It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was a skeptic . Now I'm a believer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by chaztekno

You may find the Phoenix Incident interesting

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
Wow . You really need to find some inner peace , dude .

This is a discussion and you are bringing nothing but scorn to the table .

Go in peace

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'inner peace'.

It is still a discussion with me trying to note that it should not be in this particular subsection of the ATS forums as it doesn't bring anything but conjecture based upon only opinion - perhaps a thread about the specifics of what changed you would be in order and allow for dissection of whatever info blew your mind.

Again with the peace thing there at the end...I don't get it.

-m0r

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Well i'm on part 3 of 5 and he seems completely legit to me, i'll need to seriously dig deeper into him though, though i'm sure the hardened ATS guys and dolls will enlighten us very soon..

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

"What made you all of a sudden decide this if you don't mind my asking?" ... I did some good old research and kept an open mind.

No, disclosure will not come soon . We can produce all the evidence there is and TPTB will find a way to debunk it to protect themselves from losing face.

Your country is on it's knees ( economically speaking) and the only reason the U.S hasn't been wiped out by another superpower is because the rest of the world knows that America has First Strike capabilities. They can launch an attack and bring the world to its knees in seconds, thats how far advanced they are .

LOL

I see you are a creative writer on top of an ex- skeptic. Ex skeptics are the worst!

I've got money problems but this doesn't put me on my knees! Same goes for America. It will take a lot more than owing money to China to put this country "on it's knees." First strike capabilities? It's a heap more than that they are afraid of. Getting wiped off the map probably.
Who was going to wipe us out you think? Any guesses?

Disclosure will happen soon, within 2 years. Betting the farm.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

Wow . You really need to find some inner peace , dude .

This is a discussion and you are bringing nothing but scorn to the table .

Go in peace

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'inner peace'.

It is still a discussion with me trying to note that it should not be in this particular subsection of the ATS forums as it doesn't bring anything but conjecture based upon only opinion - perhaps a thread about the specifics of what changed you would be in order and allow for dissection of whatever info blew your mind.

Again with the peace thing there at the end...I don't get it.

-m0r

I don't get it either. This is one very odd duck.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dastardly666
Can you prove your statement?

Or are you just attacking because he or she does not share the same beliefs as you?

I did, I was pointing out the language they were using. No skeptic, former or otherwise, would use such language.

You use the term "attacking" as a code-word to mean "any disagreement", employing it as a red-herring argument to distract from the conversation and any points you do not like. It will not work.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I don't believe in this case that I need to provide any evidence or proof .

Certainly not, you are simply making a statement of personal belief. But I was not addressing you, rather the person who said asking for facts is trolling.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Can you prove your statement?

Or are you just attacking because he or she does not share the same beliefs as you?

I did, I was pointing out the language they were using. No skeptic, former or otherwise, would use such language.

You use the term "attacking" as a code-word to mean "any disagreement", employing it as a red-herring argument to distract from the conversation and any points you do not like. It will not work.

So do skeptics have a separate language? Did you all attend a school for skeptics?

But you made no points to the OP but attack. The truth is in your post.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I don't believe in this case that I need to provide any evidence or proof .

Certainly not, you are simply making a statement of personal belief. But I was not addressing you, rather the person who said asking for facts is trolling.

I'm afraid your'e the last person to accuse anyone of trolling.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Jeez so far me and the poster are the only ones actually discussing the topic here!! everyone else is in serious flame and troll mode tonight!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I never 'bashed' any skeptics as you so eloquently put it.

You compared skeptics to "religious nuts" that is an attack, and hypocritical of you.

But you did accuse the OP of being a liar because you are skeptic.

I must certainly did not. I said he was not a skeptic or a fence-sitter. He may not have believed but that is far different than being a skeptic. Once you are a skeptic, you never stop being a skeptic no matter your beliefs.

Look through this thread and see what 'cogent' arguments have been provided by skeptics (including yourself).

Such as Moriarity's responses? Such as mine pointing out the logical fallacies employed, demonstrating his professed skepticism was anything but?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I did not accuse anyone of trolling.

Only the simple and closed-minded think that disagreement is trolling; often the accusation of "trolling" is used by people such as yourself in order to shut down and distract from arguments they do not like.
edit on 5-5-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by October
Jeez so far me and the poster are the only ones actually discussing the topic here!! everyone else is in serious flame and troll mode tonight!

You may be right about the flame and troll mode thing. however the topic isn't about the YouTube video - it wasn't even mentioned in the OP.

I suppose I'm more horses for courses just now.

-m0r

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Here is a link with a list of UFO sightings over the years for all the hardened skeptics claiming there is no alien life.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

So do skeptics have a separate language? Did you all attend a school for skeptics?

Yes, there is a language skeptics use. And that language does not include the use the logical fallacies, such as that employed in the opening post.

Please, point out where I attacked him in my post.

link   

Yes, there is a language skeptics use. And that language does not include the use the logical fallacies, such as that employed in the opening post.

Please, point out where I attacked him in my post.

link   

I did not accuse anyone of trolling.

Only the simple and closed-minded think that disagreement is trolling; often the accusation of "trolling" is used by people such as yourself in order to shut down and distract from arguments they do not like.
edit on 5-5-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

I think you'll find I like this thread and gave the OP a S+F. It was you who joined in accusing the OP of never being a skeptic.

But anyway, as someone mentioned this thread is being ruined with our posts so I think we should call it a day for now.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Here is a link with a list of UFO sightings over the years for all the hardened skeptics claiming there is no alien life.

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for the Wiki link but believe me it makes no difference.

Sceptics (hardened or otherwise) do not believe there is no alien life - I think we have a mislabeling or inappropriate use of a word going on here.

-m0r

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I think you'll find I like this thread and gave the OP a S+F. It was you who joined in accusing the OP of never being a skeptic.

So? Disagreement is not trolling.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for the Wiki link but believe me it makes no difference.

Sceptics (hardened or otherwise) do not believe there is no alien life - I think we have a mislabeling or inappropriate use of a word going on here.

-m0r

Okay. How about skeptics claiming there has never been alien contact with humans? Or there never will be alien contact with humans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join