I was a skeptic . Now I'm a believer

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Responding to the OP, even though I do not believe disclosure for me will happen in my lifetime, if it were to happen and the aliens are the good guys then those who know have some incredible news to convey others which should counter any resentment for keeping it a secret. And if brought by the US government, they'll spin it in a way nobody would want to shoot the messenger and they'll probably make themselves look like heroes too. Ofcourse, if they screw it up many people might go psychotic, suicidal perhaps or at least get pretty upset which should be avoided in a country where a lot of people own guns.

An alternate theory I imagined once, maybe any ET would want an individual to make up their own mind and not have an individual depend on another's made up mind, who has already experienced his/her own undeniable disclosure. That way they would know that individual would never be convinced by others about what ET is according to them, such which has been man's way since ages gone by: "This is evil go fight and kill it, this is good, go make friends and share everything". Maybe ET wants to be 100% certain an entire population can't be told ET is evil, an image which they could never change, a one time moment in all of history to gain our trust which should be something special. Whatever gift they would want to give humanity, once humanity believes ET is evil they'll distrust anything coming from that source subsequently misinterpreting any message as something negative.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hi folks....Personally, I firmly believe in Aliens. After watching many videos on the subject it seems (to me at least) there is far more evidence to suggest their existance than there are to negate it. And until someone (tptb?) come up with something concrete to refute their existance I'll continue to believe. Ridicule and excuses like "swamp gas" don't cut any ice.

I even go one further and say I think "God" was/is an Alien and we're a result of genetic engineering.

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

Now I'm off to watch that video someone posted a link to about David Adair.....bbl
edit on 19-5-2011 by skem64 because: misspelling of believe.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The "I am not sharing my proof ect. ect..." is VERY typical of hoaxes.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
Today has been an epithany. After years of sitting on the fence , I now believe 100% that we have been visited by Alien races since the dawn of man.
I also now believe that tptb in the U.S. have been back engineering captured spacecrafts for decades and that they already have lightspeed and sybmbiotic engine technology.

Now the sad part .
Disclosure will never come in our lifetime ( not unless our interstellar brothers , show themselves for all to see), because for disclosure to come from tptb , they will have to admit to decades of lies and cover ups and that is never going to happen.

I'm not going to share how I have reached my conclusions , because I believe that each one of us must seek the truth for ourselves .
All I will say is , good luck with your search .

Once you have seen the truth , everything else falls into place

Peace to all

This thread is a sorta useless, while a personal revelation like an "epiphany" may justify your belief in aliens, it isn't compelling for anyone else. I'm still waiting on real proof.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by skem64
Hi folks....Personally, I firmly believe in Aliens. After watching many videos on the subject it seems (to me at least) there is far more evidence to suggest their existance than there are to negate it. And until someone (tptb?) come up with something concrete to refute their existance I'll continue to believe. Ridicule and excuses like "swamp gas" don't cut any ice.

I even go one further and say I think "God" was/is an Alien and we're a result of genetic engineering.

Now I'm off to watch that video someone posted a link to about David Adair.....bbl
edit on 19-5-2011 by skem64 because: misspelling of believe.

I somewhat curious what you think of Adair's little tale of fantasy.

I find his story to be disgustingly stupid and childish.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I used to be a believer. I was a believer. Now I'm a skeptic. How anyone could believe in this crap after actually looking into it, short of having a UFO land in thier own backyard I have no idea.

Here is a great thread that explains exactly what I want through:

ATS Thread

Seriously worth a read, an addresses many things in this thread. I do realize that some die hard believers are that way because they think they have had some sort of real alien experience, and who is to say they haven't? But the average believer is a lights in the sky ignorant person that makes us all look like fools every time they open their mouth. And do you notice how they come and go so quickly? Odd that. It is almost as it they start looking into this subject, realize it is full of noise and leave. One has to wonder at some of the believers that stick around after years and years of the internet providing them less and less real evidence, lol.

Then of course you have the believers that treat this like they would treat a religion. Only instead of seeing Jesus or the Virgin Mary in their morning burnt toast they saw a UFO or alien, lol. Sad.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Version100

Hi Version....I was quite glued to his every word actually and watched it with "fascination". That's not to say I believed him out of hand, in fact I'm still on the fence (a bit). But what does bring some credibility to it all is the fact he was a prodigy and did build a rocket when he was only 11yrs old. And when he met Stephen Hawking and confessed his mathematical formulars came to him in dreams, Hawking told him that he too received his formulars by way of dreams.
My point being.....if all that is true, then why not the rest of his stuff?

But all that said I can't help wondering why the US has not already ruled the world. I mean all that was many years ago, surely they (the US) has had enough time to recreate this super rocket engine and cancel out the need for fossil fuels. And when we consider the invasion of Iraq and Afganistan and the pipe line from the Caspian Sea to the Mediterranean Sea...well, why would they (the US) do all that if they didn't need the oil?

As for the Alien "connection" I might add that Gary McKinnon (the guy who hacked in to the Pentagon), mentions something about a file he came across refering to "non-terestials"

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

I followed your link Mainline and read the first three posts. A perfect example of what I said ealier about there being more evidence to support the idea of Aliens than stuff to dismiss the idea...

"Ridicule and excuses like "swamp gas" don't cut any ice".

It would take me ages to dig out all the sources to back up the following claims and I doubt it would make any difference anyway but here are just a few anomalies for people to consider....

