligent species could have come and gone by now and some could remain to this day, or like us, are in the process of gaining more intelligence which will help us travel the stars much like the theory that they have and do.

the problem I have with space travel is the problem we face as a species. the distances required to travel simply to the closest stars indicates the need for high technology, and not just in one form.
Suspended animation, light speed, AI/cyborgs/robotics and tissue regeneration techniques would be imperative and just the tip of the iceberg. Light speed isn't necessary but preferrable, unless you want to travel for decades, centuries. millenia. and at this point it is merely a theory that our bodies could even withstand such a thing.

on my other hand, is the theory that we are the very first species in the universe. which speaks for itself in that we wouldn't be visited by aliens. but leaves me wondering how we could be so inspired to go to space if we hadn't been visited ourselves to know that it's possible.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Pointless thread.
edit on 5/5/11 by Edews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

I'm not going to share how I have reached my conclusions

Well if you wont share then how will I believe that, 1) you was a sceptic before, 2) what changed your mind?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edews
Pointless thread.
edit on 5/5/11 by Edews because: (no reason given)

POINTLESS COMMENT DIP#

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

I hadn't seen David Adair's footage before...............I like this guy! I believe him when he says he gets his information from dreams. I do to but not mechanically speaking. My brain could definetly rival Stephen King easy as far as imagination goes but I try not to waste it on such wasteful banter hehehehe

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
David Adair is just another of those who travel the "UFO" circuit, jostling to be the next Oral Graham or Billy Roberts of Ufology... another barker, IMO.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The good thing about the fence is that it makes it rather hard for someone to come along and smack you in the face and say, "wrong side ! you came down on the wrong side ". You may miss the good ole days, when you were on the fence.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It's interesting, because there was a point a while back where I was willing to give the whole "aliens in spacecraft coming from other planets" thing the benefit of the doubt.

But after I did some heavy research, I moved from that side of the fence to the side that says after 60 years and no decent proof of anything, all these alien hunters must be barking up the wrong tree. That's not to say that nothing is going on. There is a varying level of weirdness that exists in the world, and the thing is, there's no way it's as simple and straightforward as aliens from space. Because at its basic level, aliens from space is not all that weird. In fact, it's not weird enough.

So I've become strongly against just about anybody who jumps up and claims to know the truth about the whole phenomenon, and that it has to do with aliens, and all we need is the government to come clean about it. Because I know they're just plain wrong.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Im in the "want to believe" crowd. I have seen UFOs and things that fly in the sky that defy earthly logic.

You just never know. A lot of it could be man made. Look at that crashed Helicopter at the OBL compound. It was something we have never seen before. The military has a lot of top secret craft that we have no idea that even exists.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Great Post!!! I feel the same way and have done so since I was little.
edit on 5-5-2011 by Luckyxfactor because: I will defeat the typos!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well, if they visit you again, if that's how your epiphany came about, tell 'em to come see me. I'm ready to get off this stupid rock.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
What made me believe was doctor who, traveling the galaxy with a madman ?! Can't beat that with a stick!
But when you think about it, it's impossible to be alone the galaxy is too da%% big.
UFOs always appear over the neighbour's house, always. They fly over and hover above the neighbour's house.
That helped me believe along with the doctor, it was simple. You can't be a Christian and not love all of god's creatures.....whether good or bad. I'm a believer and my mother too.
edit on 5-5-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join