Archeologists have found some amazing stuff in the pyramids including a wooden model that resembles a modern day glider. When reconstructed to scale this thing flew. On the other side of the world (Columbia) they found other (gold) stuff that resemble the space shuttle and again when reconstucted to scale and fitted with an engine, the thing flew.

Then there are all the stories in ancient scripture (Vidas) that describe airial battles and the stuff found on cuneiform tablets dating back to the Sumarians also describing "those who from heaven came".
Also there's this thing about elongated craniums. Cultures seperated by thousands of miles and thousands of years placed great importance on this. Is it a coincidence that ancient pharoahs had big heads too? Or could it be that these cultures tried to immitate their "Gods" this way. There's a race in Africa (Dogons) who do it and they also knew of Sirius B way before it was discovered in the 70's.

Why this obsession with the stars?

Then there's that box that was found (over 2000yrs old) in the Mediterranean. With modern xray equipment it was discovered to have wheels and cogs!

www.youtube.com...

I could go on (and on..) but like I said, it probably wouldn't make any difference. My point is, there is far more evidence to suport the notion of Aliens than there is to dismiss it....I repeat, "Ridicule and excuses like "swamp gas" don't cut any ice".

Check out this link, if nothing else....it's interesting and deserves consideration.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Conversely, I used to be a confirmed believer and subsequent investigation has changed me to a suspicious skeptic.
There are a lot of hoaxers and deluded people that can be very convincing. So how do we sort the falsehoods from the truths? Evidence, of course, which is what you are declining to provide.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by subby
Conversely, I used to be a confirmed believer and subsequent investigation has changed me to a suspicious skeptic.
There are a lot of hoaxers and deluded people that can be very convincing. So how do we sort the falsehoods from the truths? Evidence, of course, which is what you are declining to provide.

Your post makes you sound like a deluded hoaxer.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dastardly666

That's not funny or clever. At least I had a point to make.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

It wasn't supposed to be funny or clever.

I was making a point. You made claims without providing any evidence, yet you accused others of being deluded and hoaxers because they do not provide evidence.

So, according to your own thought process, you are a deluded hoaxer.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I was making a point. You made claims without providing any evidence, yet you accused others of being deluded and hoaxers because they do not provide evidence.

You want me to provide proof that there are deluded people and hoaxers claiming to have seen a ufo?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

You want me to provide proof that there are deluded people and hoaxers claiming to have seen a ufo?

Yes please provide evidence that people who claimed to have seen UFOs are lying and are in fact deluded and hoaxers. And please provide evidence to show how you are qualified to call people deluded and hoaxers.

I also want you to prove you were a 'confirmed' believer but your 'investigation' led you to becoming a 'suspicious' skeptic.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'd be very interested to know how/why non-believers can dismiss all the "evidence" supporting the belief in ETs.

For example....en.wikipedia.org...

and.... en.wikipedia.org...

As said earlier..take a look at the Ancient Aliens series... topdocumentaryfilms.com... ...it certainly made me think.

One more thing, unlike non-believers, believers do attempt to offer some evidence to back up their claims wereas
non-believers, for the most part, just seem to offer ridicule and call everything a hoax. Empty words as far as I'm concerned.

So come on, who amongst you non-believers is going to convince me ETs are non-existant?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by skem64

When it comes to trying to identify strange lights in the sky, I don't think there is anything wrong with saying "I don't know what those lights are" rather than jumping to the conclusion that "Those lights are ET craft".

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by skem64

When it comes to trying to identify strange lights in the sky, I don't think there is anything wrong with saying "I don't know what those lights are" rather than jumping to the conclusion that "Those lights are ET craft".

Yes, but when those Lights move at incredible speed or hover without a sound, surely they have been manufactured by someone somewhere. And when these Lights interfere with fighter aircraft controls and missile launch capabilities, then it's not enough to shrug your shoulders and say," I don't know what those lights are"

en.wikipedia.org...

cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65

Originally posted by cripmeister
Any proof in David Adairs pudding or just Lazarian fluff?

I used Adair as a starting point and went on from there.

Seems to me that the people who know the truth are always going to be subject to ridicule . I personally don't think that Adair is a fraud , where as Bob Lazar definately is .

Try to keep an open mind , my friend . It helps

Regards.

Please provide me substantial evidence to the effect that this David Adair is one bit more credible than Bob Lazar. In fact, since you have stated that Bob is a fake, provide conclusive evidence to the effect he is.

My point is that you simply cannot. Skepticism is a belief just as being a "believer" is a belief. Neither constitute solid facts, but rather perceptions based on evidence. Just because you have made some choice to turn a blind eye to reality is nothing to be all too proud of. What the UFO community needs is serious research, not opinions based on hearsay.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Yes, but when those Lights move at incredible speed or hover without a sound, surely they have been manufactured by someone somewhere.

How would you know that?

And when these Lights interfere with fighter aircraft controls and missile launch capabilities, then it's not enough to shrug your shoulders and say," I don't know what those lights are"

And why not?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Okay, I watched the five parts of the David Adair saga. Yes, he seems credible in what he's talking about. I wish he had spent more time describing what he saw at Area 51, but the description of the alien engine was pretty impressive. What he is describing sounds fantastic and completely possible. You think about a symbiotic relationship with the machines and tools that you use and one must then appreciate the ability to control ones thoughts in a way needed to make this work.

As for believing, I'm still on the fence, however, in the category of "I want to believe". I suppose nothing is going to change my mind except for full disclosure or the off chance that I have my own real close encounter.

new topics
top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join